PDA

View Full Version : Cordless Air Compressor - RECOMMENDATIONS?

BuoyChaser
06-02-2006, 05:01 PM
great having a cordless compressor to inflate buoys out on the course, especially with the temps changing the diameter...

any recommendations on cordless air compressors, rather than empty air tanks, don't like lugging those around take up too much space...

i've had problems in the past with bladders blowing in my Walmart special
Campbell Hausfeld Cordless Air Compressor

Campbell Hausfeld Cordless Air Compressor for $40
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3992

COLEMAN Cordless Rechargeable Air Compressor PMC8144 for $23
http://www.ekitchengadgets.com/cocoreaircop.html

check out this digital needle gauge, pretty cool in getting all the buoys at the same pressure which is crucial for accusink, even though suppose to go by ball diameter
Tachikara Digital Gauge
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1766850&cp=1345150.1215428&page=2&doVSearch=no&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family&searchId=1215428

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1766850&cp=1345150.1215428&page=2&doVSearch=no&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family&searchId=1215428

Mi.mc
06-02-2006, 05:32 PM
is the main use of this pump going to be for inflating bouys?

BuoyChaser
06-02-2006, 06:11 PM
is the main use of this pump going to be for inflating bouys?
buoys and the occasional tire...

88 PS190
06-02-2006, 06:14 PM
neat little guage there, but cutting the center out of a frisbee and using that works pretty well.

a small electric inflator is better for those bouys than an air compressor, it'd be fairly easy to pop them.

BuoyChaser
06-02-2006, 06:17 PM
neat little guage there, but cutting the center out of a frisbee and using that works pretty well.

a small electric inflator is better for those bouys than an air compressor, it'd be fairly easy to pop them.
what is the official diameter???great idea on the frisbee...accusink calls for 9" i believe but like runnin' smaller turn balls...

88 PS190
06-02-2006, 07:24 PM
9" sounds about right, think official is 20 cm..

are you using the accusink as a portable? or a submersible (www.wallyskier.com)

if you're sinking it that's prolly why they're picky on ball size with it, gotta have it sink.

Can't have one of those hot days and end up w/ the course staying up till after dark!

BuoyChaser
06-02-2006, 08:44 PM
9" sounds about right, think official is 20 cm..

are you using the accusink as a portable? or a submersible (www.wallyskier.com)

if you're sinking it that's prolly why they're picky on ball size with it, gotta have it sink.

Can't have one of those hot days and end up w/ the course staying up till after dark!
accusink as a permanent install in up to 50' of water...so bottom temps should always stay the same...what is funny have to add so much spongex foam to them to get them to rise quickly...don't want to overinflate the balls until at peak of summer...

that wallyskier.com setup is pretty cool, love to see it in action or see some pics...easily could be added to any EZ-Slalom portable system...

88 PS190
06-02-2006, 11:04 PM
and he bought the rights to the accusink... which is what i keyed in on, since you can't just buy an accusink anymore.

BuoyChaser
06-02-2006, 11:55 PM
and he bought the rights to the accusink... which is what i keyed in on, since you can't just buy an accusink anymore.
got the same thing exactly, but he's not selling the submarines...different concept...

88 PS190
06-03-2006, 12:04 AM
right he's got two seperate bladders, so that when all the air is drained out of your system the course stays a distance off the bottom, which would be nice in your 50 feet of water since the course would be suspended only say... 10 feet from the bottom.

And due to that you'd only need a bit of time to raise it.

The separate air bladder thing looks nice too.

BuoyChaser
06-03-2006, 09:47 AM
right he's got two seperate bladders, so that when all the air is drained out of your system the course stays a distance off the bottom, which would be nice in your 50 feet of water since the course would be suspended only say... 10 feet from the bottom.

And due to that you'd only need a bit of time to raise it.

The separate air bladder thing looks nice too.
i already made the accusink investment, but certainly have a bunch of buddies that are interested in trying something similiar...