View Full Version : MaxSight contact lenses

bcampbe7
06-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Possible waterski application?

Can you even wear contacts when skiing?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/06/06/sports.lenses.ap/index.html

erkoehler
06-07-2006, 02:10 PM
I know quite a few people that ski/foot/board with contacts.

LakePirate
06-07-2006, 02:14 PM
I ski with them but usually with only one eye open. For some reason I always seem to get spray in one of them and I feel like it is going to come out.

This is pretty cool. I have always been sensitive to sunlight ever since I started wearing contacts and hate to take the sunglasses off to ski.

Jorski
06-07-2006, 02:15 PM
I don't know that there would be an advantage for waterskiing...never found that seeing the bouy was my reason for missing it.

That being said, you can (and I do) wear contacts for waterskiing. I use the disposable ones so it wouldn't be a big deal if I lost one. I have been skiing for about 10 years with them without incident.

BTW, the accuvue lenes that wear have some UV filtering built in.

Steve UK-ITALY
06-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Ive been skiing, Bare footing, jet skiing, scuba diving the last 20 years and think I only ever lost a lens once. Disposables are so cheap now anyway you can afford the odd lens being washed away.

Steve

JohnnyB
06-07-2006, 02:20 PM
I am nearly blind without my lenses and ski with them all the time. Like others have mentioned, I wear disponsables so that its not a big $$$ hit to loose one. I probably loose a couple pair a season (Apr - Nov) in total.

pkskier
06-07-2006, 03:13 PM
I've been skiing for 31 years wearing contacts and have never had a problem or lost a contact.

Cloaked
06-07-2006, 05:30 PM
I've been skiing for 31 years wearing contacts and have never had a problem or lost a contact.:word: ....

Kevin 89MC
06-07-2006, 06:37 PM
I read about those colored contact lenses a while ago-maybe last year. Hadn't heard of them since. Would be interesting to try, but as already mentioned, I can't blame my contacts for not getting more buoys yet!
I ski & foot with contacts, and haven't lost one yet, even with some nasty faceplants. Sometimes the spray does bug me when getting up, but it's better than skiing without them.