PDA

View Full Version : True boat hours

nashvillematt
06-07-2006, 12:17 PM
I want to find out how many hours are truly on my boat. I am thinking that my guage was replaced and then sold to me. Is it as simple as taking the boat to my nearest MC dealer and haiving him take a look at it?
Thanks!

east tx skier
06-07-2006, 12:20 PM
If it's a chevy, they can do it. If it's a ford, my understanding is that you cannot figure it out by hooking it up to the 'puter.

nashvillematt
06-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Its a chevy. The concern that I have is that it is a 1995 and I bought it with 14 hours on in. When I was cleaning the vinyl seat backs you can see where a rope used to rub the top. So, I am thinknig that maybe there used to be a ski pole in the boat and therefore there HAS to be more than 14 hours on this partictular boat.
MS

erkoehler
06-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Its a chevy. The concern that I have is that it is a 1995 and I bought it with 14 hours on in. When I was cleaning the vinyl seat backs you can see where a rope used to rub the top. So, I am thinknig that maybe there used to be a ski pole in the boat and therefore there HAS to be more than 14 hours on this partictular boat.
MS

Take it to your local MC dealer. If you setup an appointment, they should be able to do it in around an hour or so.

Diesel
06-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Take it to your local MC dealer. If you setup an appointment, they should be able to do it in around an hour or so.

It takes all of 2mins. Hook up the the TechI and turn on the key. It will tell you how many hours are on the engine.......that is unless the ecm has been replaced.

If engine hours are much more than 14 I would raise hell with the seller.

T Scott
06-07-2006, 03:20 PM
It takes all of 2mins. Hook up the the TechI and turn on the key. It will tell you how many hours are on the engine.......that is unless the ecm has been replaced.

If engine hours are much more than 14 I would raise hell with the seller.

Depends on if the seller was the original owner. If he was, there might be some recourse (depending on whow long ago you bought it) but if it has had multiple owners, there is no telling who did something fraudulent. I personally would have raised an eyebrow at 14 hours on a 11 year old boat. The time to have it checked was before you took delivery.

Thrall
06-07-2006, 04:33 PM
14 hrs on a '95??
And what do you mean it may have used to have a ski pole? Is it a MC?

Ryan
06-07-2006, 04:54 PM
14 hrs on a '95??
And what do you mean it may have used to have a ski pole? Is it a MC?

It's nuts to me, but I'm a skier. I looked at two used DD's in my boat shopping days. Both had the pylon removed, one guy misplaced his and was surprised I'd even want one in the boat!!!

Thrall
06-07-2006, 05:17 PM
It's nuts to me, but I'm a skier. I looked at two used DD's in my boat shopping days. Both had the pylon removed, one guy misplaced his and was surprised I'd even want one in the boat!!!

Ok, you learn something new every day. Whether I skiied or not (I do), I couldn't see any good reason to remove the pylon from the boat. Takes up too much space or something???

"What the he!!'s this here pole fer?"
"I dunno!"
"Lookee heer. There's a little hook right in the back! Go get me the sawzall!"

86Craft
06-07-2006, 05:43 PM
MS

When did you buy the boat, last week or in 1995? Do you just want to know the hours, or you want to go back at the seller. 11 years old and only 14 hours on it? I guess if it was a boat from the Alaskan Arctic Circle. What model of Mastercraft is it?

nashvillematt
06-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Its a 225 Maristar and it was used on a private ski lake. The thing that gets me is that on the back cushion it has lines in the "dirtyness" that look like a rope has been pulled over the seat a lot. Do they even put ski poles in a Maristar? I know the dealer very well and have only started to question this after cleaning the vinyl.

Ryan
06-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Now on that boat, I can see why some folks (not I) would want it out. It's in the middle of the floor of a V-Drive. Does your boat have a tower?

nashvillematt
06-07-2006, 06:16 PM
It does now, but I put it on there a few years back.

Tom023
06-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Now on that boat, I can see why some folks (not I) would want it out. It's in the middle of the floor of a V-Drive. Does your boat have a tower?

Now that is fricken hilarious! Add 6 feet to it and invite some slimies on board.