PDA

View Full Version : Bush V/S Kerry...final debate

Cody
10-13-2004, 11:38 PM
Do you think President Bush felt the pressure when he realized he and Kerry had worn the same thing to the final debate? Talk about pressure.

Don't worry, George, I am still on your side.

stevo137
10-14-2004, 12:02 AM
It's Over!!! Bush Wins!!!
Kerry showed His true colors tonight!
Especially when he said that he married up!!!
I'm Still Laughing!!! :D :D :uglyhamme

MasterCrafting
10-14-2004, 12:41 AM
I think that the red ties really brought out the candidates eyes!.....I mean cough cough that they looked very professional :love:

Cody
10-14-2004, 01:11 AM
So far CNN has George tearing Kerry up.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/ (http://)

Did you guys catch the part about abstinence?

George Bush said that Kerry's wife is a supporter of it and that he thanks her for supporting. What do you think he meant by that?

BriEOD
10-14-2004, 09:01 AM
Dubya, Dubya, Dubya... :banana:

rem_p
10-14-2004, 09:39 AM
on Leno last nite they had 2 guys dressed up in suits, one wearing a Kerry mask, the other a Bush mask....then they brought in a german shepard guard dog and let it loose to see what presidential canidate it would attack......when the trainer let it go the dog had Kerry on the ground in like 2 sec....funny stuff :uglyhamme

east tx skier
10-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Wasn't there a baseball game on last night.

New poll out today.
49% of Americans for Bush
49% of Americans for Kerry
49% of Americans stupid.

Cody, I checked that CNN link and it was broken. I'm not usually one to go to CNN, but here's the only info I found there.

"A CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll released shortly after the debate indicated that more who watched it gave Kerry the edge. Among the poll's 511 respondents, 53 percent said Kerry did better, and 39 percent said Bush did. The poll's margin of error was plus or minus 5 percentage points.

The respondents were 36 percent Republicans, 36 percent Democrats and 28 percent independents [.]"

Cody
10-14-2004, 06:02 PM
When I first went to the site 73% of the people said George did better. That was out of a little over one million. Now it is closer to 45%. Either way it didn't change many minds.

aprgriggs
10-14-2004, 06:06 PM
Wasn't there a baseball game on last night.

New poll out today.
49% of Americans for Bush
49% of Americans for Kerry
49% of Americans stupid.

Cody, I checked that CNN link and it was broken. I'm not usually one to go to CNN, but here's the only info I found there.

"A CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll released shortly after the debate indicated that more who watched it gave Kerry the edge. Among the poll's 511 respondents, 53 percent said Kerry did better, and 39 percent said Bush did. The poll's margin of error was plus or minus 5 percentage points.

The respondents were 36 percent Republicans, 36 percent Democrats and 28 percent independents [.]"

You would think that Kerry would do better... debate is his specialty

I think Bush did will considering

east tx skier
10-14-2004, 06:47 PM
That was basically what was said on the Daily Show after the first debate.

"What do you mean. Bush clearly won. Kerry is a debate master. Bush was still standing at the end." :D

jhaugh
10-15-2004, 08:29 AM
Both of them are not my first choice but Kerry is the better of the two evils. What good has come from Bush's four years in office? Time to give someone else a chance. So far it looks like no one on this site agrees but thought I'd through out my opinion.

TalleyHo
10-15-2004, 10:11 AM
I'd agree -- like George Carlin says - when it comes to choices, the more the choice matters, the less options there are. For instance, we can choose 31 flavors of ice cream, but we only really get 2 choices of president.

That said, there is an interesting article (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/10/15/BUG9K99OQ11.DTL) that describes W's plan to cut the nation's record budget deficit in half by the end of one more term in office.

Is this guy living in the same world with the rest of us? I think he has done some good in his term, but I don't think this country can continue on this same path for another 4 years. My vote doesn't count (I'm in Texas), so I hope the other swing states make a difference this year. We need the same thing to happen to the candidates that happened to Jim Carey in Liar Liar -- now THAT would be worth watching...

OhioProstar
10-15-2004, 10:15 AM
Any article coming out of San Francisco can't be considered unbiased.

jhaugh
10-15-2004, 10:22 AM
yea that would be a debate worth watching

east tx skier
10-15-2004, 11:34 AM
jhaugh, I'll agree with you that neither of them is much of a prize. When Bush was governor, I remember him being more of a moderate. With that memory, I can hardly recognize the guy these days.

All that being said, I've long made it a habit of never talking about to whom my vote goes, and I'm not starting now.

Leec
10-15-2004, 06:37 PM
jhaugh, I'll agree with you that neither of them is much of a prize. When Bush was governor, I remember him being more of a moderate. With that memory, I can hardly recognize the guy these days.

All that being said, I've long made it a habit of never talking about to whom my vote goes, and I'm not starting now.:rant:
Shhhhhhhhhhhh Doug I can hear you!!:friday:
:smile:

bsimpson
10-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Your dead right OhioProstar. I live near the San Francisco Bay Area and it's about as liberal as you can get. You could show someone from Berkley photos of genocide and they would say it is fabricated by our government.

I have a few friends that served in Vietnam with Kerry. One of them was a POW for three years when Kerry gave his little speach to congress. As far as I know there were 208 POWs at the time he was calling them war criminals. The stories I have heard what occured in the prison partially due to Kerry's comments are horrendous.

I won't name my friend (privacy) but I will say he is one of the most successful commercial real estate brokers in the Silicon Valley since he came home. He is an intelligent, honest, hard-working man and deserves everything that he has earned since serving our country. His warning to me is that you can not believe a single thing that Kerry says. He said that Kerry is as dishonest as they get and will say anything to benefit himself. I am ashamed that the Democrats could not find a better candidate and went for style over substance this election.

By the way, one of my other friends is a retired Army general and he is nice enough to send me de-classified G2 reports from Iraq the day they are released. Most of it is over my head in technical terms but the general consensis is there are far more great things happening than what is being reported in the media. News sells and what we are seeing is typical during a time of war.

We should all be supporting our troops while they are there. Our support is the most effective way to get them out safely. Politics and news tends to put their priorities second which is a shame. I recommend everyone read "We were Soldiers Once... and young" by Joe Galloway. They made a movie out of it but it does not due the story justice. This book is excellent at describing how war has changed since the introduction of mainstream media.

Cody
10-15-2004, 11:03 PM
I got out of the service a little over two years ago. I still keep in touch with many of those that I served with as well as some of the Vets in this area. I know of none of them who support Kerry. If what we have done was so bad why do our servicemen and veterans have such support for our President?

Obviously, we have seen some of the greater goods that have come form him.

jimmer2880
10-18-2004, 07:39 AM
I guess I'm now in a swing state (Maryland), although - traditionally, it has always leaned towards the left. Personally - I thing all our electoral votes will go to Kerry.

I'm making my vote count - go BUSH!

NeilM
10-18-2004, 12:46 PM
.:popcorn:. :popcorn:. :popcorn:. :popcorn:. .

bsimpson
10-19-2004, 04:23 PM
I personally want to thank you Cody for serving our country. I am glad you pointed out your personal views of the good we have done. It too often gets overlooked and is unappreciated. Our media seems to concentrate only on the negative.

I, for one, appreciate what you and many of our other servicemen have done for our country.

OhioProstar
10-19-2004, 04:46 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with that BSimpson. Our military kicks a$$.

Ohio should be a fun state to watch....we have more voters in Columbus than were part of the last census. Crack is being handed out for registrations and Mary Poppins is now a registered Democrat.

This election is absolutely out of control and the sleaze and slime is just beginning. Wait for the army of lawyers under the guise of ACLI and AFL-CIO operatives.

Stritt
10-19-2004, 05:24 PM
The news is already on the "early" voting "problems" down here in Fl. Lookout OH and PA, I have a feeling you all are going to get a little dose of Democrat backlash ......Funny thing here in FL is the county having the "issues" again, is none other than Broward Cty. As SuperTramp sang "Here we go again".

Stritt
10-19-2004, 05:30 PM
Sidenote.....Did anyone see the Democrat add that was sent out in Missouri that showed the African American being hosed down? Caption read. Something along the lines of ......This is how they use to stop you from voting. (not verbatim).

Nasty.....Nasty.....tricks. That is classless.

Stritt
10-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Correction to last post. Ad was from ACT and not the Democrat party.....(directly).

Here is a link to the postcard. Reader beware.

http://www.gop.com/media/ACTflyer.pdf

Is this type of speech whether printed or spoke necessary or responsible?

east tx skier
10-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Well, I voted early yesterday. And nobody offered me any rock to do it. ;)

Good old punch cards. I'm reminded of my sentiment from 4 years ago ... these things are causing so many people so much trouble why?

I'll sure be glad when this election is over (probably some time in 2006 the way things are going). I'm just ready for these stupid TV spots to end for a while. I can't imagine that this sways anyone's vote.

/if anyone needs me, I'll be in my bunker.

sizzler
10-20-2004, 08:24 AM
thought this might cheer some of you up this morning....
www.plus613.com/image/4147

east tx skier
10-20-2004, 11:16 AM
LOL! 8p Not her again. This is the longest 15 minutes in history.

/Paris Hilton wants a recount