PDA

View Full Version : Females.......A hypothetical Question

Mag_Red
10-13-2004, 06:44 PM
So when a woman tells you "I don't want you to put your life on hold"......do they really mean that??? :confused: Or is this one of those things where if you do move on and start dating someone else......They say " Well you must not have cared about me that much!" :rolleyes:

Ric
10-13-2004, 06:46 PM
I hope this doesn't mean MORE trouble with you and boat mate ?

My translation to that statement "you are toast either way you move pal"

Mag_Red
10-13-2004, 06:47 PM
I hope this doesn't mean MORE trouble with you and boat mate ?

My translation to that statement "you are toast either way you move pal"That's sort of what I figured. :rant:

Ric
10-13-2004, 06:49 PM
mag does she think you love all your cars and boats more than her? (hypothetically, of course)

Mag_Red
10-13-2004, 06:53 PM
Nah...this woman (hypothetical) says she needs some time to sort some things out in her life.......and it wouldn't be fair for me to wait around.

Farmer Ted
10-13-2004, 07:01 PM
Tell your friend,

to paraphrase Lakes Rick...

...move em in, move em out

Mag_Red
10-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Yeah I guess move on means move on. At least she was honest about it. :) I think I'll try a little Italian next ;) Not that I have any one in mind :rolleyes:

Ric
10-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Nah...this woman (hypothetical) says she needs some time to sort some things out in her life.......and it wouldn't be fair for me to wait around.
hypothetically mag, those long distance relationships dont hold up forever

If a gal hypothetically told me that, I'd know she has something brewing... hypothetically of course.

Leec
10-13-2004, 07:07 PM
The voice of experience says "soft let down" KERPLUNK!!:uglyhamme
:smile:

Ric
10-13-2004, 07:09 PM
hmmmmmmmm just as you put the boat up for winter. hmmmmmmmm

Mag_Red
hypothetically mag, those long distance relationships dont hold up forever

I don't think it was the distance.....besides the Italian gal lives up there too :eek:

jimmer2880
I have to agree... sounds like the hypothetical girl hooked up over the weekend.

sorry.... but - hey... there is that italian next door - right?

Mag_Red
10-13-2004, 07:12 PM
hmmmmmmmm just as you put the boat up for winter. hmmmmmmmm :uglyhamme Now we all know this girl could get a ride on any boat she wanted. Don't even go there 8p Let's just call Ms hypothetical "MRBM" for simplicity.........MRBM knows lots of people with boats nicer than mine

Ric
10-13-2004, 07:18 PM
:uglyhamme Now we all know this girl could get a ride on any boat she wanted. Don't even go there 8p Let's just call Ms hypothetical "MRBM" for simplicity.........MRBM knows lots of people with boats nicer than mine
Do I detect some stroking of her ego here mag? You know she's reading this, after all.

Mag_Red
10-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Do I detect some stroking of her ego here mag? You know she's reading this, after all.Not at all.......I was just asking if "move on with your life " is just some secret test that us males don't know about. :D

MarkP
10-13-2004, 07:40 PM
Mag

IMO, THIS IS NOT A TEST..:wavey:

Mag_Red
10-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Mag

IMO, THIS IS NOT A TEST..:wavey:Yeah I guess not. Just when I was starting to fall for her. :love: Life sure is funny sometimes. I don't think I could find anyone I felt more comfortable around than MRBM. Well.....lets hope things go well with the Italain gal.
This time I'll know not to post any un-authorized phots :uglyhamme

lakes Rick
10-13-2004, 09:32 PM
I know all of you have been waiting for "Rick the Sage" to come on here....

I was married for 17 years, divorced when I was 40 ( I am 49 now) and I sure can't figure em out.... the good part is I don't try to.. That really makes em mad...

A couple of my observations...

1. At the supermarket, look around at the women over 40... probably one in 10,000 look good anymore...( sorry ladies, its in a mans genetics to be "visual creatures).... ALOT more men in better shape at that age.. Our competition goes up as we get older... Personally I think the good looking women have it figured that "this time" it is gonna be for money and NOT love..... LOTS of guys at this age checking em out.. I catch the pigs checking out Patty.. I hope I am sneakier then the guys I catch looking...

2. Mag, the boating mate is definetely a fine looking women.. As you have suggested above, she can have her pick of men out there.. I think it goes to their head at that age when they have so many guys checking them out.. Heck, if the ladies were peeking aroung corners checking me out I am pretty sure I would be acting the same...

3. I, like alot of men, begged my wife to come back to me when we were divorcing... I am so glad she had the strength to move on as we were not meant for each other and at least my life is much better. I made a vow to myself that I would never beg if someone left again, I would make sure the screen door hit em on the ***.. I am not saying I am bitter, I just will never waste any of MY life on a women who doesn't want to be with me. I have much better things to do.....
You cannot make someone want you or love you who doesn't want to.. That only happens in movies where you can sway someone or "buy them flowers" to win their affections....
Remember what I say: " Men do the the stupidest things for a pretty girl.."

4. Emotions make us do stupid things.. Common sense needs to rule as we get older....

4. Mag it is too bad you don't live closer as we could have a beer ( or two)....

lakes Rick
10-13-2004, 09:34 PM
Yeah I guess not. Just when I was starting to fall for her. :love: Life sure is funny sometimes. I don't think I could find anyone I felt more comfortable around than MRBM. Well.....lets hope things go well with the Italain gal.
This time I'll know not to post any un-authorized phots :uglyhamme

Mag Red, if it was the posts that sent her away , bid her GOOD RIDDANCE.. It would only get worse.... Been there done that...

Mag_Red
10-13-2004, 10:54 PM
Rick....you make a lot of sense. :toast: ( I was going to type some more here :rant: but I can't think straight while Kerry talking in the background )

Bottom line.....Mag has many fond memories from this past Summer, but he is moving on!

JimN
10-14-2004, 01:46 AM
Since you were so comfortable with her, maybe you could bust her chops a little when you talk to her next (if there is a next time and she can take some kidding). She may have wanted to throw you off-balance a bit and see your reaction, too. Women do like to test men, you know.

jimmer2880
10-14-2004, 07:03 AM
Mag Red, if it was the posts that sent her away , bid her GOOD RIDDANCE.. It would only get worse.... Been there done that...
Soo.... ho many times have you posted un-authorized pic's Rick? :woohoo:

tex
10-14-2004, 10:11 AM
So when a woman tells you "I don't want you to put your life on hold"......do they really mean that??? :confused: Or is this one of those things where if you do move on and start dating someone else......They say " Well you must not have cared about me that much!" :rolleyes:

As Belushi said in Animal House, "My advice to you is to drink heavely!"

Nothing like being single with boat! I had a solid summer and a half before meeting my wife-What a glorious time that was!

captkidd
10-14-2004, 10:20 AM
We can all post our opinions on women here, and we can pretend we know what they want, but when it comes right down to it we don't know diddly. They say "yes" when they mean "no", and "no" when they mean "yes", and get mad because we didn't know which was which. They frustrate us and they irritate us, and we still can't live without them (and certainly wouldn't want to). I didn't get married until I was almost 36, so I had dated a lot of different women over the years, and the one thing I was sure of was that I could never be sure of anything. Fortunately I found the right one and haven't looked back since.

Mag, we all have opinions and you can take them for what they're worth. I would try to be as sincere with her as possible, and tell her that if it was up to you, you would choose to be with her (MRBM), but since that may not necessarily be what she wants that you will try to find someone who feels that way about you too. Why would she hold it against you if all you want is to be happy? Just don't burn any bridges; they're a lot harder to repair than they are to build.

Good luck, I certainly wouldn't want to be on the dating scene again. Still, it seems as if you have a good attitude about it.

Now I'd like to hear from some of the strangely-absent female posters (Mrs. Ixthus, April Griggs, others?).

Mag_Red
10-14-2004, 10:52 AM
We can all post our opinions on women here, and we can pretend we know what they want, but when it comes right down to it we don't know diddly. They say "yes" when they mean "no", and "no" when they mean "yes", and get mad because we didn't know which was which. They frustrate us and they irritate us, and we still can't live without them (and certainly wouldn't want to). I didn't get married until I was almost 36, so I had dated a lot of different women over the years, and the one thing I was sure of was that I could never be sure of anything. Fortunately I found the right one and haven't looked back since.

Mag, we all have opinions and you can take them for what they're worth. I would try to be as sincere with her as possible, and tell her that if it was up to you, you would choose to be with her (MRBM), but since that may not necessarily be what she wants that you will try to find someone who feels that way about you too. Why would she hold it against you if all you want is to be happy? Just don't burn any bridges; they're a lot harder to repair than they are to build.

Good luck, I certainly wouldn't want to be on the dating scene again. Still, it seems as if you have a good attitude about it.

Now I'd like to hear from some of the strangely-absent female posters (Mrs. Ixthus, April Griggs, others?). I would also like to hear from some of the women and get their :twocents: Right now, I feel like a part of me is missing. I try to not think about her, but I'll be doing something, or see something, and it will remind me of her. Looking back, I would say I had only truely been in love once.....at least now I can say it's been twice. It's difficult to move on when you still have incredibly strong feelings for another..........but I'm trying.

captkidd, I don't think I've burned any bridges with her.......I'm giving her the space she needs, but it hasn't been easy. And I'm sure she knows I would like nothing more than to see her again. Like I said, a while back.......she's a keeper! :headbang:

If not, at least I have all Winter to find another co-pilot. I want to thank everyone for their input.

OhioProstar
10-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Mag Reg, My best friend who has been through two wives said that if he ever lets another one move in they can only bring into the house what they can carry in one arm....because woman can carry a lot in two arms. Makes moving them out easier.

lakes Rick
10-14-2004, 11:33 AM
Being single at 40 I dated alot for about 5 years.. I found women liked the aloof men, while they "say" they just want a nice guy.. BS.... I had more luck when one showed up at my front door, when another was coming over, opened the window next to the door, and told her to leave right now and do not come over without calling...

Mag, when you chase em you only push em further away.. Concentrate on yourself and focus on doing some projects you have put aside... If she wants to come back, she will on her own.....

I like the comments above about being sincere, but I have the feeling she knows how you feel about her already.....

lakes Rick
10-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Soo.... ho many times have you posted un-authorized pic's Rick? :woohoo:

Jimmer your getting specific on me..

What I was saying is we men seem to cater to women and they really like it.. I truly think it turns into a power thing... If MRBM was so upset about this to want to slow things down, I can't imagine what could happen about something more serious...

east tx skier
10-14-2004, 11:38 AM
If you're ever down in Texas, first couple of beer's are on me. Like others have sadi, it's not a test. Time heals wounds. I know it sucks right now, but after a while, you'll forget that it sucked or why you let yourself get brought down by it all.

OhioProstar
10-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Mag Red....I am going to Argosy with a couple buddies on Sat Night if you want to meet us for some fun.

bcampbe7
10-14-2004, 12:04 PM
Not sure if you listen to country music or are a religious man, but Garth Brooks had a song out a few years ago by the name of "Unanswered Prayers." Great song that really hits home in this situation. Take Rick's advice and keep busy. Take a road-trip down south in the Vette. If you come through Middle Tennessee let me know. :toast:
Time will heal...

Ric
10-14-2004, 12:11 PM
As Belushi said in Animal House, "My advice to you is to drink heavely!"

Nothing like being single with boat! I had a solid summer and a half before meeting my wife-What a glorious time that was!
Mag, "did we quit when the germans bombed pearl harbor? Hell no!"
-
Get back out there pal.

Mag_Red
10-14-2004, 12:30 PM
Mag Red....I am going to Argosy with a couple buddies on Sat Night if you want to meet us for some fun.Hmmmmm........ I have a wedding to go to and my daughter home coming dance is that night. I'm sure I could hook up with you guys later that evening. I'll e-mail or PM you my cell number and work something out. :toast:

jimmer2880
10-14-2004, 01:48 PM
Jimmer your getting specific on me..

What I was saying is we men seem to cater to women and they really like it.. I truly think it turns into a power thing... If MRBM was so upset about this to want to slow things down, I can't imagine what could happen about something more serious...
I was just busting your chops bud... no harm meant. This page has stayed way too serious for too long. :uglyhamme

lakes Rick
10-14-2004, 02:12 PM
I was just busting your chops bud... no harm meant. This page has stayed way too serious for too long. :uglyhamme

None taken, just wanted to clarify... Just in case....

I think we have one luv sick puppy on our hands....

Mag_Red
10-14-2004, 02:42 PM
None taken, just wanted to clarify... Just in case....

I think we have one luv sick puppy on our hands.... :rolleyes: I don't think so 8p ......... I was just getting used to straightening up the inside of the boat while the exterior was being taken care of :D

NeilM
10-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Hypothetically, it doesn't get any better. I've been happily married for 27 yrs and am no closer to understanding what they say (vs what they mean) than I was then..

Don't wait around..

ixthus
10-14-2004, 04:53 PM
So when a woman tells you "I don't want you to put your life on hold"......
In female speak :rolleyes: this is just a kinder, gentler way of saying: "I found somebody else, see ya!"

Or is this one of those things where if you do move on and start dating someone else......They say " Well you must not have cared about me that much!" :rolleyes:
If this is a test it would mean she's high maintenance and immature. I think we're beyond the age of foolish mind games.

Either way...you know what to do.
Buona fortuna!

JimN
10-14-2004, 05:06 PM
Is it time for a group hug?

aprgriggs
10-14-2004, 05:22 PM
I would also like to hear from some of the women and get their :twocents: Right now, I feel like a part of me is missing. I try to not think about her, but I'll be doing something, or see something, and it will remind me of her. Looking back, I would say I had only truely been in love once.....at least now I can say it's been twice. It's difficult to move on when you still have incredibly strong feelings for another..........but I'm trying.

captkidd, I don't think I've burned any bridges with her.......I'm giving her the space she needs, but it hasn't been easy. And I'm sure she knows I would like nothing more than to see her again. Like I said, a while back.......she's a keeper! :headbang:

If not, at least I have all Winter to find another co-pilot. I want to thank everyone for their input.

wow, sounds like you like her.

now from a girls point of view....
She was being nice...but she probably would be mad if you started dating again soon....however she really meant what she said about not waiting. I know girls are strange...we are very emotional even when we break it off. So either way she will be mad at first, but will get over it.

I think you can give dating some time for your sake, but remember she probably will not come back. Sorry....Good Luck

:friday: may help :)

Mag_Red
10-14-2004, 05:26 PM
I think you can give dating some time for your sake, but remember she probably will not come back. Sorry....Good Luck

:friday: may help :) Too late to follow that advise.....I have a dinner date tonight with a nice Italian gal. :banana: :D

aprgriggs
10-14-2004, 05:41 PM
Too late to follow that advise.....I have a dinner date tonight with a nice Italian gal. :banana: :D

sorry...
if you are ready, then you are ready....just don't post any pictures :)

Mag_Red
10-14-2004, 05:45 PM
sorry...
if you are ready, then you are ready....just don't post any pictures :)She was never mad about that......that whole thing was done in fun.

aprgriggs
10-14-2004, 05:46 PM
She was never mad about that......that whole thing was done in fun.

good....just a reminder...have fun ;)

Mag_Red
10-14-2004, 05:49 PM
good....just a reminder...have fun ;)
oh....I intend to :D

tex
10-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Is it time for a group hug?

i feel like i am watching oprah or the view! can we go back to talking about boats, cars, drinking, and chicks(no offense ladies)?-tex-

NeilM
10-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Here's the male point of view..

east tx skier
10-14-2004, 06:41 PM
Get back out there buddy! That's the spirit. Don't wait around and don't worry if she gets mad. Take great delight in it.

"Don't say spite. Don't say spite. A: 'Spite.' D'Oh!"

MrsJMT
10-14-2004, 07:35 PM
From another female's point of view, I have to agree with Ixthus; sorry that you're hurting now, but it'll get better. And, as I'm married to an Italian :love: it don't get much better than that!! :D

Mag_Red
10-14-2004, 07:40 PM
From another female's point of view, I have to agree with Ixthus; sorry that you're hurting now, but it'll get better. And, as I'm married to an Italian :love: it don't get much better than that!! :D :purplaugh That's what I kept telling Boating Mate......I'm 1/2 Sicilian. The gal I'm meeting tonight is also Italian.........should be interesting to say the least :D

MrsJMT
10-14-2004, 07:43 PM
Keep us posted (but the pg version, please....) :D

stevo137
10-14-2004, 08:02 PM
Don't forget to ask her if she can drive a boat and trailer and if she would mind wiping the boat down! :D

lakes Rick
10-14-2004, 08:09 PM
Personally I think a couple of pics would be just fine......

Went to a Wedding last weekend.. A younger cousin ( 37) got married.. All of my parents, aunts and uncles were OLD.. Then I looked at the cousins my age.. Whew, pretty old lookin too...

The motto here is "get it while you can"........

Hoosier Bob
10-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Like the rides at Kings Island only hopefully no lines! After awhile the park closes. Old saying is there are plenty more parks! Go for the Italian!

Hoosier Bob
10-14-2004, 11:14 PM
The meaner you are the harder it is to get rid of them! Try being nice and they're out like a light! If you want to keep her send her %^% to the store for some beer and cigarettes and make her pay! If you want her gone make her dinner, give her a massage and spoon all night!
As you can tell I have no idea what I am talking about. Follow your heart young man.Being single at 40 I dated alot for about 5 years.. I found women liked the aloof men, while they "say" they just want a nice guy.. BS.... I had more luck when one showed up at my front door, when another was coming over, opened the window next to the door, and told her to leave right now and do not come over without calling...

Mag, when you chase em you only push em further away.. Concentrate on yourself and focus on doing some projects you have put aside... If she wants to come back, she will on her own.....

I like the comments above about being sincere, but I have the feeling she knows how you feel about her already.....

BriEOD
10-15-2004, 08:09 AM
I know all of you have been waiting for "Rick the Sage" to come on here....

I was married for 17 years, divorced when I was 40 ( I am 49 now) and I sure can't figure em out.... the good part is I don't try to.. That really makes em mad...

A couple of my observations...

1. At the supermarket, look around at the women over 40... probably one in 10,000 look good anymore...( sorry ladies, its in a mans genetics to be "visual creatures).... ALOT more men in better shape at that age.. Our competition goes up as we get older... Personally I think the good looking women have it figured that "this time" it is gonna be for money and NOT love..... LOTS of guys at this age checking em out.. I catch the pigs checking out Patty.. I hope I am sneakier then the guys I catch looking...

2. Mag, the boating mate is definetely a fine looking women.. As you have suggested above, she can have her pick of men out there.. I think it goes to their head at that age when they have so many guys checking them out.. Heck, if the ladies were peeking aroung corners checking me out I am pretty sure I would be acting the same...

3. I, like alot of men, begged my wife to come back to me when we were divorcing... I am so glad she had the strength to move on as we were not meant for each other and at least my life is much better. I made a vow to myself that I would never beg if someone left again, I would make sure the screen door hit em on the ***.. I am not saying I am bitter, I just will never waste any of MY life on a women who doesn't want to be with me. I have much better things to do.....
You cannot make someone want you or love you who doesn't want to.. That only happens in movies where you can sway someone or "buy them flowers" to win their affections....
Remember what I say: " Men do the the stupidest things for a pretty girl.."

4. Emotions make us do stupid things.. Common sense needs to rule as we get older....

4. Mag it is too bad you don't live closer as we could have a beer ( or two)....

Thanks for sharing Ricky! :toast:

BriEOD
10-15-2004, 08:10 AM
Mag,

From sheer statistics the odds are in your favor. After about 30 yrs of age single women begin to rapidly out number single men.

NeilM
10-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Mag,

From sheer statistics the odds are in your favor. After about 30 yrs of age single women begin to rapidly out number single men.
That's interesting.. Any idea why?

lakes Rick
10-15-2004, 10:40 AM
That's interesting.. Any idea why?

Cause their just "not happy".. And its us mens fault....

lakes Rick
10-15-2004, 10:43 AM
Dr. Laura had an article concerning what men and women want from the oppposite sex.. The stats were taken from 38 different countries, Africa, japan, America etc..

Men want youth and looks....

Women wanted status and money....

As men AGE they aquire what women want, and as women age they LOSE what men want.. I thought this was pretty interesting and it did make sense out of this insane world....

Footin
10-15-2004, 10:55 AM
"Men marry women hopeing they won't change,
Women marry men hopeing to change them"

"Marry money......love wil come later" :eek3:

captkidd
10-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Mag, glad to hear that you're doing better. Good luck on your date (just take it slow).

Neil, Good one! I've heard most of those before, but it still makes me laugh because it's so true.

JimN
10-15-2004, 11:12 AM
So why is it that in just about every poll I have seen, the women said a sense of humor is the main thing they look for?

JimN
10-15-2004, 11:13 AM
DOH! They must want a guy who'll laugh when the woman says money doesn't matter.

sizzler
10-15-2004, 11:14 AM
you would be sly,nasty,manipulative,cunning,revengeful if you had your d##k cut off at birth........no wonder they hate us!!!!

east tx skier
10-15-2004, 11:16 AM
I don't know if I could put it any better than Bob did. It's such a balancing act. When I finally figured out how to make them dig me, I had one that dug me and couldn't take my theory out for any further testing. But here it is. You want a woman to like you, pretend you don't really like her all that much. But balance this with a series of nice gestures over time. Oh, and when it comes to makin' out, put it on side two of Led Zeppelin IV. :purplaugh

JimN
10-15-2004, 11:27 AM
Doug- you mean "play hard-to-get", right? Absolutely! People always want what they can't have (or don't think they can have). Part of human nature.

I saw an article by some guy saying that he has all of the answers to "getting women". Part of his theory has to do with not making the woman think you really want her till you're actually in the relationship and not being a wussy, meaning to not always seek women's approval. Once a woman finds a guy attractive (in ways other than looks and posessions), she stays interested till he acts like he needs her to approve of every thing he does. Then, it's like turning off a light switch.

sizzler
10-15-2004, 11:34 AM
i'll give you my :twocents: because there is no icon for 2 pence....... all of my mates who act like complete ba#####s to their girlfriends get away with murder and the girls keep coming back for more.I, on the other hand,am too nice and get nagged mercilessly by her who must be obeyed......i think i will have to change my plan of attack.......or turn gay...then at least the house will be clean and tidy,and we can go drinking when we like!!!!!!!!! :friday:

east tx skier
10-15-2004, 11:46 AM
Jim, I meant to act somewhat indifferent about the relationship. But do nice things for her (just don't overdo it). Go out, have a good time, and don't worry about what she's thinking or if she likes you (not you, but the generarl, royal you). Don't call too much, but don't ignore her. If you're out at a party and you both know plenty of people, go hang out without her for a while.

The only time to have the relationship talk is the point when it's painfully obvious to everyone you know that you're already in a serious relationship together and have been that way for a long while. Guys, all too often, overplay their hands in this manner and others. I did it plenty. By the time I figured it out, it was too late to try it again. Not that I'm complaining. Wouldn't change a thing.

Mag_Red
10-15-2004, 01:09 PM
:eek: Wow ! This sure has truned into quite a discussion. Let me give you my input. Given the recent turn of events in my life, :purplaugh , you can take it for what it's worth.

All people are different. Some love the game playing, some are brutally honest, some are givers, some are takers. Some people wear their emotions on their sleeves, and some people bury their feeling so deep inside of them you can't get at them with a back hoe.

I think the most important thing in any relationship is be true to yourself. Don't ever change yourself to simply please someone. If they don't like you for who you are, it isn't worth it. Find someone that will appreciate you for your unique qualities. If you don't want to play games....then don't. But on the other hand......don't hate the player.....hate the game.

As for the date last night................ :rolleyes: ..........it may have been too soon. :uglyhamme

94PS190
10-15-2004, 01:21 PM
Treat the good ones bad and the bad ones good! It workes surprisingly well.

east tx skier
10-15-2004, 02:28 PM
:eek: Wow ! This sure has truned into quite a discussion. Let me give you my input. Given the recent turn of events in my life, :purplaugh , you can take it for what it's worth.

All people are different. Some love the game playing, some are brutally honest, some are givers, some are takers. Some people wear their emotions on their sleeves, and some people bury their feeling so deep inside of them you can't get at them with a back hoe.

I think the most important thing in any relationship is be true to yourself. Don't ever change yourself to simply please someone. If they don't like you for who you are, it isn't worth it. Find someone that will appreciate you for your unique qualities. If you don't want to play games....then don't. But on the other hand......don't hate the player.....hate the game.

As for the date last night................ :rolleyes: ..........it may have been too soon. :uglyhamme

I was on my way here to edit, but you took the words right out of my mouth. To quote Seinfeld, "No games? How can you tell who's winning otherwise?" What I didn't make clear above is that when you're not worrying about what she things or if she likes you, be yourself. If that's not what she's looking for, you cannot and should not change that.

NeilM
10-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Collectively, we're a great bunch! Not only do we help each other out with problems related to boating, we can take on Cars, Stereos, Hunting, Politics, and even Women and relationships... Gosh we're good! Maybe we should get ourselves syndicated into the local newspapers! :uglyhamme

NeilM
10-15-2004, 08:31 PM
oh yeah... winterizing the yard is done... time for another drink.. :friday: Here's to all of you who are still boating :toast: ...

The mountains are covered in snow today.. We just might have an early start to the snow skiing season..

... sorry for the thread hijack...

Mag_Red
10-15-2004, 09:08 PM
oh yeah... winterizing the yard is done... time for another drink.. :friday: Here's to all of you who are still boating :toast: ...

The mountains are covered in snow today.. We just might have an early start to the snow skiing season..

... sorry for the thread hijack...
:uglyhamme You don't know how happy I was when this dropped off the Home Page. 8p

Hoosier Bob
10-15-2004, 09:59 PM
Sorry Mag but it is back and it is bigger and badder than ever. This is one thing we all know nothing about but can all give advice on. By the way I would bet my girlfriend of 8.5 years is Italian! Pi&* and vinegar! Love every minute.

JimN
10-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Newspaper syndication, nahhh. Move over, Dr. Phil! We should have a daytime TV show. Let's call it 'Ask Us Anything'.

Mag_Red
10-15-2004, 10:25 PM
:rant: You guys keep this up and I'll have to ask a mod to lock this thread down. :D

Hoosier Bob
10-15-2004, 10:28 PM
When a woman begins a conversation with, "I don't want you to put your life on hold" I usually respond with silence and then I ask her to wait until after the game, and then after I sleep, work, eat, sex or what ever else I can think of. They usually just leave after that. I can then say "what did I do?" I'm no peach! My current is obviously pretty tolerant. I'm old and I'm old school. My bark is worse than my bite!
Sorry to Keep this up but I love this thread!

Mag_Red
10-15-2004, 10:31 PM
When a woman begins a conversation with, "I don't want you to put your life on hold" I usually respond with silence and then I ask her to wait until after the game, and then after I sleep, work, eat, sex or what ever else I can think of. They usually just leave after that. I can then say "what did I do?" I'm no peach! My current is obviously pretty tolerant. I'm old and I'm old school. My bark is worse than my bite!
Sorry to Keep this up but I love this thread!Bob...you're killing me here. :purplaugh

Hoosier Bob
10-15-2004, 10:38 PM
We all have to die a little to live alot! I have had my share! Nothing like wasting 10 years! I laugh now. Thanks though. Most would never have started this post. You have b&%%* young man. I just cry in my beer!
It has been fun even if at someone else's expense!
Bob

Mag_Red
10-15-2004, 10:42 PM
We all have to die a little to live alot! I have had my share! Nothing like wasting 10 years! I laugh now. Thanks though. Most would never have started this post. You have b&%%* young man. I just cry in my beer!
It has been fun even if at someone else's expense!
Bobyeah next thing MRBM will pop in here and call me Pathetic like she did Lakes Rick in the other thread. :purplaugh I'll snap out of this, it just may take some time.

Hoosier Bob
10-15-2004, 10:50 PM
I wish I had this site ten years ago! I have never looked back at a relationship and said "I wish I was with her now!" It is a progression.
Sure we have the one that got away but let's face it, it ain't her. I'll have the Italian BMT, but I am not stoppin there! The way I look at this is it is BS! Lets talk drinkin! 5 Guinny's down and 5 to go!
Can you tell? :uglyhamme
PS. She may read this and hire a hit! I am not endorsing any of the advise on this site and it is not the opinion of TMCOWNERS!
PSS. Where is Stevo when you need him? Now he can give some solid!

lakes Rick
10-15-2004, 11:32 PM
yeah next thing MRBM will pop in here and call me Pathetic like she did Lakes Rick in the other thread. :purplaugh I'll snap out of this, it just may take some time.

Doesnt bother me at all... Starts with a C ends with a T....

Hoosier Bob
10-15-2004, 11:37 PM
What the heck does "cost" have to do with anything! You get what you pay for!Doesnt bother me at all... Starts with a C ends with a T....

Hoosier Bob
10-16-2004, 12:49 AM
Sorry Mag but I owe it to everyone on this site to keep this one alive! As they say; "Posts never die they just fade away!"
There is nothing like the smell of battle in the morning!
Bob

stevo137
10-16-2004, 03:05 PM
I would love to have a drink with you guys! :D
The right one is out there, it's just a matter of finding her.
Somehow I found my soul mate. Going on 19 years! We're very happy and I'm still crazy about her! :love:

6balls
10-16-2004, 11:13 PM
Here's my take, as a 30 year old single dude, on the 25 to 30 year old female population in the greater Milwaukee area.

So back when I was in my early twenties I couldn't get the Hotties to give me the time of day. Instead they went after the primped and waxed boys, with no job, no money and no plan or goal- They always had one hell of a car though. He treats her like crap - she takes it, he knocks her up. They get married, have another kid, and she finally gets fed up and leaves him.

Now here we are 5 or 6 years down the road and this is where I come in: I am good-looking guy (not a pretty boy, but a man with chest hair, not waxed) who makes good money, has a secure job, has a plan, unlimited potential and a MasterCraft. Now she comes to me looking for security and love and compassion. I say, "No Thanks”, I don't want someone else’s kids to raise and all of your emotional baggage.

Many of them are on the verge of complete and total financial ruin, and looking for someone to pay the bills. Forgive me for being cynical, it just seems too many of the women I meet lately seem normal and well adjusted at first, but turn out to be total losers. Its getting harder and harder to find a fun, athletic woman who has her Shizzle together as far as career and finances.

This is why I like Chicago girls! :banana:

stevo137
10-16-2004, 11:45 PM
6Balls, you got it right! There are some really great women out there though. It's just tough to find real people that are honest and sincere.
I'm near Chicago, Milwaukee's not that far. Perhaps we could do some skiing next season. ;)

Mag_Red
10-17-2004, 12:13 AM
6Balls, you got it right! There are some really great women out there though. It's just tough to find real people that are honest and sincere.

You forgot to mention "not full of emotional baggage and not afraid to let go of the past." ;)

lakes Rick
10-17-2004, 11:50 AM
You want baggage?? Try being in your 40's and dating...

To add to 6 balls take, I found alot of women who had never been married or had kids.. GREAT I thought, but what I found there were selfish, uncaring or unsharing women.. After a while ( being single at 40) when I came across a never married/no children woman, the red flags came up and I ran away, ran away fast...... There were reasons these women had never been married........

In all fairness all of us have baggage from the past or previous relationships/ or marriage...

I found that you need to "swim in the ocean" for at least 2 years to get your head back on straight.. I think alot of people rush back into a relationship, some before their divorce is even final. These "rebound relationships" I think, are the reasons for so many multiple divorces..

Then there was the blind date with the lady who had been divorced 7 times.........

jimmer2880
10-18-2004, 08:12 AM
Better yet, Find one who was married for 4-5 years who wants kids. She was dumb enough to get married to the wrong person (like me), but realized once the ring was on that the relationship wasn't stable enough to support kids (again - like me & my current wife). Then finally cut her losses & got out. My current wife & I are much better off being in that situation at one point in our lives. We both recognize un-selfishness more clearly & are more apt to "forgive & forget" when it comes to arguments (alright - she usually does the forgiving & I do the forgetting :uglyhamme)

It's all good.

jimmer2880
10-18-2004, 08:12 AM
also...

that which does not kill us, makes us stronger
(by someone smart & important - I can't remember who)

Leroy
10-18-2004, 10:26 AM
I know where you guys are at and growing up poor, I can attest to the money factor. I found you just had to do what YOU want to do. When I got out of college I took up windsurfing, triathlons, tennis, snow skiied avg 25 days a year and biked a lot. (wish I would have bought a MC then or had an MC friend :) ) I did what I wanted to do and luckily found someone while swimming laps at the Natatorium with similar interests. Seventeen years and 3 kids later, everything isn't perfect and it's always a challenge to keep a partner happy and stay happy, or at least survive when things are tough. And there is a lot less sports and more driving to kids sports............boating and snow skiing are our family favorite outings now. Both like pouring money into a tree shredder!

jimmer2880
10-18-2004, 02:30 PM
I know where you guys are at and growing up poor, I can attest to the money factor. I found you just had to do what YOU want to do. When I got out of college I took up windsurfing, triathlons, tennis, snow skiied avg 25 days a year and biked a lot. (wish I would have bought a MC then or had an MC friend :) ) I did what I wanted to do and luckily found someone while swimming laps at the Natatorium with similar interests. Seventeen years and 3 kids later, everything isn't perfect and it's always a challenge to keep a partner happy and stay happy, or at least survive when things are tough. And there is a lot less sports and more driving to kids sports............boating and snow skiing are our family favorite outings now. Both like pouring money into a tree shredder!
Here Here! :toast:

6balls
10-18-2004, 03:56 PM

For me it wasn't about not having money - I was blessed to grow up in a wealthy family with a strong German work ethic - WORK COMES FIRST - was the mantra of my youth. My problem has always been and still is that I work "too much" for many women and when I do have free time I have certain passions, like waterskiing, that take priority.

Ever hear this one: "You finally get a day off and you're going to spend it on the lake again!?" - My Response: Ahh, Yeah and this is a problem? :rolleyes:

NeilM
10-18-2004, 06:56 PM
Ever hear this one: "You finally get a day off and you're going to spend it on the lake again!?"
.. nope... maybe that's why I've been married for over 27 yrs.. In fact, she'll often be the one to say "let's go - now".

"poor" is somewhat relative, I think.. There are some who might think I grew up poor because I had hand-me-downs to wear and we had a crank telephone / party line on the farm, and electricity whenever we could afford to run the generator, but I never went hungry, there was always coal in the stove (although you could see ice in the washbasin on a cold winter morning), and there was always a boat in the barn.. I wouldn't trade that childhood for anything (although it would be nice to have an inheritance now...)

Even although I'm not "looking", I gotta agree with Rick.. I've met a few of the never-married fortysomething females and it doesn't take long to figure out why there are no males moving in...

stevo137
10-18-2004, 07:19 PM
For me it wasn't about not having money - I was blessed to grow up in a wealthy family with a strong German work ethic - WORK COMES FIRST - was the mantra of my youth. My problem has always been and still is that I work "too much" for many women and when I do have free time I have certain passions, like waterskiing, that take priority.

Ever hear this one: "You finally get a day off and you're going to spend it on the lake again!?" - My Response: Ahh, Yeah and this is a problem? :rolleyes:

6Balls, I agree, work hard, play hard. It is crucial to find someone that shares the same interests and doesn't complain when you have made your mind up to do something. ;)

Hoosier Bob
10-18-2004, 07:32 PM
This ain't Oprah! C'mon lets get back to poken fun at Mag!
Just kidding! Any good let me down easy stories out there? I told a girlfriend I had to build a truck and it would take months! Hard to explain at the next party though. I did build the truck! :)
Sounds like Mag does just fine. :rant:
I am glad this thread stays alive. It may even surpass the swimsuit pics thread but never the drinkin thread.

stevo137
10-18-2004, 08:32 PM
Here I go editing again.

rem_p
10-18-2004, 08:53 PM
its good to hear some of your guys stories about women....i am 21 and still havent found a girl to get along with yet. ive had several relationships, some more serious than others but what usually happens is they get mad at me because....i work 6 days a week, id rather go hunting/fishing with friends or i have something more important to do than sit around watching some gay *** movies or tv shows with them...my favorite is the ones that like to pick fights and want to argue and try to make me feel "guilty" because i went to work to make some $$$$....havent given up tho, i know that one day ill find one who has the same intrest :toast:

east tx skier
10-19-2004, 11:41 AM
Rem P, no need to get tied down at 21. You, more than anyone, should heed Rick's "move 'em in, move 'em out" advice. You've got the rest of your life to be with Mrs. Right. Until then, Miss Right Now should suit you.

That being said, I don't know what I'd do without my boat driver (in case she's reading this) ;)

lakes Rick
10-19-2004, 08:02 PM
its good to hear some of your guys stories about women....i am 21 and still havent found a girl to get along with yet. ive had several relationships, some more serious than others but what usually happens is they get mad at me because....i work 6 days a week, id rather go hunting/fishing with friends or i have something more important to do than sit around watching some gay *** movies or tv shows with them ..my favorite are the ones that like to pick fights and want to argue and try to make me feel "guilty" because i went to work to make some $$$$....

And you want to change this?? *** for!!!! Pick fights and make you feel guilty?? Ya think they learn this at a young age??

Get used to this, its ALWAYS your fault... Think I am wrong?? Try marrying one and watch the judge give her all your money, home, 401K, pension, cars and pay tribute for the next 12 years when "she just isn't happy anymore"...... Were all "mean men" and "BAD SANTA'S

Watch CHEATERS sometime..... They catch em on tape boinking the weirdo and they STILL say 'its your fault"......

My advice to all young guys.. NEVER GET MARRIED and use a condom......

BriEOD
10-19-2004, 09:22 PM
we need a new column..."Ask Dr. Rick"

lakes Rick
10-20-2004, 01:10 AM
we need a new column..."Ask Dr. Rick"

Yeah Dr Phil's sidekick.....

rem_p
10-20-2004, 09:28 PM
And you want to change this?? *** for!!!! Pick fights and make you feel guilty?? Ya think they learn this at a young age??

Get used to this, its ALWAYS your fault... Think I am wrong?? Try marrying one and watch the judge give her all your money, home, 401K, pension, cars and pay tribute for the next 12 years when "she just isn't happy anymore"...... Were all "mean men" and "BAD SANTA'S

Watch CHEATERS sometime..... They catch em on tape boinking the weirdo and they STILL say 'its your fault"......

My advice to all young guys.. NEVER GET MARRIED and use a condom......

yea thats good advice....i aint plannin on tie'n the knot no time soon

stevo137
10-20-2004, 09:40 PM
What's amazing to me is that even after all of that a beautiful, sexy woman can still make us blush like a young man and render us virtually powerless!
Many great men have fallen prey to this type of woman.

Hoosier Bob
10-20-2004, 10:07 PM
REPEATEDLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like licking a 9 volt battery! Why do we do it! Is it the "coup de gras" to the Triple Dawg Dare?What's amazing to me is that even after all of that a beautiful, sexy woman can still make us blush like a young man and render us virtually powerless!
Many great men have fallen prey to this type of woman.

Mag_Red
10-20-2004, 10:25 PM
REPEATEDLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like licking a 9 volt battery! Why do we do it! Is it the "coup de gras" to the Triple Dawg Dare? Ahhhhh another fan of " A Christmas Story" You'll put your eye out! :rant:

Hoosier Bob
10-20-2004, 10:41 PM
Oh Yeah, I want a Red Rider 200 shot range model air rifle "the Holy Grail" of Christmas gifts. Just in case you were asking. By the way as a kid I was told not to "borrow" my brothers BB-Gun. I disregarded this and other warnings. It did not take me long and a ricochet blew my brand new and permanent tooth right out of my mouth. You'll shoot your tooth out kid!TE=Mag_Red]Ahhhhh another fan of " A Christmas Story" You'll put your eye out! :rant:[/QUOTE]

6balls
10-21-2004, 01:05 AM
Okay, I have been "granted" a second date by a seemingly together 24 year old beautiful, sexy woman, that makes me blush like the young man(30) that I am. :banana:

I'm just waiting to find out that she has 4 cats and six parakeets or is about to have her car repo-ed. I'll make sure to use a condom though - thanks for the reminder :D