PDA

View Full Version : Power Connection for Depth Sounder

Ski MC
06-06-2006, 02:52 AM
Just looking for a little guidance here. I am installing a depth sounder on my '96 PS205. I am going to fit it in place of the clock, which is always wired to power. Since I want the depth sounder to come on with the ignition only, where would be a good place to pick up the hot wire? (Note - both my accessory switches are used). Thanks.

BrianM
06-06-2006, 09:57 AM
You can wire it to the ignition switch as long as there is an inline fuse to your depth sounder. Just pull out the switch and hook it to the side that is only hot with the key in the on position.

PerryBpilot
06-06-2006, 10:00 PM
I have a 2000 Maristar, my depth sounder is set up to the key switch as you described. I find it convenient, before you even tutn over the engine you know the depth........
:guitar:

walterlaughlin
06-02-2013, 11:42 PM
You can wire it to the ignition switch as long as there is an inline fuse to your depth sounder. Just pull out the switch and hook it to the side that is only hot with the key in the on position.

I have a depth sounder also, wired to ACC1. The switch gets hot to the touch after being turned on for a couple minutes. There is no inline fuse, or at least I have not found one. Would adding a 1-amp inline fuse and moving the + / - wires to the switch solve this issue? I know zero about electronics unfortunately. I assumed the reason the switch was getting hot was the ACC1 circuit was too much current. Thanks

Lumbergh
06-03-2013, 10:43 AM
I added the power the stereo ignition power circuit, only works with the key on or ACC.