PDA

View Full Version : Rear Seat Material

mikeb543
10-13-2004, 09:10 AM
I would like to up-grade my rear seat in my 95 205 to the more current style. My current seat is the large foam base with the separate seat bottom. I want to change to the seat bottom that spans the full width of the boat. Boat needs new interior so it's a perfect time to upgrade to the more user friendly seat style.

I suppose I will have to construct this seat and was wondering about the 'white plastic-like' board. What is the material and where can you buy it?

H20skeefreek
10-13-2004, 09:23 AM
I would like to up-grade my rear seat in my 95 205 to the more current style. My current seat is the large foam base with the separate seat bottom. I want to change to the seat bottom that spans the full width of the boat. Boat needs new interior so it's a perfect time to upgrade to the more user friendly seat style.

I suppose I will have to construct this seat and was wondering about the 'white plastic-like' board. What is the material and where can you buy it?

I beleive the "white plastic-like board" you are speaking of is Starboard Lumber. It's manufactured by TACO Mfg. and is available at West Marine.

captkidd
10-13-2004, 02:24 PM
I've considered removing the section of the rear seat that goes under the seat cushion in order to increase storage area under the seat, but I'm too chicken. It probably wouldn't be too difficult, just remove the carpet (for later use) and then cut the base to remove the current "storage" areas (for items that are 2" tall?). As long as you leave enough of a lip around the inside to support the seat, it should work. You might also need to fabricate some type of center support.