PDA

View Full Version : South Haven, Michigan

prostar190
06-07-2006, 09:23 AM
My brother is coming up from Pawley's Island SC to my house this Thur, he is buying a new boat (Sea Hunt). We are going to drive to South Haven starting Friday morning getting there Friday afternoon. Can anybody recommend good restaurants, bars and hotels. Thanks

Workin' 4 Toys
06-07-2006, 09:38 AM
My brother is coming up from Pawley's Island SC to my house this Thur, he is buying a new boat (Sea Hunt). We are going to drive to South Haven starting Friday morning getting there Friday afternoon. Can anybody recommend good restaurants, bars and hotels. Thanks

Two questions:

1-Where are you driving from?
2-Can he get me a deal on a hammock....?:)

prostar190
06-07-2006, 09:50 AM
We will be leaving my house outside of Washington DC friday morning. He has baught a new trailer in Carolina and the boat will be ready for sea trials all day Saturday. He may have a hook up for the hammock?

BradD
06-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Clementines is a "must eat at" when in South Haven.

Workin' 4 Toys
06-07-2006, 10:15 AM
I was kidding about the hammock, they have the best there. I already have 3.
Anyway, you are driving from Wash. to Mich with an empty trailer to pick up a boat?

prostar190
06-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Yeap. thats the plan, about 650 miles. Hoping to party a little Friday night brother and I don't get to take as many road trips any more. With all the members from Michigan, I was hoping for more input, step up to the plate.

88 PS190
06-07-2006, 10:49 AM
remember South Haven does not equal Benton Harbor... stay north my friend.

Workin' 4 Toys
06-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Yeap. thats the plan, about 650 miles. Hoping to party a little Friday night brother and I don't get to take as many road trips any more. With all the members from Michigan, I was hoping for more input, step up to the plate.
Paw Paw lake near coloma is a good stop if you need a public launch. Not alot to eat around there though. A few small restaurants along the lake and its about 15 miles from your destination.

Maristar210
06-07-2006, 11:30 AM
"The Chophouse" on Phoenix street in South Haven or "The Curve" on Blue Star Memorial Hwy is a decent bar. It's been two years since I've been down there though. Your choices are limited in this small town. Stay north is also correct. Benton Harbor is not a nice area. Another suggestion is don't drink and drive there and expect to get away with it. These small town police departments produce income just like the merchants do, in the summer and from tourists. Walk.

Steve

88 PS190
06-07-2006, 11:32 AM
If you're ever going down the lake, Michiana has some wonderfuly beaches and such, and there are some really good places to eat in new buffalo

prostar190
06-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks Buddy,
We were hoping to walk or take a cab, just park the F-350 and the trailer once we get there. Thanks for you suggestions.