PDA

View Full Version : What food do you take to the lake?

kycat2007
06-02-2006, 08:58 PM
I know some have lake camps or house boats so this may not be a question for you. What do you guys take out on the water? Cocktails are usually on most boats. Just curious? :guitar:

jimmer2880
06-02-2006, 09:36 PM
When we take food, grapes and peanuts are usually in the cooler. Do daquari's count as food?

tex
06-02-2006, 09:51 PM
I like to have tuna in the boat whenever possible.

AZHAWK
06-02-2006, 09:59 PM
I prefer snapper for lunch and hot cherry bendovers for dessert. :D

86Craft
06-02-2006, 10:01 PM
I never have any alcohol in the boat, but it is in the truck!
We do a lot of what we call "lunch and load". We get to the water at 7 or 8ish, tear it up for a couple of hours, swim and goof off for a couple of more, then eat at the sand bar. Food is KFC or Subway, and snack type finger foods. Good Times!

Hoosier Bob
06-02-2006, 10:09 PM
I am with Tex and AZHawk! I fill the boat with beer and any space that is left is for tuna and tacos! I ain't running a buffet here! If you can't drink it, sleep with it or ski it, it should not be on your boat(except for family time)! I call the marina with my order and a little guy rides his golfcart out to the courtesy docks with my food. I tip well and enjoy not having the crap on the boat!
Just a thought.

86Craft
06-02-2006, 10:15 PM
I am with Tex and AZHawk! I fill the boat with beer and any space that is left is for tuna and tacos! I ain't running a buffet here! If you can't drink it, sleep with it or ski it, it should not be on your boat(except for family time)! I call the marina with my order and a little guy rides his golfcart out to the courtesy docks with my food. I tip well and enjoy not having the crap on the boat!
Just a thought.

Tattoo comes out in a golf cart with chow? That would be sweet! No coolers on the boat, your living the dream man!

PendO
06-02-2006, 10:33 PM
I know some have lake camps or house boats so this may not be a question for you. What do you guys take out on the water? Cocktails are usually on most boats. Just curious? :guitar:

chips, beer, milk bottles, juice bottles - and diet coke

AZHAWK
06-02-2006, 10:46 PM
oh yah, I forgot that my wife likes beef jerky... I usually finish a cold one while... you know. It's amazing.....the beer, that is. :purplaugh

TMCNo1
06-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Fried chicken and homegrown tomato sandwiches!

Stewed corn, okra and tomato sandwiches in light bread, sosin ya havt'in eat fast lessin' it falls thru the crust, 4 moon pies, 2 ROC Colas and a can of after flippin', dippin' and sniffin' snuf!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-03-2006, 12:06 AM
OK, heres my food list for da boat. mostly energy food.

V8 juice
Orange juice
pitted dates
raisins
granola bars
banana
slim fast
Plenty of bottled water

my friends usually bring beer and what ever junk food they want....mostly just beer though.

Britt
06-03-2006, 12:35 AM
Blender for iced mixes..Fully loaded condiment bar which is located in the trunk. 3 different types of beer on tap (bud, bud light and coors). Bilge works well for a beer vat. Also a snow cone maker under the observers seat. I know its not much but soon I plan on stocking tuna cans onboard. :cool:

88 PS190
06-03-2006, 01:08 AM
wow, i really don't drink on the boat either... that's what shore is for, and particularly a deck.

Maybe if i had a houseboat, or pontoon boat, but the ski boat is for rippin it up.

Larryp
06-03-2006, 01:36 AM
Beer, BBQ(brisket), ribs, slim jims, diet dp, peanuts and coke. As long as the driver ain't drinkin' what's wrong with beer.

AZHAWK
06-03-2006, 03:59 AM
Beer, BBQ(brisket), ribs, slim jims, diet dp, peanuts and coke. As long as the driver ain't drinkin' what's wrong with beer.
Amen Brother...we draw straws to see who gets to be the DD (designated drunk). :friday:

Seriously, we only let our 3 1/2 year old drink apple juice when she drives the boat! :D

I'm kidding. Booze and Boats Don't Mix...very well, anyway, without a shaker or a blender!

Really though, the driver never drinks on our boat. I mean it! Honest!!!

dapicatti
06-03-2006, 07:33 AM
We have a tradition of setting up on the sandbar for the day, and skiing/boarding on the boat- no food actually eaten on the boat. My dad has been making hot dogs and beans on his small hibachi on the beach for years (since I was a kid) ...and now the kids get pissed if he doesn't do it. It will be different this year with the MC- don't think the hibachi will make the trip. On his boat, ok- the MC- no thanks. :cool:

RobertT
06-04-2006, 01:16 PM
No food on the MC....that's what the pontoon boat is for. My neighbors (who bought a Malibu) are on the boat all the time until raccoons got a whiff of it and proceeded to destroy the boat every night.

When we do eat on the boat (pontoon remember), my favorite is kabobs. I take one of those huge bags of chicken breast from sams, open it, dump in a bottle of Italian dressing along with a cup or two of olive oil and about a cup or so of lemon. I let it sit in the fridge for a day or two marinating. Take it out, cut it up into bite size pieces, put it on the sticks.

I like to make a TON of them at once, the entire bag. I like to throw them on the grill at the house and cook them about half way, just get them started, then put them into those vacuum sucker bags and shrink wrap them. About ten per bag.

We keep them in the freezer, and when we want to go out and eat in the boat we just grab a few bags and throw them in the cooler. Since they are already half cooked, they only take a few minutes on the grill and you don't need plates or condiments. Only the wood sticks are left over.

Anyway, good for you and super easy and fast.

blackbeauty02
06-04-2006, 03:07 PM
about three 24 packs

zberger
06-04-2006, 04:24 PM
about three 24 packs

True story :D :D :D

Mi.mc
06-04-2006, 08:05 PM
anything that at one point in time could breathe

really i dont bring food on the boat

Scot
06-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Boil up a pack or two or three of hot dogs. Stick the dogs on the buns, put the buns/ dogs back into the bag the buns came in. Stick that bag in a spare soft pack cooler or something similar to keep them warm. After a couple hours on the lake, pass em out with a brew. Extremely clean to eat and a good gut fill. Great for all ages....(except the brews of course).

Crash
06-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Hi Guys/Gals,

It's been a while, but I'm back.

When out on the boat, the kids need snacks so we can stay out later, but we're having trouble finding snacks that transport well and don't crumble in the boat. (I typically make them eat on the platform.)

We've found beef jerky, licorice, and peanuts.... any other ideas?

Thanks.

beatle78
06-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Since we live on a lake NO FOOD on the MC. Go mess up the pontoon boat with mustard and ketchup.

If you spill a drink, please be courteous and lick it up so my seats don't get sticky.

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2007, 03:11 PM
OK, heres my food list for da boat. mostly energy food.

V8 juice
Orange juice
pitted dates
raisins
granola bars
banana
slim fast
Plenty of bottled water

my friends usually bring beer and what ever junk food they want....mostly just beer though.

I know after my first triple by-pass the menu will resemble this, but untill then.............

YUCK!!!! 8p 8p

wilbucd
06-27-2007, 03:16 PM
We always have peanut butter crackers and chips on board along with sandwiches in the cooler. The kids constantly get crumbs all over the floor and then I get "the look" from my wife for yelling at the kids. So for Fathers Day this year they got me a rechargeable handheld vac. It works great and everyone is happy.

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2007, 03:32 PM
cheetos, cheese nips, cheese doodles, flaming hot cheetos, nacho cheese doritos, goldfish(cheddar), chex mix (cheese flavored) and cheese straws. :D :rolleyes:

Jkelly
06-27-2007, 03:36 PM
No food on the boat, but we get to the lake about 8ish so we can get the (first come first serve) pavilion. We bring sandwiches,chips, cokes, and plenty of water. Oh yea, the wife has to have oreo's or she gets very cranky.

Crash
06-27-2007, 03:37 PM
WAY to many crums, what doesn't leave a mess?

By the way, make sure your health insurance is paid up. :)

Sodar
06-27-2007, 03:39 PM
cheetos, cheese nips, cheese doodles, flaming hot cheetos, nacho cheese doritos, goldfish(cheddar), chex mix (cheese flavored) and cheese straws. :D :rolleyes:

Come on!!! How did you forget the CHEEZ-ITs!!!

http://shsd.k12.ar.us/SHHS/CREATORS/creators06/jenniferhackworthpersonal/pics/favorites/cheezits.jpg

trickskier
06-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Liquid Refreshments.....................

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Come on!!! How did you forget the CHEEZ-ITs!!!

http://shsd.k12.ar.us/SHHS/CREATORS/creators06/jenniferhackworthpersonal/pics/favorites/cheezits.jpg

I believe cheese nips are similar to the cheez-it Sir. :mad:

M-Funf
06-27-2007, 04:19 PM
all things cheesy...I like it. :D

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2007, 04:46 PM

We both like tuna on the boat, are these the ones you were talking about. :confused:

Sodar
06-27-2007, 04:49 PM
I believe cheese nips are similar to the cheez-it Sir. :mad:

"You shut your mouth when you are talking to me!!"

tex
06-27-2007, 04:50 PM
We both like tuna on the boat, are these the ones you were talking about. :confused:

Wow, I didn't know it came pre-packaged like that. Can you post a pic on the swimsuit thread?

chevy08bud
06-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Does anyone wrap up soft tacos in foil and put them on their manifolds? There was a guy at camp that does this every year and after a day of ripping it up, they are hot and really good. Considering trying it myself this year since I finally got a boat.

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Does anyone wrap up soft tacos in foil and put them on their manifolds? There was a guy at camp that does this every year and after a day of ripping it up, they are hot and really good. Considering trying it myself this year since I finally got a boat.

#1 :popcorn: :popcorn:

chudson
06-27-2007, 05:56 PM
How about cookin meatloaf on the engine: :eek3: :eek3: http://www.seetheusabyjeep.com/assets/Pages/cooking_meatloaf.html

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2007, 06:04 PM
How about cookin meatloaf on the engine: :eek3: :eek3: http://www.seetheusabyjeep.com/assets/Pages/cooking_meatloaf.html

Thanks for the link chudson, can't get sh!t like this on the BU site. :D :D

tex
06-27-2007, 06:07 PM
When I first got out of college. I trimmed trees for my buddy's company. He would let me work and interview whenever I needed. He had some guys from way down south who would do this. Best lunch ever.

chudson
06-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the link chudson, can't get sh!t like this on the BU site. :D :D

Was gonna post a picture of it but it looked like elephant poop!!!

MIMC
06-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Our Food List:
Fruit
Pringles or Pretzel Rods
Subs
Nutter Butters, mmmmmmmm :)

Our Drink List:
Water
Beer (cans only - no glass on the boat other than windshield and mirror)
Juice Boxes (no purple, red, blue, etc - clear only)
Coke & Diet Coke

TMCNo1
06-27-2007, 07:14 PM
#1 :popcorn: :popcorn:

We warm leftover hamburgers and hotdog on the intake, only takes about 45 minutes!:D
Street Rodders have a cookbook with all the recipes for some fantastic meals on the road. Meals that are prepackaged cooked or partially cooked are their favorite.

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2007, 07:33 PM
We warm leftover hamburgers and hotdog on the intake, only takes about 45 minutes!:D
Street Rodders have a cookbook with all the recipes for some fantastic meals on the road. Meals that are prepackaged cooked or partially cooked are their favorite.

What if you took off the air cleaner would it act like a convection oven. If so you could do blueberry muffins, biscuits ect.... where could you do the cream gravy? :confused: :D

bigmac
06-27-2007, 07:35 PM
I don't think it would occur to any of us to bring food on the boat. When we get hungry, we just putt on back home and fire up the grill.

bigmac
06-27-2007, 07:42 PM
What if you took off the air cleaner would it act like a convection oven. If so you could do blueberry muffins, biscuits ect.... where could you do the cream gravy?

Snowmobiling in the north country...there's the Hot Dogger, the Hot Pot , and the Muff Pot food warmer. Bear in mind these latter two are NOT for casseroles, they're for Hot Dish.

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/ProductImages/snow7/121846lg.jpg http://www.parkeryamaha.com/ProductImages/snow/19150006.jpg http://www.parkeryamaha.com/productimages/snow/121826lg.jpg http://www.parkeryamaha.com/ProductImages/snow/121822.jpg

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2007, 07:44 PM
I don't think it would occur to any of us to bring food on the boat. When we get hungry, we just putt on back home and fire up the grill.

That's easy for the ruling class to say. :rant: :noface: :worthy:

Doug G
06-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Don't forget the red wine for the adults, grape juice for the kids

SkiDog
06-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Cheetoes!!!!!!!!! Nutin But Cheetoes In My Boat, With A Little Grape Juice To Wash Em Down!:d :d :d

trickskier
06-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Cheetoes!!!!!!!!! Nutin But Cheetoes In My Boat, With A Little Grape Juice To Wash Em Down!:d :d :d
I've been on your boat................There's more than GRAPE JUICE in your in your cooler.............:D

TMCNo1
06-27-2007, 10:15 PM
I've been on your boat................There's more than GRAPE JUICE in your in your cooler.............:D

And more than grape juice on the carpet and seats!:rolleyes: :D

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2007, 10:42 PM
And more than grape juice on the carpet and seats!:rolleyes: :D

THAT SOUNDS NASTY!!!!!!

trunderw
06-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Fried chicken and homegrown tomato sandwiches!

Stewed corn, okra and tomato sandwiches in light bread, sosin ya havt'in eat fast lessin' it falls thru the crust, 4 moon pies, 2 ROC Colas and a can of after flippin', dippin' and sniffin' snuf!

ahh, someone after my own heart; bein' from wnc that's about how we'd do it to :)

I just bought some more lookout moon pies at the cracker barrel

LakePirate
06-27-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm not reading through all the pages..

I didn't know you could take anything other than beer on the bote???:confused:

Leroy
06-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Only pure fresh spring water! :)

suedv
06-27-2007, 11:44 PM
apples, string cheese, fritos, gluten-free pretzels, pop, water, sandwiches, Mike 'n' Ikes, peanuts...

betsy&david Harrison
06-28-2007, 12:24 AM
Beer, wine, and anything else I might want!

tex
06-28-2007, 12:27 AM
It's all about B and I'm ok with that!

betsy&david Harrison
06-28-2007, 12:32 AM
I have to pack crap for the kids and the husband and then I have to pack my stuff cuz i want that "Trophy 23 year old bod back" so I have to pack the eggs and veggies for me. BUT, nothing that doesn't fit in after the beer and wine...doesn't go.

tex
06-28-2007, 12:33 AM
My wife way overpacks for out squid!

betsy&david Harrison
06-28-2007, 12:36 AM
I do too but it is better to be well fed than to be hungry..right?

Ron Grover
06-28-2007, 11:55 PM
I guess this is a holdover from when the kids were little, they are now 19, 21, and 29. We always had Twizzlers when they were little on the boat. Even now I don't believe they'd even get in the boat without their Twizzlers.

Some traditions never die. (ain't it great!)