PDA

View Full Version : 96 Ps190

bcampbe7
07-30-2004, 02:02 PM
Does anyone know where the fuse panel is on a 96 PS190? I have seen ohioprostar's pictures and wonder where you get your switched power from?

captkidd
07-30-2004, 02:26 PM
Maybe I don't understand the question, but aren't the little "buttons" under your switches on the instrument pane the "fuses"? I think they're more like circuit breakers than fuses.

bcampbe7
07-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Your probably right. I guess I am trying to figure out how to use them for switch power, ie to allow the depth guage to come on when the key is turned on. Also if I ever want to install an amp, that sort of thing. I may be making this harder than it should be.

JimN
07-30-2004, 05:07 PM
You don't want to use the switched power for an amp. That needs to go directly to the battery, with proper wire gauge and, terminals and fuse or circuit breaker(within 12" of the battery terminal). If you tap into switched power for the amp, you'll starve the other accessories that are also connected.

captkidd
07-30-2004, 05:46 PM
My 94 had two auxiliary switches that were not used for anything else, so I used one for the radio and one for the depth finder. Since I had a tendency to just turn the volume down, I often forgot to turn the radio off and thus run the battery down. Now I just make sure to turn both switches off and I don't have to worry about it.

I don't remember how I did it, but it must have been very easy because it worked.

MarkP
07-30-2004, 08:21 PM
bcamp,

donít you have the extra wires under your dash