PDA

View Full Version : New Perfect Pass Display

georgea0731
06-06-2006, 09:51 PM
What's your take on the new PP Display? Did you upgrade? Is so, how much was it? I heard you must change the chip, is that hard to do?
If not, why not?
Please email amonette516@comcast.net
Thanks

east tx skier
06-06-2006, 10:01 PM
I like it, but I was not one of those folks who knew the old display to the point where I could count the up ^ and get where I needed to be. If you had the old menu memorized, it will take getting used to.

Cost was $199 from Perfect Pass for new display and chip. I also ordered the chip extractor tool, but you should be able to get it from radio shack. Install of chip and display took no more than 15 minutes. Extremely easy.

BuoyChaser
06-06-2006, 11:36 PM
i really enjoy running only in tournament mode, easily able to adjust RPM up/down, but certainly need to get use to things...name feature is great as well as the quick crew weight and skier weight adjustments...

dhcomp
06-07-2006, 05:26 PM
If you are comfortable with the old one, no need to change. Its a pain to relearn it all.....and if you are good at the old one its almost harder to learn the new one. The new one is logical....but u must forget what you knew before.

So pretty much, if you have used the old one for a while, spend the $200 on gas.