PDA

View Full Version : What Pro Sport would you change and how?

TonyB
06-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Baseball: Remove the designated hitter rule.

Basketball: Raise the rims to 15 feet.

Womens Tennis: Unforced errors cost one article of clothing.

Banter up!

tommcat
06-09-2006, 03:36 PM
i would ban baseball and basketball and make hockey the national past time.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Baseball: Remove the designated hitter rule.

Basketball: Raise the rims to 15 feet.

Womens Tennis: Unforced errors cost one article of clothing.

Banter up!
Tony, you are da man!!!! :worthy:

east tx skier
06-09-2006, 03:43 PM
In the big three of pro sports, I'd like to see endorsements limited and the salary cap significantly lowered. Then add bonuses when they win and increase them when they are in the playoffs. Hungry participants make for better game watching for spectators.

It doesn't really coincide with my view that capitalism is a good thing, but that's not my motivation here.

/Edit. Or how about we make it against the law to sell food to pro atheletes in these sports and make them play for food. :)

bcampbe7
06-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Quit paying salaries to college atheletes!

oops, did I say that out loud??? :rolleyes:

east tx skier
06-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Quit paying salaries to college atheletes.

oops, did I say that out loud??? :rolleyes:

Hey, college sports are still fun to watch. Don't change a thing on that level. Just don't tell them about my food for winners only plan. ;)

06-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Hey, college sports are still fun to watch. Don't change a thing on that level. Just don't tell them about my food for winners only plan. ;)
IF I could change a sport I would change boxing so they had to wear 20lb weights on their hands and 30 lbs weights on their feet.

Also, I would take all golf clubs from every golfer in a tourney, mix them all up and redistribute them at random.

Bowling. grease the approach, and put an electric shock device on if you fall, you get zapped.

Baseball, Easy, just have two pitchers each throw a ball simultaneously. Make the batters think a bit. all outfielders must wear blindfolds and they will have earpieces being directed by a coach where to run to catch the ball, and the coach must have a bad speach impediment to make it a challenge.

Football, fill the ball with water. watch Farve try to throw that!

bcampbe7
06-09-2006, 03:48 PM
IF I could change a sport I would change boxing so they had to wear 20lb weights on their hands and 30 lbs weights on their feet.

Also, I would take all golf clubs from every golfer in a tourney, mix them all up and redistribute them at random.

Bowling. grease the approach, and put an electric shock device on if you fall, you get zapped.

Baseball, Easy, just have two pitchers each throw a ball simultaneously. Make the batters think a bit. all outfielders must wear blindfolds and they will have earpieces being directed by a coach where to run to catch the ball, and the coach must have a bad speach impediment to make it a challenge.

Football, fill the ball with water. watch Farve try to throw that!

:uglyhamme

Favre could still throw that ball! :eek:

hacker
06-09-2006, 05:15 PM
I would change my Pro Sport 205 to a Pro Star 197! :uglyhamme

88 PS190
06-09-2006, 05:20 PM
I would change my Pro Sport 205 to a Pro Star 197! :uglyhamme

WINNER!!!!

of course not of the boat... but good try

SteveO
06-09-2006, 05:55 PM
I would change my Pro Sport 205 to a Pro Star 197! :uglyhamme That was my thought as I read the title. Can't always judge a book by the cover

tex
06-09-2006, 06:05 PM
That was my thought as I read the title. Can't always judge a book by the cover
I thought that you were out of town.

BrianM
06-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Every major sport would be better if it was more like hockey. Not that I am a huge hockey fan but it is definitely the most exciting.

Baseball - Let them run with and use the bat.

Basketball - Eliminate all of the fouls

Football - Keep the clock running and if there is a penalty you have to play with a man down

ski_king
06-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Golf: Allow checking like in hockey. It will make it more difficult to get a good shot off, but the defender runs the risk of getting hit with a high club.

ski_king
06-09-2006, 06:13 PM
A good idea for golf courses in congested urban areas is to combine the course with a cemetery. The head stones and open graves will add a few hazards to the course. You can also visit poor deceased aunt Martha while getting in 18 holes.

rodltg2
06-09-2006, 06:28 PM
ramndom moving turn bouys on the slalom course..

jwchapman
06-09-2006, 06:29 PM
No hockey if there is not a naturally frozen pond left within 30 miles of any pro hockey team's home rink.

No Football indoors before Thanksgiving and never south of the Mason-Dixon line.

No DH.

No falling down in soccer - I tried to watch the World Cup but everytime one of them gets bumped they fall down and act like they've been mugged - what a bunch of cry babies.

PendO
06-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Beach Volleyball ... bottoms only!

east tx skier
06-09-2006, 06:47 PM

I believe that was flatly rejected by AWSA after the Malibu Open last year. :D

TonyB
06-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Beach Volleyball ... bottoms only!

Now that's the spirit.

06-09-2006, 06:49 PM
you sure you aint from Wisconsin Rod...... :confused:

;) 8p

Ric
06-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Baseball:
Run it like the nfl, salary caps, revenue sharing and collective bargaining.

sassydog
06-09-2006, 06:57 PM
we need to start throwing heavy machinery into sports. such as, football on jetskis or runing the bases in demo cars. also adding any more elements of danger only increases my interest. maybe lacross on dirtbikes with a flaming ball! oh yeah and golf using a catapult, not a club, would be sweet too(using a flaming ball of course)!!!

06-09-2006, 06:59 PM
I think archery should be a sport. Not for acuracy, but for catching arrows. THAT would get ratings!!! Watch the networks fight over that one!!!

tex
06-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Baseball-Ban all the protective gear that the batters wear. Make them actually turn double plays
Football-Pass interferance-and bring back the head slap.
Hockey-make it rougher
Basketball-enforce traveling!
Skiing-Make it more head to head and increase pace at tournys.
Golf-Let the fans make noise!

rodltg2
06-09-2006, 07:09 PM
you sure you aint from Wisconsin Rod...... :confused:

;) 8p

you missed my point, ramdomly moving not move to a fixed position

TMCNo1
06-09-2006, 09:05 PM
NASCAR Nextel Cup races should be 150 laps, 50 laps clockwise, 50 laps counterclockwise and the last 50 laps every other car in the running order running clockwise and the other 1/2 the field running counterclockwise at the same time.

Tennis, allow the spectators to pass gas and laugh only!

Golf, 9 holes only with an egg shaped ball!

SKI*MC
06-10-2006, 12:54 AM
I only have one recomendation. That atletes get paid accordingly to their performence. Along with that, they should only get paid if they win!