PDA

View Full Version : Minneapolis area to-do list...

M-Funf
06-07-2006, 08:32 PM
So I'm headed to the Minneapolis area next month for a couple of days (7/18-7/20).
I'll be working during normal business hours, but will be off after around 5PM, and around noon on the 20th.
I've never been to the MSP area, and was hoping somebody here could give me some tips about any "must-see" items, good restaurants, good bars, etc. for my free time...

Please give me your ideas!!!!

JohnnyB
06-07-2006, 08:43 PM
My brother lives there....we're going skiing this weekend in Northern WI....I'll get a list from him.

jake
06-07-2006, 10:10 PM
what part of the city will you be in?

bigmac
06-07-2006, 10:25 PM
So I'm headed to the Minneapolis area next month for a couple of days (7/18-7/20).
I'll be working during normal business hours, but will be off after around 5PM, and around noon on the 20th.
I've never been to the MSP area, and was hoping somebody here could give me some tips about any "must-see" items, good restaurants, good bars, etc. for my free time...

Please give me your ideas!!!!

Manny's Steak House is good. My favorite is Damico Cucina (Italian) at 100 North 6th Street. If money is no object and excellent wine is key, get a reservation at the 510 Restaurant (at 510 Groveland).

For touristy things, walk around the lakes, and you should see the Mall of America. I hate shopping there, but it's a fascinating concept. Probably a bunch of other things to do, but I'd have to ask my mother-in-law.

If you get the time and have a company rental, drive two hours north and I'll get you up on the kite tube... :D

jrhollow
06-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Are you going to be in downtown Minneapolis or a suburb?

mitch
06-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Manny's Steak House is good. My favorite is Damico Cucina (Italian) at 100 North 6th Street. If money is no object and excellent wine is key, get a reservation at the 510 Restaurant (at 510 Groveland).

For touristy things, walk around the lakes, and you should see the Mall of America. I hate shopping there, but it's a fascinating concept. Probably a bunch of other things to do, but I'd have to ask my mother-in-law.

If you get the time and have a company rental, drive two hours north and I'll get you up on the kite tube... :D

Mac, How is the kite tube working out for you? Which one do you have?

M-Funf
06-08-2006, 11:52 AM
what part of the city will you be in?

I'll be in Eden Prarie, which looks to be very close to downtown...

M-Funf
06-08-2006, 11:53 AM

I will have a company rental, but don't think I'll have the time to drive :(

That does sound like it would be fun, though :woohoo:

bigmac
06-08-2006, 11:57 AM
Mac, How is the kite tube working out for you? Which one do you have?

Wego. It's a blast.

peason
06-08-2006, 12:29 PM
What kind of activities are you looking for? Minneapolis has several theaters, museums - in fact the Science Museum in St. Paul has the "body" show going on right now which is real bodies that have been injected with silicone to highlight all of the parts - kind of gross, but facinating. I can give you a pull if you can make it over to the east side of town - about 30 minute drive from Eden Prarie - it just depends what sports we have going on at this time.

Tom023
06-08-2006, 12:36 PM
My brother works for the Guthrie Theatre. They have a good website, if that's your thing, I could get you some information.

RexDog1
06-08-2006, 12:54 PM
http://www.britspub.com/index.php

On Sunday "All Day Happy Hour" :friday: :woohoo: :friday:

M-Funf
06-08-2006, 01:04 PM
What kind of activities are you looking for?

Well, my time is pretty limited. I'll only have evenings after about 6PM, so getting out to get some good grub, see some slimmies and get some good drinks is probably all time will allow...

Kevin 89MC
06-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Well, I'm a bit out of the bar scene, with kids & all, but Pracna on Main is pretty cool. Walking the lakes (Calhoun, Harriet, Isles, & Nokomis) usually provides lots of nice scenery. ;)