PDA

View Full Version : Neutral start safety switch

Hunterb
06-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Hi everyone,

Well ski season is under way up here and now that the water temp is over 60 degrees you don't need a wetsuit any more. Yeah ! I hate skiing in those things. Anyway, I'm having issues with my neutral start switch. It works fine 90% of the time and then, for no apparent reason, will just not work. Sometimes moving the throttle back and forth through neutral a couple of times will fix it. Other times if I wiggle the wires on the switch itself it fixes it. This happened yesterday when I happened to be the one in the water with my ski on and while the water isn't freezing, it's not exactly warm. So I had to give the boat crew directions on how to get it going from the water. Do those switches fail over time and become unreliable or is the problem more likely with the mechanism that actuates the switch?

I can get the switch from SKIDIM but it will cost a bit to get it shipped to Canada and I'd like to know if it's the switch for sure before I order one. Anyone got a diagnostic tip?

Thanks if you do.

Bruce

rodltg2
06-05-2006, 03:01 PM
ive heard they fail alot. by pass it..

G-man
06-05-2006, 03:42 PM
rod

I think you mean the kill cord switch gets by passed a lot. The neutral safety switch on the transmission shouldn't be by passed IMHO

rodltg2
06-05-2006, 03:47 PM
rod

I think you mean the kill cord switch gets by passed a lot. The neutral safety switch on the transmission shouldn't be by passed IMHO

yeah thats what i meant..