PDA

View Full Version : Trailer tire valve stems...check.

P-hat_in_Cincy
06-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Hey all,
While topping off the air pressure in our '04 MC SA trailer, with about 2000miles on it, I noticed the rubber on the base of all the valve stems where cracking rather bad. I inspected all 3 tires (including spare) and they all showed the same condition.

The good guys at Tire Discounters replaced them all (with high pressure valve stems) for me with just a hand shake and a "just come see me when you need new tires".

In the process I even found out the lugs holding on the spare were 21mm while the trailer lugs are 3/4".

Anyway...I just wanted to give a head's up to you guys. It's 15secs of checking that could save you a world of hurt.

Paul

6ballsisall
06-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Good reminder Paul! That could have been a catastrophic failure! I am checking mine today!! :wavey:

vogelm1
06-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Hey all,
While topping off the air pressure in our '04 MC SA trailer, with about 2000miles on it, I noticed the rubber on the base of all the valve stems where cracking rather bad. I inspected all 3 tires (including spare) and they all showed the same condition.

The good guys at Tire Discounters replaced them all (with high pressure valve stems) for me with just a hand shake and a "just come see me when you need new tires".

In the process I even found out the lugs holding on the spare were 21mm while the trailer lugs are 3/4".

Anyway...I just wanted to give a head's up to you guys. It's 15secs of checking that could save you a world of hurt.

Paul

Likewise with mine, except it was a BRAND NEW 2005 trailer. Was just doing basic checks before a long pull and noticed the stems were cracked bad. Though I was charged $12, it was good insurance and piece of mind. Definitely worth a check if you haven't already.