PDA

View Full Version : Any Land Rover Mechanics out there??

firstmc
06-07-2006, 09:42 AM
I have an 03 Discovery and took it in for service work and they gave me an 04 Discovery as a loaner. The 04 Disco turns much better than my 03. Did they change something in the 04? From what i recall the 03/04 were the same vehicle???

bcampbe7
06-07-2006, 10:03 AM
What do you mean by "better?"
Smaller turning radius? Quicker steering response? Etc?

Check this site if you haven't already. You may be able to find your answer via search. If not, post this question there and you will get your answer.

www.discoweb.org

east tx skier
06-07-2006, 12:15 PM
I thought all land rover mechanics had retired having made so much money? ;)

bcampbe7
06-07-2006, 12:25 PM
I thought all land rover mechanics had retired having made so much money? ;)

:uglyhamme

I guess that is a possibility.

I think there are steering stop adjustments on your D2. If the turning radius on you loaner is better (smaller) then adjusting these stops will help.

Does your loaner have ACE? Does yours have ACE?

Workin' 4 Toys
06-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Maybe they made the change when they started using "heated" steering :eek: wheels....

(Sorry..I found that to be an amusing option. I am sure those that have them appreciate its comfort.)

6ballsisall
06-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Maybe they made the change when they started using "heated" steering :eek: wheels....

(Sorry..I found that to be an amusing option. I am sure those that have them appreciate its comfort.)

they really have that??? :eek:

Workin' 4 Toys
06-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Yes they do (http://media.ford.com/newsroom/release_display.cfm?release=23409)

Three-zone automatic climate control system with pollen filter, steering wheel–mounted controls plus auto and manual recirculation settings
CFC-free air conditioning
16-way power adjustablefront seats withinflatable lumbar support and folding armrests
Three-position memorypreset for driver seat, steering column and exterior mirror positions
Heated front and rear seats; heated steering wheel

Kevin 89MC
06-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Yep, as WFT pointed out. BMW, MB and a few others do as well. The newest gadget I'm aware of is heated and Air Conditioned seats. Caddilac, IIRC. That would actually be sweet IMHO. Even here in Minnesota, there are a few days that I'll be sweating in the seat with the air on full.

88 PS190
06-07-2006, 08:35 PM
we have a lexus around w/ heated and cooled seats... don't rip a fart as it blows it all around the car.

M-Funf
06-07-2006, 08:39 PM
some BMW models have heated seats, ventilated seats, and heated steering wheels.
Some of the newer models have seats that adjust bolsters based on how many lateral G's you're pulling... :steering:

point1234
06-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Did you hear that they are putting heated tailgates on some of the new trucks.