PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass on LT1

firesmith
06-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Can someone help me with this scenario? I disengage my Perfect Pass (turn it off) when still in gear and with throttle applied. When the throttle is returned to neutral, then gear is re-engaged, the throttle position must be advanced quite far (well beyond normal) until engine speed picks up. Is this normal? If I disengage Perfect Pass when in neutral, will that make a difference?

Thanks

bigmac
06-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Can someone help me with this scenario? I disengage my Perfect Pass (turn it off) when still in gear and with throttle applied. When the throttle is returned to neutral, then gear is re-engaged, the throttle position must be advanced quite far (well beyond normal) until engine speed picks up. Is this normal? If I disengage Perfect Pass when in neutral, will that make a difference?

ThanksIt should always be in neutral (or at least idle) when engaging or disengaging Perfect Pass. There should be little prompts to remind you when this is necessary. IIUC, disengaging PP with the throttle advanced leaves the servo wound up, leaving your throttle lever/cable with that much distance to make up before it takes over the throttle position back from the PP servo.

H20skeefreek
06-01-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm not really sure what you are asking. You aren't supposed to turn off PP with it in gear. That's why it asks you if you are in neutral.

firesmith
06-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Thanks BigMac. Thats pretty much what I have been thinking. Just had the boat on the water the first time last weekend and I was going to test that theory this weekend. Knew someone here should know. I don't have a manual for Perfect Pass, so I am kind of experimenting.

bigmac
06-01-2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks BigMac. Thats pretty much what I have been thinking. Just had the boat on the water the first time last weekend and I was going to test that theory this weekend. Knew someone here should know. I don't have a manual for Perfect Pass, so I am kind of experimenting.

These instructions are for the current version PP, so it may not be completely applicable to you - it references the new display, for example. Perfect Pass used to have previous version owner's manuals on their web site. Nevertheless, you may find it useful. Look at

http://www.perfectpass.com/pp_support_usersmanual.html

In my experience, the people at Perfect Pass tend to be very helpful if you call them. See if they can email you the .pdf file for the manual for the model you have. I do have version 6.5 manual - I'd be happy to scan it and send it to you if you need it.