PDA

View Full Version : polk momo speaker kit?

TPG-2000
06-07-2006, 09:48 PM
In the mastercraft by design catalog there is a polk/momo speaker package that is avalable to replace the 4 clarion units, has anyone bought the kit? what do you think of it? It looks like the tweeters get replaced with billit plates, do they look ok? Was a subwoofer included? I want to replace the clarions with something better but I dont want to invest in a amp right now.

thanks

mitch
06-07-2006, 10:47 PM
In the mastercraft by design catalog there is a polk/momo speaker package that is avalable to replace the 4 clarion units, has anyone bought the kit? what do you think of it? It looks like the tweeters get replaced with billit plates, do they look ok? Was a subwoofer included? I want to replace the clarions with something better but I dont want to invest in a amp right now.

thanks

Not sure on the Polk kit, but I heard their speakers rock! get the amp and sub now, you'll be happy you did. I replaced my Clariions w/ Alpines 2 years ago, and they are much better.

skitilldark
06-08-2006, 12:02 AM
I've always heard that polk speakers were awesome, but I got a couple a year or so ago and ,maybe it was just these particular models but they were really crappy I thought. Don't understand because I've always heard they rock.

AZHAWK
06-08-2006, 12:12 AM
I've always heard that polk speakers were awesome, but I got a couple a year or so ago and ,maybe it was just these particular models but they were really crappy I thought. Don't understand because I've always heard they rock.
Hard to make any speaker sound good in a poorly designed enclosure (tower cans). Polk does make nice stuff. IMHO it sounds better than the stock Clarion speakers, tied with the JL stuff. I just don't like the look of the billet cover plates. :o

mitch
06-08-2006, 12:33 AM

I hate when that happens.. Which model did you get?

noose374
06-08-2006, 01:20 AM
I just made some tower speakers and I used 4 of the Polk db 650's. I have them on a 4 by 70 watt amp and they sound great. They are also "suitable for marine use." The Momo's are polk's high end line so they should sound better in theroy.

rick s.
06-08-2006, 02:20 PM
is the Mastercraft-by-Design catalog on-line? If so, how do you get to it?

Diesel
06-08-2006, 02:25 PM
is the Mastercraft-by-Design catalog on-line? If so, how do you get to it?

best place is www.mymastercraft.com

ksmaristar91
06-08-2006, 02:44 PM
I just put 8 mm650's in my boat, 4 in the boat and 4 in cans on the tower! They sound great, real efficient!

skitilldark
06-08-2006, 07:17 PM
I hate when that happens.. Which model did you get?

Can't remember which model no's I since pulled them out, but they were 6" 3 ways. (Probably trying to do too much in a small speaker). Anyway, they had no high end. Only mid and low. I was driving them with a 250 watt amp so I figured it was enough power, but maybe not. I've heard the new ones in the new MC's and they sound really good.