PDA

View Full Version : Custom Upholstery

sfitzgerald351
10-13-2004, 11:02 PM
My upholstery is starting to wear out in my 1984 so at some point I'll have to replace it. There's a great local shop here that will probably be easier to deal with than trying to get MC skins for a boat this old. Since I'd be going custom I'm interested in seeing any cool interiors that people have had made up. I'd love to do something a bit more jazzy than the simple all grey I have now. So post your pictures if you would! ;)

captkidd
10-14-2004, 09:56 AM
There is/was a guy on here who did his motorbox with purple flames that looked pretty good. He posted pictures on the other thread, but I can't remember if there are any on this thread.

ski_king
10-14-2004, 10:08 AM
When I had my interior on my 82 redone a couple of years ago, I went with all the same color. It looks good, but simple. I could have had a second color added for a minimal charge (around $100) but didn't.

The only thing I would do different if I was to do it over is replace the standard coaming pads with new ones that extended to the floor to add some storage and room for speakers, etc.

east tx skier
10-14-2004, 11:41 AM
JR did the flaming motorbox. I think he had it done in Dallas. The name of that company is on here somewhere.

sfitzgerald351
10-14-2004, 03:41 PM
I looked for the pictures of the flames again, but didn't find them. I'm not in a hurry so I'm sure they will show up. I like the idea of extending the side panels down for storage. I'll probably do that on the passenger side for storing things, but think that I might leave the driver side alone so I have more room for skis over there since I don't think I'd be able to make a pocket big enough to put skis in... The lack of storage (and the spray sometimes) is really the big drawbacks to the older boats. I think the wake is actually nicer than many of the more recent boats.

east tx skier
10-14-2004, 04:46 PM
See, I'm thinking of having my side panels cut to more closely resemble more recent models so I can actually get a ski in there. As it is right now, it's either the floor locker, where things tend to get awfully wet (I don't like putting a ski down there uncovered because they tend to slide around), although I did put a rubber mat in there to curtail this, or the floor.

aprgriggs
10-14-2004, 05:48 PM
There is/was a guy on here who did his motorbox with purple flames that looked pretty good. He posted pictures on the other thread, but I can't remember if there are any on this thread.

I picture rotates in on the main page...but i can't remember the name...sorry

Lake_Tippy_Skier
10-15-2004, 09:57 AM
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/showgallery.php?mcats=all&si=&what=allfields&name=JR&when=&whenterm=

sfitzgerald351
10-15-2004, 12:11 PM
Awesome! Thanks!