PDA

View Full Version : Just moved to Naples Florida

gisaacson
06-08-2006, 08:32 PM
I just moved to Naples Florida and was wondering what would be the closest fresh water that I can boat on? I know there is plenty of salt water around here but I dont think the 85 stars and stripes would like it! If anyone knows any good spots please let me know!

Gary

MarkP
06-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Gary

Team Talk has a few boys running around in FL. Iím sure theyíll be along to help you find the spot your looking for.

Until then, did you get that photo of the 85 up yet?

gisaacson
06-08-2006, 08:57 PM
I will get pics of the boat up as soon as I get my high speed net up. This dial up is soo bad! The boat is definitely ready for water though and the weather here is amazing.

Sbeams
06-08-2006, 09:01 PM
We also live in Naples and travel to the caloosahatchee river in Ft. Myers, It is around 40 miles from Imokalee road and is all highway travel.

MarkP
06-08-2006, 09:05 PM
I will get pics of the boat up as soon as I get my high speed net up. This dial up is soo bad! The boat is definitely ready for water though and the weather here is amazing.
Cool

My weather is just barely getting good enough for the wife and kids to start coming out on the boat. Iíve been getting out for a few months now (this season).

mbeach
06-08-2006, 10:19 PM
I just moved to Naples Florida and was wondering what would be the closest fresh water that I can boat on? I know there is plenty of salt water around here but I dont think the 85 stars and stripes would like it! If anyone knows any good spots please let me know!

Gary
there is lake trafford near the town of immokalee. from what i remember, it is approx 1500 acres. spent quite a bit of time on this lake in the 70's when i worked for fla dept of nat resources. one word of caution, however, is that this lake was loaded with gators of all sizes. in fact, this was our favorite lake to bare hand gators from an airboat. there are some nice clear lakes in the sand hill areas near sebring, avon park, and lake placid. these areas are probably 2 to 3 hours from you. of course, there is lake okeechobee accessible through the caloosahatchee river i believe. okeechobee is huge, 50 miles across but i would not consider it a ski lake (great fishing). there are some possibilities near tampa and lakeland depending upon how far you want to drive. in short, you are in a beautiful area for marine related activities but are limited to freshwater stuff. hope this helps.