PDA

View Full Version : Shower working 1/2 way

dapicatti
06-04-2006, 10:46 PM
We took our 14 year old nephew and his buddy out this weekend...they agreed that I am now their favorite uncle with the 06 X-2. Got them in the water to wakesurf, water was below 60 so it was a quick ride. we thought- lets pull out the shower and warm them up! Great idea, but the cold water somehow isn't working and only the hot......so we could basically scald them or really warm up the wetsuits and have them put them back on. We chose the heater and blanket option instead.

Anyone else ever experience this? Our dealer is over 1 hour away, so we called and they said it was working when they installed it for us.
Just wondering if it was something we could have done? Any thoughts would be great! :confused: :confused:

the legend
06-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Your "cold water" is only as cold as your lake water.If you close the hot water valve and open your cold valve do you get any water through the shower nozzle?

dapicatti
06-04-2006, 11:30 PM
We didn't try that.....seems logical! We will have to wait until next weekend. We are having an amp and depth finder installed next at our dealer who has been great, just a matter of getting down there. I think we will take it out a few more times before we get down there so we will try that next.

PendO
06-04-2006, 11:39 PM
We didn't try that.....seems logical! We will have to wait until next weekend. We are having an amp and depth finder installed next at our dealer who has been great, just a matter of getting down there. I think we will take it out a few more times before we get down there so we will try that next.

I'd have them put in the depth finder, but I'd let the stereo shop do the amp (if we share the same dealer)

skitilldark
06-04-2006, 11:42 PM

Or, yours could be like mine and either the cold or the hot(doesn't seem to matter) side gets clogged with lake debris. The filter design of this is the worst I've ever seen in my life. The engineers of it should condsider another career. The cold and hot feeds combine at the valve and supposedly get filtered once you've set the mixture. The problem with this is that the input hoses at the valve also have wire mesh at the 90 degree elbows they put in(who would put a 90 degree elbow in something that would have debris flowing through it?). So the filter never really gets to do its job because the system gets clogged right at the valve(before the filter). To clear it, just unscrew the whole Valve assembly and pull the hoses to look at that wire mesh(It will be inside the valve assembly right where the input hoses screw on). 9 times out of 10, that is where the clog is. After three frustrating summers I re-did the whole thing running both lines through in-line larger filters before the water gets to the valve. I haven't had a problem since.

PendO
06-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Our dealer is over 1 hour away, so we called and they said it was working when they installed it for us.
Just wondering if it was something we could have done? Any thoughts would be great! :confused: :confused:

How would they know it was working unless they tested it at your normal engine operating temperature?

dapicatti
06-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Your "cold water" is only as cold as your lake water.If you close the hot water valve and open your cold valve do you get any water through the shower nozzle?

According to the wife, the cold water doesn't work at all. Could be the screen is clogged, but we just put the boat in storage...can't check.
Any other ideas?

dapicatti
06-05-2006, 01:08 AM
I'd have them put in the depth finder, but I'd let the stereo shop do the amp (if we share the same dealer)
Different dealer....great service..incredibly responsive and their guy who does audio installs is a complete audio freak. We had them install tower speakers, and they are perfect.

Sorry about your bad luck with your dealer....I would be really pissed too!