PDA

View Full Version : Flexboards

NeilM
06-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Anybody tried a flexboard?

My son went to Shawn Murray's Wakeboard camp in February and came back "needing" a Hyperlite 144 ROAM flexboard. He tried it out on the weekend (water is a balmy 51 degrees here! brrr) -- the bottom of it is 100% smooth - no fins, no keels, nothing. He says its no different than a snowboard.

I'll wait for my arm to mend a little more (and the water to warm up - I'm a wuss) before I try it out, I think.

Mi.mc
06-08-2006, 07:37 PM
wanna dig up a picture of one? i havent seen one before...

88 PS190
06-08-2006, 08:24 PM
They're pretty cool, not for those big jumps and spins but they're pretty cool to watch, alot looser riding combining the flexibility with the edge design concepts of a snoboard with the wakeboarders.

Good riders can get awesome suface slides and such going.

have you ever seen a freebord? same ideas but for long board skateboarding

MYMC
06-09-2006, 09:19 AM
Once I started riding a Roam board I have not been back on a wakeboard in two years. It will teach you great edge control and make you a better rider. All regular inverts can be done on it and it makes a great slider board...a real must have IMHO.

G-man
06-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Sounds like a trick ski with sideways bindings.

NeilM
06-09-2006, 10:07 AM
Sounds like a trick ski with sideways bindings.

Good Description;)

To see one, go to http://www.hyperlite.com/06_web/06_index.html and click on 'flexboards'

vegashomeexpert
06-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Last weeks edition of Pull on Fuel Tv shows Sean Murray riding one on the rear edge with the toe of the board sticking straight up in the air. Looks stange and we had to replay it several times to see what was going on. Try doing THAT on a regular wakeboard.

Hoff1
06-09-2006, 12:16 PM
I've removed the fins off of my board before to practice edging and control. Also a lot of fun to spin easier. Don't know anything about the Roam board, but man was it hard to control the finless wakeboard until I got used to it, well, really never got used to it. Jumping wake to wake proved to be a bad idea.