PDA

View Full Version : Engine Stumbles while cranking

LakePirate
06-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Put a couple hours on the 'rents Maristar this weekend and had an odd occurrence take place. Boat would crank right up and run fine. Then on occasion, about 4 of them to be precise, it wouldn't catch. It was turning over but wouldn't fire a second time for the engine to catch. It would do this for 3 turns of the key and finally it would roll over, very grumpily I might add. Anybody got any thoughts on this?

I was thinking that it could possibly be a fuel pump issue, or maybe something electrical to the electronic fuel pump. But, as usual, I am grasping at straws here.

Thanks

LakePirate
06-05-2006, 09:11 PM
bump.......

JimN
06-05-2006, 09:22 PM
What year is it (the boat, I know it's 1955) and which motor is in it? What about service history, major repairs, last tuneup, etc?

LakePirate
06-05-2006, 10:33 PM
2002 and it has the MCX I think. It only has 112 hours. No Major repairs. The 1st couple of oil changes and winterizations were done at a dealer. I have done everything since fall of 04. The only issue we have had with it was I knocked the oil pressure sending unit loose when changing the sparkplugs last spring.