PDA

View Full Version : Boat Value website??????

HHP
06-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Looking for a website that deals with boat values? Please send any of these sites my way. Thanks HHP

bcampbe7
06-07-2006, 10:05 PM
www.nada.com

JohnnyB
06-08-2006, 01:37 PM
See what NADA comes up with and then search BoatTrader to see what asking prices are. When I sold my boat, NADA was about 4-5K below asking price and I got 4K over NADA when I sold it.....she was in sweet shape though.....

BrianM
06-08-2006, 02:48 PM
JohnnyB has great advice here.

From NADA. Pay particular attention to the Note at the bottom

Value Explanations Low Retail Value A low retail valued boat will show excessive wear and tear either cosmetically and/or mechanically. This boat will require cosmetic or mechanical work and may or may not be in running order. The buyer can expect to invest in cosmetic and/or mechanical work. Low retail vessels usually are not found on a dealer's lot.
Low Retail should not be considered a trade-in value.

Average Retail Value An average retail valued boat should be in good condition with no visible damage or defects. This boat will show moderate wear and tear and will be in sound running condition. The buyer may need to invest in either minor cosmetic or mechanical work.

Note: Vessels in exceptional condition can be worth a significantly higher value than the Average Retail Price shown.

kycat2007
06-08-2006, 03:05 PM
I think Mastercraft dealers have their own computer program that tells them what price the boats should be at. It is way under NADA. If NADA says your Mastercraft is worth $20000. I would look on the web at similar boats on sites like Flipsell some of the traders. You will generally find that you probably can ask $24000 for a Mastercraft in great condition and get it. Dealers will try to get the same boat traded for a value of $14000. They make some pretty decent margins. They will in turn sell the boat for $23000 or have lots of wiggle room on another trade. This is why so many people sell the boats themselves.