PDA

View Full Version : New Prop Time!!!

88 PS190
06-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Ok, its time to upgrade our current prop so that we have a better one on there, and a spare just in case.

Here are my questions.

Recommended Props???

and 2, where do you like ordering them from.

and..... Go!

BrianM
06-02-2006, 04:51 PM
If it is a 1:1 go with the Acme #541. Awsome upgrade. I made the change on my '88 and it was amazing how much better the boat was out of the hole and how much smoother it ran. Running the same prop on my '97 with much the same results. You won't be dissapointed.

www.wakeside.com (http://www.wakeside.com/) has pretty good prices and great customer service.

The other option would be a 13 x 12 OJ XMP. Just about the same as the Acme

Max at www.skiertoskier.com (http://www.skiertoskier.com) can hook you up with the OJ at a great price. His customer service is second to none.

sanjuan23
06-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Just put the 4 blade Acme 209 on my 92 Prostar 205 last friday unfortunately weather (wind) did not cooperate so I really didnt get a chance to open it up and check it out. Hopefully this weekend. Bought it from SkiDim great experience. Dont know that the 4 blade 209 is that much different over the 3 blade 541. Still new to all this

88 PS190
06-02-2006, 05:02 PM
I've heard three blade cnc is the way to go since we're skiers, not boarders.

any input on that?

sanjuan23
06-02-2006, 05:08 PM
The one I put on the boat is CNC'd, but part of the reason that we went with the four over the three is that we do more wakeboarding than skiing. As I am just starting to learn to slalom.

RobertT
06-02-2006, 05:19 PM
I had Acme send me all three of the models that they carry that fit my boat.

To tell you the truth, performance was about the same with each. A little difference in holding a tight turn with one, 1-1.5mph top end with another, all within 200rpm of each other at 20mph, 30mph, and WOT. I am at exactly 5000rpm at WOT with my MCX. The good part about the Acme was that my WOT and top speed do not vary rather I am by myself after taking a crap or with six people in the boat.

Strange.

Hate to say it, but its true. Others have had much better luck, and swear by there Acme.

I actually think I kind of liked my 4 blade better. I just had it balanced and tweaked, and will put it on and get a better feel of stock vs. Acme. I went with the 853 I think on the Acme.

My OJ 4 blade was a little out of balance (thus my reason for looking for a new prop), so I couldn't compare stock to Acme during my tests.

Still, not much of a difference. For what its worth.

BrianM
06-02-2006, 05:31 PM
I've heard three blade cnc is the way to go since we're skiers, not boarders.

any input on that?

If you are skiers the CNC'd 3 blade is where it is at. The Acme 3 blade has basicly the same surface area as a three blade. Has tons of holding power at speed. Much improved hole shot and no loss on the top end. The CNCd XMP does not have quite as much surface area as the Acme but the results in performance are the same.

Cloaked
06-02-2006, 05:43 PM
I have seen this thread somewhere before... :D

seaforth
06-02-2006, 08:34 PM
De-ja-voo-do

Hello Doug?