PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass

akalenny
06-03-2006, 02:49 AM
I have a 98 Prostar 190 with the LT1 vette engine. The right speedo was removed and a perfect pass was installed I believe by a Mastercraft Dealer locally, I'm not sure as I am the 3rd owner. My question is this, does the perfect pass determine the speed of the boat because it is hooked up to the water tubing from the old speedo or is it hooked to the rpm cable or both. Just curious. I printed up the manual on the perfect pass but cannont find any info on this. I do not have the paddle wheel mounted on my particular boat.

Thanks

bigmac
06-03-2006, 07:17 AM
I have a 98 Prostar 190 with the LT1 vette engine. The right speedo was removed and a perfect pass was installed I believe by a Mastercraft Dealer locally, I'm not sure as I am the 3rd owner. My question is this, does the perfect pass determine the speed of the boat because it is hooked up to the water tubing from the old speedo or is it hooked to the rpm cable or both. Just curious. I printed up the manual on the perfect pass but cannont find any info on this. I do not have the paddle wheel mounted on my particular boat.

Thanks

If there's no paddlewheel then your Perfect Pass is using RPM only - there's no way it could be using the pitot. Perfect Pass doesn't use the paddlewheel for holding speed at speeds greater than 25 mph (wakeboard mode), so the only reason to put a paddlewheel in would be for wakeboarding (for example) and to have a very accurate electronic speedometer.

rmc1
06-03-2006, 07:30 AM
perfect pass runs in rpms on slalom and jump and wakeboard if you have an older model which I asssume you do since the paddle wheel only came out in then the last few years the pick up tube is probbly hooked up to the perfect pass for tricks. You might want to go to perfectpass.com they might have more info in your model that is the way it works on my 92

akalenny
06-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks rmc1 and bigmac, I appreciate your responses. I will contact perfect pass to find out the exact details. Thanks.

G-man
06-03-2006, 11:46 AM
There is a way Perfect Pass can be hooked up to a pitot tube. The first couple years trick mode was hooked to the pitot tube with a pressure sensor controling speed. Mine was this way from 97-2000, then I upgraded and got a paddle wheel.