PDA

View Full Version : Depth Finder Q's

ksmaristar91
06-02-2006, 08:38 AM
Hey guys, after a rough, (understatement) Memorial weekend, depth finder, speedo pickups,all broke. And lots of water over the bow, 3 foot sweels. My new depthfinder and pickups will be here from Skidim (great service and speed as usual). My question is have any of you changed the depth finder out in a 91 maristar. I cannot find a transducer under the boat so it must be a through hull, havent looked for it yet, any suggestions where to peek? My backseat does not remove easily so i hope that isnt where it is, if so could i put the new one some where else? Thanks in advance!!!

#47of100TeamMC
06-02-2006, 09:31 AM
I would check behind the tranny next to the prop shaft packing seal. the transducer's are usually mounted rearward close to the prop etc. since that is what you are trying to avoid hitting the bottom of the lake with. Check for wires under your engine and see if they run backwards there and try to follow them to an end... hopefully that helps.

88 PS190
06-02-2006, 10:57 AM
its also a point where there will never be air under the hull due to planing or wave activity. Though I find it silly since if you want to save your prop your probably going to hit things coming at you from in front.

Hoff1
06-02-2006, 10:59 AM
On my 1990 Maristar, the transducer is on the starboard side very close to the middle next to the transmission. Looks like a hockey puck, black, with a wire coming out of the center. You can access it through the engine bay, but you might want to remove the engine box and pull up the floor panel right behind it. If I remember correctly, you can get that floor panel up without removing the backseat, I feel your pain on that one. You might be able to check the old transducer and unplug it from the existing dash gauge, Iím guessing.

ksmaristar91
06-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Thanks will look this evening and post the results.

PerryBpilot
06-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Hope this helps, I was working on cooling problems and found the transducer by accident after reading your post the other day.
Mine is glassed in beside the front of the engine on the left side if standing on the transom looking forward.
It is black with an insulated wire coming out headed towards the bow.