PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage A Genetic Disorder?

Hoosier Bob
06-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Wow! Just heard on the news that "Roadrage" may be tied to genetics! I am German Irish! I think it is just a coincidence! German being amonia and Irish being bleach the two most volatile ingredients for disaster! I am thankful that all of my recent "Roadrage" incidents :rolleyes: can now be tied to my genetic makeup and are not my fault! Society is why I struggle! Depression is why I am fat and The man is why my job sucks! The body you have today you have worked your entire life for! The mental disposition you have today you have worked your entire life for! The job you have today YOU HAVE WORKED YOUR ENTIRE LIFE FOR! P****** look for reasons and winners look for solutions! Don't tell me I am a DICK as a result of GENETICS! IT IS BY CHOICE I ASSURE YOU! :eek:

PendO
06-05-2006, 10:37 PM
HB ... you weren't the guy in the Audi I met on the Interstate yesterday ... were you?

LakePirate
06-05-2006, 10:37 PM
I got the horn from a cabbie today so I would pull up at a red light so he could cut through the parking lot of a gas station. I do not carry a gun in the car strictly because of this. I would have shot him.

Somewhere someone is actually doing research on this....I wonder if it has anything to do with the number of gnomes in you front yard?

Hoosier Bob
06-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Call me what you will but don't trash my Gnomes! As far as the Audi it was a VW Casey you dumbarse! I wasn't saying you were still number one either! Just rememeber when I cut you off, swerve into you lane and flip you off it is a problem, a disorder. Your response should be to say oh, look at Hoosier, I heard he had RRD (RoadRageDisorder!). Tilt your head to the side and nod knowingly! Give me that look of total sympathy and the situation should be de-fused! OR NOT! :D

Mi.mc
06-05-2006, 10:43 PM
HB ... you weren't the guy in the Audi I met on the Interstate yesterday ... were you?

heh... no... .that was me....
just kidding

Hoosier Bob
06-05-2006, 10:45 PM
My point is obviuos! Are we ever to expect accountability for our actions? OK I did it but I did it because of this gene see, yeah that's it it was a gene! The good news is when you are electricuted it usually takes care of your genes too! :mad:

LakePirate
06-05-2006, 10:49 PM
My point is obviuos! Are we ever to expect accountability for our actions? OK I did it but I did it because of this gene see, yeah that's it it was a gene! The good news is when you are electricuted it usually takes care of your genes too! :mad:

no

well atleast not anymore

Hoosier Bob
06-05-2006, 11:16 PM
I understand no one posting but does no one get it that we find excuses for everything? What ever happened to "Thank you sir may I have another?" Being of a fairly structured upbringing I am finding that Road Rage is merely a result of the diciplined clashing with the undiciplined. Respect is not a consideration but a requirement and if not met be prepared to handle the consequences. SHOOT ALL THAT DO NOT USE A TURN SIGNAL! Being an avid motorcycle rider I would support this! :woohoo:

Workin' 4 Toys
06-06-2006, 08:49 AM
I understand no one posting but does no one get it that we find excuses for everything? What ever happened to "Thank you sir may I have another?" Being of a fairly structured upbringing I am finding that Road Rage is merely a result of the diciplined clashing with the undiciplined. Respect is not a consideration but a requirement and if not met be prepared to handle the consequences. SHOOT ALL THAT DO NOT USE A TURN SIGNAL! Being an avid motorcycle rider I would support this! :woohoo:
Hey HB, "READ MY SIGNATURE"...............8p

sizzler
06-06-2006, 08:58 AM
german/irish........jeez no wonder :cool:

PendO
06-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Call me what you will but don't trash my Gnomes! As far as the Audi it was a VW Casey you dumbarse! I wasn't saying you were still number one either! Just rememeber when I cut you off, swerve into you lane and flip you off it is a problem, a disorder. Your response should be to say oh, look at Hoosier, I heard he had RRD (RoadRageDisorder!). Tilt your head to the side and nod knowingly! Give me that look of total sympathy and the situation should be de-fused! OR NOT! :D

hey, were you driving a blue S-10 today on the interstate ... if so that's two days in a row ... lets not make it a 3rd!

Hoosier Bob
06-06-2006, 04:04 PM
So are all of these people raging at you or vice versa? You may have that "SNAP GENE" I was referring to! ;) hey, were you driving a blue S-10 today on the interstate ... if so that's two days in a row ... lets not make it a 3rd!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-06-2006, 04:10 PM
I bet HB only gets road rage when he is trying to get to the liquor store in a hurry! :D

Leroy
06-06-2006, 04:22 PM
HB; I think you need one of the new low ego emissions cars! :D

Hmmm, wonder who the invader was that time....
german/irish........jeez no wonder :cool:

PendO
06-06-2006, 05:21 PM
So are all of these people raging at you or vice versa? You may have that "SNAP GENE" I was referring to! ;)

oh man, I got the gene, and it is hereditary for sure - German/Danish/Czech

Workin' 4 Toys
06-07-2006, 08:57 AM
I bet HB only gets road rage when he is trying to get to the liquor store in a hurry! :D
Don't we all.......
And it isn't getting "to" the store, it's the way home that is usually the problem....:o

east tx skier
06-07-2006, 11:16 AM
If this is true, I'd hate to get diagnosed with it. Can you imagine how quick your insurance rates would go up!

Maristar210
06-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Hey HB,

I am sure there is currently a Pharmaceutical company looking into to a possible prescription treatment for this you know. That way I'll need two medicine cabinets for all the da** meds they want us on. :rolleyes:

I hear you man - amazing.

Oh and up yours, by the way :uglyhamme ;)

Steve

TMCNo1
06-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Hey HB,

I am sure there is currently a Pharmaceutical company looking into to a possible prescription treatment for this you know. That way I'll need two medicine cabinets for all the da** meds they want us on. :rolleyes:

Steve

The disorder is called "Intermittent Explosive Disorder".

A local TV anchor referred it the the male version of womens "PMS" to a certain degree. I guess we males could always try MYDOL as a treatment! :eek: :rant: :firejump:

When I have IED, my wife tells me, "To act my age and go set in the boat". When she has PMS, "I say, "Yes dear".

Hoosier Bob
06-07-2006, 03:19 PM
I am with you however I have suffered from IED both before during and after my visits to the local FBE's (FROTHY BEVERAGE ESTABLISHMENTS)! Eastie has me a little scared! WOW! My insurance could go up just because of a physical? I think I will hide the symptoms at all cost! Steve, the "UP YOURS" priceless! :D Don't we all.......
And it isn't getting "to" the store, it's the way home that is usually the problem....:o

Maristar210
06-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Steve, the "UP YOURS" priceless! :D

I do what I can.

"Did you see that A-HOLE PULL RIGHT OUT IN FRONT OF ME?"

"Hoooooonk!!!!"

"Morons like you should take the frickin bus"

I am guilty of all three......

Steve

Hoosier Bob
06-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Uh oh! Casey is on. I think it is best that we all pull over and let him through! ;)
Post away SNAP GENE!

BriEOD
06-07-2006, 09:18 PM
I cannot wait to see the first time some defense attorney brings a shrink into court to testify that the defendant suffers from a psychological disorder (road rage) which caused him/her to run someone off the road causing a vehicular homicide, therefore they require medical rehabilitaion not incarceration. :rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
06-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Are you saying I don't have a chance? :confused: Casey said no problem the judge flipped him off just last week!I cannot wait to see the first time some defense attorney brings a shrink into court to testify that the defendant suffers from a psychological disorder (road rage) which caused him/her to run someone off the road causing a vehicular homicide, therefore they require medical rehabilitaion not incarceration. :rolleyes:

PendO
06-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Hoosier, I did not see you today ... I take it you were not driving around north Idaho ... I did see a guy with a flat tire who looked like he needed help ... I gave him the steve "up yours" as I drove by at 60, made my day:)

Mi.mc
06-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Hoosier, I did not see you today ... I take it you were not driving around north Idaho ... I did see a guy with a flat tire who looked like he needed help ... I gave him the steve "up yours" as I drove by at 60, made my day:)

ha ha ha ha ha

Hoosier Bob
06-08-2006, 07:38 PM
I am selling "UP YOUR'S HOOSIER!" bumper stickers! Yes Steve you will get your cut! ;)

BriEOD
06-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Are you saying I don't have a chance? :confused: Casey said no problem the judge flipped him off just last week!
Maybe if you hire Eastie as your lawyer you might have a chance.

Hoosier Bob
06-23-2006, 08:30 PM
After all of these posts I have discovered the cure for ROAD RAGE! Glass, MasterCraft, some buds enjoying and some cold beer! 8p

Hoosier Bob
03-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Ever been drinkin' and re-read a thread from the past? This may have been one I should have walked away from!:o

JimN
03-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Having that gene is better than the "Twinkie Defense".

I do some of my best venting while I drive.

Do I have it if I'm German/English/Scottish?(Tell me I'm not a bad person)

Monte
03-23-2007, 10:20 PM
I do some of my best venting while I drive.

It IS a great sport;)

Hoosier Bob
03-23-2007, 10:24 PM
German gets you in regardless! German Irish just so happens to be the most volatile combination known to man. You on the other hand have no Irish but have substituted Scott and Bloke! That may require some additional consideration. First off what is the possibility of a Scott, a Bloke and Krout getting drunk enough to concieve your dumb arse? I will guarantee you that video is on U-Tube!

Monte
03-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Have you searched it yet??????????? Dayumit-German, Scot, Irish, And Crow indian.... Here..

JKTX21
03-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Haha.. Thanks for the post HB. I am one-half pure blooded IRISH! I have never second guessed my moody-ness, my road rage, or my love for the sauce. I do get moody from time to time, but people accept this and still like me. I have told a few people on the road ways they were #1, but it was nothing personal (just me and a 3 ton piece of machinery whizzing down the road @ 75 MPH). And who reallly cares if I like to go out and mow through a case of beer! :)

Hoosier Bob
03-23-2007, 11:26 PM
Nice to meet you fellow RAGERS!:D

Hoosier Bob
03-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Wow Monte that would be the last three Girls Gone Wild videos combined!8p Have you searched it yet??????????? Dayumit-German, Scot, Irish, And Crow indian.... Here..

Monte
03-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Nice to meet you fellow RAGERS!:D

Don't be actin like you don't be knowin me beoch...............:smile:

Hoosier Bob
03-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Re-meet?8p

Monte
03-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Re-meet?8p
HB wheres the frickin movie of your boat running... I want to hear it........:cool: :)

Hoosier Bob
03-23-2007, 11:38 PM
No manifold! I had to cancel one order and have ordered another from Summit today. I think I have all I need with exception of the throttle cable plate (raise the cable). Doug has hooked me up here. I have the carb and lines ready. Spacer, gaskets and manifold will be in wednesday. I would love to hear it run! We will see!

Monte
03-23-2007, 11:41 PM
So yours is gonna be done about the same time as mine.. check that thread out pg 5 I think........

03-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Does running over your neighbors lawn ornaments with your lawnmover when they leave them in your yard count as road rage?:confused:

JimN
03-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Only if they're still holding onto them.

TMCNo1
03-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Only if they're still holding onto them.

Reminds me of this sign,

Hoosier Bob
03-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Got one of those for Wakeboats?8p

03-25-2007, 09:09 PM
what for wakeboards?

TMCNo1
03-25-2007, 09:36 PM
what for wakeboards?

Wakeboats??????????I thimkeded!

Hoosier Bob
10-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Road rage or WAKE RAGE! Get the **** off my water!;)

Hoosier Bob
09-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Just so you know I have the "Snap Gene!" I have been here awhile and just do not get the issues that come about. The best people I know I have met here. Not looking for an endorsment just saying freaks stay out. Give us a break. Enjoy having the government control your ethics but let others find their own way. Also enjoy investing 15% into a manditory plan that will net you 3% or less! Go Libs and extreme and enjoy your bureaucracy! Keep it going according to plan!:D

atlfootr
09-24-2010, 09:47 AM
'Road Rage' Blamed in Death of Lake Wales Man, 20
http://www.theledger.com/article/20100905/NEWS/9065018