PDA

View Full Version : Connelly Concept vs F3 Concept

richardsoncd
06-05-2006, 02:36 PM
What is the diffrence between these two skis? Overton's describes them the exact same, but the F3 w/ a factory blemish is $100 cheaper. Any suggestions?

rodltg2
06-05-2006, 02:50 PM
isnt the f3 a shaped ski?

CoFooter
06-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Concept and F3 used to be the same thing. My wife has an F3 Concept. Great ski. Sometime the blemish are also last years model so look closely. It's been a few years so Conelly may have changed their naming criteria.

wakesport
06-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Same ski. My wife and I each have one. Hers is newer and just says F3 mine says F3 Concept. One step down from an F1. A good ski to start doing the course. You can adjust the wing when you are ready to use it but you only have front and back adjustment on the fin.

rodltg2
06-08-2006, 02:50 PM
i jst got back fomr the mc dealer and they had connelly concepts cheap. the red one for 249, another for 149..

88 PS190
06-08-2006, 03:20 PM
I have a concept F3 its not a shaped ski they ski very well in my opinion, but i dislike connelly's issues w/ binding mounting holes changing on their older skis.

Fin can be moved slightly by shimming, electrical tape works well, then you tighten the slider down again.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/pb_hawkeye/DSC00362.jpg

with wileys mounted.

richardsoncd
06-08-2006, 03:21 PM
i jst got back fomr the mc dealer and they had connelly concepts cheap. the red one for 249, another for 149..

those are sweet prices, do you have your dealers contact info?

rodltg2
06-08-2006, 03:25 PM
its cope and mcphertres , rocklin ca. i now read your signature and see what size . they have a 68 , but cant remember if which year.. if they wont sell and ship it. i can buy it for you and ship it..

richardsoncd
06-08-2006, 03:31 PM
its cope and mcphertres , rocklin ca. i now read your signature and see what size . they have a 68 , but cant remember if which year.. if they wont sell and ship it. i can buy it for you and ship it..

I'll take you up on that

richardsoncd
06-12-2006, 11:35 AM
bump.....still in the market for a used ski :), similar to a concept / F3. I don't really know much about other brands, but need a ski that will ride well through a course, but isn't to advanced such as a F1

rodltg2
06-12-2006, 12:05 PM
did you call cope and mcphetres?

richardsoncd
06-12-2006, 01:19 PM
I'll probably call them end of this week, first of next. I was hoping to get a used one if possible...trying to save money to send my S&S to TN to get the glitter strip reapplied.

BuoyChaser
06-12-2006, 01:35 PM
i dislike connelly's issues w/ binding mounting holes changing on their older skis.
connelly, obrien and ho are all owned by the same guy...as of today all these skis are being manufactured by connelly, because they've been producing the best quality...rumour has it they only have one engineer at each company doing the designs, talk about a rough job...

so the reason they changed the binding mounting holes is so that all the bindings can be interchanged...better for the consumer in the long run...all you have to do is change the plate on the bottom to get the old to mount to new and vice-versa...pretty easy to do, call up the factory first...if they can't help you contact Wiley's out in Seattle, they have plates that mount to each for like $25...

richardsoncd
06-12-2006, 01:57 PM
So what is the O'Brien, HO, KD, etc. equivelant to the Concept....which I would imagine to be advanced to competition? For those just getting on the course.

Brent
06-12-2006, 06:42 PM
KD 7000- HO system 8- O'brien seige are equal to the Concept.
If you could find a HO CDX (discontinued) unused somewhere I'd recommend grabbing it!

rodltg2
06-12-2006, 06:52 PM
you can probaly get a new connely for the price of a used system 8

88 PS190
06-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Don't think the system 8 could be called the equal of the concept. The system 8 is the softer lay up of the monza hull, the F1X would be a similar Idea... but not quite as the F1X and the concept have a different hull shape.

And the Obrien Line up is different now too, the Obrien Sixam II i believe is the 34 mph ski, and would be more the place in the line up that the system 8 enjoys, being a different flex on the top ski the company produces.

I had heard about them all being bought but hadn't heard that they were being produced by the same factory, or that the reason the binding holes changed was to ensure compatibilty with the bindings between brands. But it would make sense. Either way the new binding pattern is just inconvenient, but is easily fixed with some sheet metal screws, and some silicone to put in the holes w/ the screws to prevent water entry into the core.

Davo
07-10-2006, 02:27 PM

Here is the website...pretty cool intro... http://www.copeandmcphetres.com/

The "pro shop" link directs you to www.boardersparadise.com though and I didn't see any F3's....???

Davo
07-10-2006, 04:51 PM
By the way, I rode the F3 yesterday and loved it!

I saw the F1X on-line and that looked like a pretty nice ski as well....slightly more forgiving than the F1 is what they advertise.

Anyone care to comment on the F1X?

richardsoncd
07-10-2006, 04:56 PM
.........edit, due to the fact that I am stupid

nolans86
07-10-2006, 05:46 PM
I am a beginner level performance (course) skier, and newer to TMCowners after a 95 PS190 purchase. I have been freesking for over 8 years with a Connelly big daddy (to my much more advanced ski buddies amusement - they call it a surfboard), and this is my first season going through a course after a rough course baptism last year when my ski must have flow 30ft in front of me and I instantly recall telling myself that this is my kind of sport.) I just purchased a 06' Connelly Concept from Wiley's last week - I did some serious comparison shopping, and decided on the Concept. I skied it for the first time this weekend ( I got some welcomed advice that a Monza or F1 would have been too advanced a ski for me at this point.) This is my first performance ski, so I'm no good for comparitive feedback, but I wanted a ski that will be able to take me from 15off at 28mph, to 32off at 34mph (where some of my Monza, Goode sking buddies are at now). This ski will do that. Considering I am a weekend ski in the Midwest, this should last me a few years... if not more.

It's reputation as a forgiving high-end ski I would say is pretty accurate. I had to take the wing off (it was too responsive right off the bat) This ski is fast and could hold me on edge with no concern as I was doing edge drills at full lean running parallel to boat the length of lake. I myself got a 68", and I'm at 195lbs, 6'

Purchase price on Wiley's was $405 with dual Wiley bindings and 2 day shipping.

The rear wiley binding I have found right off the bat to be a real pain to move back 1 screw hole. Engineered poorly... but, good boats and price.

Davo
07-11-2006, 08:35 AM
That sounds like a pretty good deal, nolans86.

Welcome to the message boards and congrats on the boat purchase.

richardsoncd
07-11-2006, 10:29 AM
scott88prostar just hooked me up with a early 90's concept, any of you know if the new bindings will fit? I seem to remember that the plates changed to make them universal at some point.

Thanks.......

BuoyChaser
05-01-2007, 10:21 PM
i'm selling my wife's 65" Connelly Concept if anyone is interested...check it out:
http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&postid=SIA04186
SIA04186 2003 Connelly Concept F3 65in BLANK $250