PDA

View Full Version : mastercraft 3+3 program

Stephen Nordquist
06-02-2006, 12:00 AM
:smile: I just recieved from mastercraft info on there extended coverage plan. I would like some feedback from current mastercraft owners if they feel it is worth it, and are claims paid without a lot of red tape and fine print. The cost is $1255 for the 3years and $175 to add the trailer.

jlf
06-02-2006, 10:04 AM
I have the same coverage, but have yet to actually use the coverage. I know that I got some coupon things that I have to use for like the first three or four times I ever use the coverage so there is no deductible. I know you should read the fine print there are some things that are excluded from coverage. I guess I can't really answer if it is worth it or not.

G-man
06-02-2006, 10:58 AM
I am not a fan of extended warranties. My experiance has been they are overpriced for the coverage you get. They in general do not include any problem you may have related to anything that should be a maintenace item. Anything that can be tied to an overheat situation is not covered. Look over the items excluded on the policy and decide for yourself if you think you'll have problems with whats covered and what would it cost you to have fixed should it break down.

wiltok
06-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Everyone has their own experience - but I WISH I had an extended warranty with all the problems I have had. My last bill was for $1000.00...(this is for an 01 X-9).

Ric
06-02-2006, 08:23 PM
I got that in the mail too
didnt look like a good deal to me

PendO
06-02-2006, 09:12 PM
:smile: I just recieved from mastercraft info on there extended coverage plan. I would like some feedback from current mastercraft owners if they feel it is worth it, and are claims paid without a lot of red tape and fine print. The cost is $1255 for the 3years and $175 to add the trailer.

I got my 2nd request ... put it in the same round file ... I'm a gamblin man, plus, so long as I am the only one running the boat I feel pretty safe, but just my opinion.

erkoehler
07-08-2006, 01:32 AM
It really isn't all that bad of a deal if you think about the cost of everything between parts and labor.

If you have a ballast pump go bad, a PP issue, electrical gremlin, or engine trouble you don't have to deal with it. Just drop it off and have the dealer take care of it.

rodltg2
07-08-2006, 02:00 AM
extened warranites is where the money is at....

Grandwilli
07-08-2006, 02:13 AM
Can I git one for my '95 Maristar?

bigmac
07-08-2006, 09:43 AM
I received the 3+3 invitation too, but passed, although I admit I was tempted. Generally, I think extended warranties aren't a good deal, but with some items with complex systems that are expensive to repair, used in more extreme conditions, like boats, it's something to think about.

FYI, this Business Week article (http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_51/b3913110_mz020.htm) has an interesting take on extended warranties in the electronics retailing business. Granted, it's apples and oranges, but the general concept is worth thinking about.

Ole Miss Rebels
07-08-2006, 01:26 PM
for me it is clearly a bargain. i have put 250 hours on my 05 x star in 1 year and 3 months. extrapolate that out for six years and you have a lot of hours. i got the warranty plus trailer plus the ski package for 1800 dollars. that's a bargain for me even if i never use it. i am concerned about the overheating issue. seems like it could be a catch-all. however, think about the fact that some items on a MC are only warrantied for one year. they would be warrantied for 6 years under the 3+3. good deal in my book, especially if you put on a lot of hours. hotty toddy

Ric
07-08-2006, 01:43 PM
What are the deductibles on the 3+3? I threw mine away.

Ole Miss Rebels
07-08-2006, 02:19 PM
my memory is that the deductible is $25 per trip to the service center (regardless of how many items you get repaired under warranty).

erkoehler
07-08-2006, 03:20 PM
my memory is that the deductible is $25 per trip to the service center (regardless of how many items you get repaired under warranty).

^^^ Correct

dapicatti
07-10-2006, 12:08 PM
extened warranites is where the money is at....

Yes, they are money makers but at the same time for those of us who are not mechanically inclined or just want to ensure that things are done correctly on their boat/vehicles they can save a lot of arguing with the spouse over said boat or vehicle.

and Rod I think its spelled extended:rolleyes:

Leroy
07-10-2006, 12:12 PM
In general extended warranties are the highest margin product any business offers......

It's like taking a bet you purchase will fail, I like not buying extended warranties and taking a bet I made a smart choice.