PDA

View Full Version : The Official "TEX" Thread

Pages : [1] 2

stevo137
06-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Anything allowable goes! Let's drink with Tex, see how Tex is recovering, what's he up to, post a few swimsuit pics for him, etc. etc.
PUI is also recommended to keep things exciting!

PUI/ Posting under the influence. :D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Well you can COUNT ON Hoosier to be here if your encouranging drinking and posting! :uglyhamme

I love the "Official" on the thread title Stevo!! That rules!! :toast:

We will all keep Tex company during his recovery. :D I still wish he had let me do his knee surgery....I have skilled hands. Some of you here are about to hear my music, and when you hear my guitar playing you will understand just what a outstanding surgeon I am or could be...

:wavey:

MarkP
06-01-2006, 01:47 PM
I’m not sure I’m going to want to see this thread after the drunks move in, so, have fun guys.http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/travesmilies/smilie_prost.gif.

MarkP
06-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Ah, Who am I kiddin?? I just got a new Tequila from a buddy. See you guys tonight!http://www.clicksmilies.com/usersmilies/einzelusersmilies/BuZZ%20KiGoRe_Face%20Crash.gif!

06-01-2006, 01:55 PM
I’m not sure I’m going to want to see this thread after the drunks move in, so, have fun guys.http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/travesmilies/smilie_prost.gif.

Oh you know this thread is gonna look like a scene from that Mad Max movie, the road warrior....all mutated- welded together vehicles , flamethrowers, shoulder pads, gas tankers, hockey masks, and mohawks, leather, boomarangs, and post apocalyptic desert type scene after several of our finest get here and start working their magic, and the bottle :friday:

8p

stevo137
06-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Glad to see you back! I was disappointed that you weren't participatin'

What agave did you get Mark?

stevo137
06-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Oh you know this thread is gonna look like a scene from that Mad Max movie, the road warrior....all mutated- welded together vehicles , flamethrowers, shoulder pads, gas tankers, hockey masks, and mohawks, leather, boomarangs, and post apocalyptic desert type scene after several of our finest get here and start working their magic, and the bottle :friday:

8p
LOL, it's gonna' be good, just hope it stays above board!

stevo137
06-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Just realized that I forgot to ask Tex what he's up to today.

Tex? you out there man?

MarkP
06-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Glad to see you back! I was disappointed that you weren't participatin'

What agave did you get Mark?
Gran Centenario Anejo. It looks Goood!! To think I found it in my mail box..

stevo137
06-01-2006, 02:14 PM

Awesome agave! Me and Mrs. had a nice shot of that in Playa.

tex
06-01-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm here. I am sitting in the big chair with the cooling machine hooked to the knee. I am watching the spelling bee right now. Mother in law is here so that keeps me off the recorded late night skin o max! I stayed up late last night and it seemed to help with the sleep a little. I am just so un-F'ing-comfortable. I try and get out once a day to keep from going crazy. Thanks for the thread, remember me and Steve think alike when it comes to pictures-Make them of someone you know or on your boat! I do appreciate all the fun and postive postings about my situation. It sucks now and will only get worse as the summer of no ski goes on. I really appreciate all of my MC brothas and sistas. You go out and ski/party hard and take lots of pictures and come back here and tell me all about it. GO MAVERICKS!

MarkP
06-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Awesome agave! Me and Mrs. had a nice shot of that in Playa.
It will be my first time, cant wait.

Tex, you drinkin tonight?

06-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Alight man, here is a pic of me in my swimsuit :wavey: Hope this cheers you up Tex! 8p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/WinterSkiing2.jpg

MarkP
06-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Alight man, here is a pic of me in my swimsuit :wavey: Hope this cheers you up Tex! 8p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/WinterSkiing2.jpgLOL. What IS that on your feet?

06-01-2006, 03:03 PM
O'brien International Freestyle II 70" I skied that ski a LONG time!! Its retired in my parents bar in their basement now. Lots of great memories associated with that ski.

MarkP
06-01-2006, 03:11 PM
O'brien International Freestyle II 70" I skied that ski a LONG time!! Its retired in my parents bar in their basement now. Lots of great memories associated with that ski.
Did you buy a Monza yet? I see a 70” one of them on ebay..

88 PS190
06-01-2006, 03:16 PM
does he need a 70? looks too damn skinny for one in all those rockstar pics... unless those leather pants are camo.

06-01-2006, 03:32 PM
does he need a 70? looks too damn skinny for one in all those rockstar pics... unless those leather pants are camo.
The Monza is a pretty skinny ski, I think I would need a 70" at least a 68 for sure. I am 200 lbs NOT in my wetsuit and PFD, so probably a 70". I havent got one yet Mark. I am still kicking that idea around.... I keep thinking its overkill for my skiing style. Maybe a System 8 would be more my league.... I saw wileys selling 05 System 8's with double approach boots for $599. thats NOT a bad deal.... I just dont want to drop the change now. Got lots going on in my life and I shouldnt be forking out for a new ride when I have 2(actually 3) great rides now. The curiosity is eating at me. but I just have to excerise good judgement......

MarkP
06-01-2006, 04:24 PM
LOL

That leather must be “slimming”, (Just kiddin UMP)

And, UMP To heck with “good Judgment”!

MarkP
06-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Oh, and that Monza may look Skinny, but it skis FAT..

jbfootin
06-01-2006, 04:34 PM
LOL

That leather must be “slimming”, (Just kiddin UMP)

If leather is "slimming", why do cows look so damn fat! :confused:

jbfootin
06-01-2006, 04:35 PM
On that same note, if leather stains so easy, cows roll around in crap all the time and they always come clean... :confused: :friday:

MarkP
06-01-2006, 04:47 PM
If leather is "slimming", why do cows look so damn fat! :confused:
Well then,

Just imagine how big they would look without it.

MarkP
06-01-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm here. I am sitting in the big chair with the cooling machine hooked to the knee. I am watching the spelling bee right now. Mother in law is here so that keeps me off the recorded late night skin o max! I stayed up late last night and it seemed to help with the sleep a little. I am just so un-F'ing-comfortable. I try and get out once a day to keep from going crazy. Thanks for the thread, remember me and Steve think alike when it comes to pictures-Make them of someone you know or on your boat! I do appreciate all the fun and postive postings about my situation. It sucks now and will only get worse as the summer of no ski goes on. I really appreciate all of my MC brothas and sistas. You go out and ski/party hard and take lots of pictures and come back here and tell me all about it. GO MAVERICKS!
So Tex,http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/Fool/inv.gif ,

Are you drinkin tonight??

06-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Oh, and that Monza may look Skinny, but it skis FAT..

Ya just gotta work on me hey Mark.... :uglyhamme But does it ski PHAT??? 8p Is that ski the fasizzle da schnizzle? I am going out again tonite on the Vengeance....

MarkP
06-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Ya just gotta work on me hey Mark.... :uglyhamme But does it ski PHAT??? 8p Is that ski the fasizzle da schnizzle? I am going out again tonite on the Vengeance....
It is not really that skinny. HeII man, I have one and I want another.. I’ll be looking for a black one..

AND, YEP!!http://www.clicksmilies.com/usersmilies/einzelusersmilies/MattMan_foshizzle.gif!!!!!!!!!!!

tex
06-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Of course I'm drinking tonight. I will pretend that I'm still in college and the weekend starts on Thursday!

MarkP
06-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Now your talkin!!

Hope your starting early..

MarkP
06-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Of course I'm drinking tonight. I will pretend that I'm still in college and the weekend starts on Thursday!
We have ignition!! Eeeeeeeeeeee-Haw, http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/psylosmilies/cool.gif !!!

MarkP
06-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Tex

Where’d ya go??

Someone get over there and help him back into his chair,http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/psylosmilies/junkie.gif .

stevo137
06-01-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm here and drinkin'.
How was that Centenario?

MarkP
06-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Sssssssssssso nice.. I was actually surprised I liked it so much.. After the first one, (big shot W/salted rim, about 4 oz) I had to do it again..

tex
06-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Centenario-rum?
I'm here. Dealing with choragraphing dinner and getting ready for the Mavs!

stevo137
06-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Sssssssssssso nice.. I was actually surprised I liked it so much.. After the first one, (big shot W/salted rim, about 4 oz) I had to do it again..

Dude, you don't need salt with that agave!

MarkP
06-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Dude, you don't need salt with that agave!
I know that now, and I never do use it. I just got a little afraid when I read the canister that it came in and it said that it was aged in “NEW” white oak barrels.

MarkP
06-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Centenario-rum?
No, No Tex..

http://www.internetwines.com/rws17414.html

tex
06-01-2006, 09:29 PM
I googled it and it came back as a rum on the site that I checked. Must have been a French website!

MarkP
06-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Dam French.

Not French but I would say it could at least sit on the same shelf as my Don Eduardo

stevo137
06-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Mornin' TEX!

erkoehler
06-02-2006, 11:09 AM
How's the leg today?

Ric
06-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Get better Tex
Just drinking COFFEE but I thought I'd post well wishes.

06-02-2006, 11:57 AM
NOt much activity on the ol TEx thread today..... TEX WAKE YOUR ARSE UP AND GET POSTING!! :rant:

tex
06-02-2006, 12:28 PM
My ars is up. Very rough night last night. I could not get comfortable at all and was ready to chew my f'n leg off! I bet that I only slept about 2 hours! Talk about drive you crazy. Imagine those nights when you toss and turn and can't get in a good position to sleep in-Now imagine when you can only use one position to sleep in! I think that I
was too amped up from watching Dirk pour half a hundred in on the Suns last night! I need to call a friend to pick up me some Bailey's to go into my coffee. How are you guys doing?

06-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Im Fine Tex. I am usually fine. UMP's world is a good place to be! :D

TMCNo1
06-02-2006, 12:51 PM

UMP's World, UMP's World! SNL doesn't know what they missed! :eek:

TMCNo1
06-02-2006, 12:55 PM

Tex, I feel for you, just take your time and when it's all over and you are back to 100%, I think and hope you will look back a laugh at it all!

How did I double post when I was editing it??????????????????Haven't done that in a long time!

Hoosier Bob
06-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Obviously this would be an Eli Lilly induced state? So far in UMP's world I have seen a ton of leather, snow, unused condoms and covers(that is when you steal someone elses music)! Get out and ski! :D Im Fine Tex. I am usually fine. UMP's world is a good place to be! :D

06-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Obviously this would be an Eli Lilly induced state? So far in UMP's world I have seen a ton of leather, snow, unused condoms and covers(that is when you steal someone elses music)! Get out and ski! :D
SO how did you know where I kept my stash of "protection" HB?? you been nosin around my house??? you didnt find my..... :o uh, never mind.....

TMCNo1
06-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Obviously this would be an Eli Lilly induced state? So far in UMP's world I have seen a ton of leather, snow, unused condoms and covers(that is when you steal someone elses music)! Get out and ski! :D

I heard you leave a trail everywhere you go! Do you just drop them to find your way home? Be careful, they might trace your tracks back to the Super Hero cave.
Just asking, I hope you don't mess up and expose your true identity!

tex
06-04-2006, 09:58 PM
I just realized that I have never given you guys/gals a mental picture of what my recovery looks like. We have a big chair with automain that sits adjacent to the 56" Samsung DLP TV. The new PS2 has been hooked up. I have my laptop hooked up to keep in touch with you sitting on a side table. The other side table has my meds/cocktails(very nice Bombay Martini made by the mother in law). I have the cold water circulation contraption(ice chest w/bilge pump) on the ground next to me. I'm sure that the insurance company is paying about $1000 for it and it is nothing more than a swinger ice chest with a bilge pump out of a moomba hooked to a tube that runs water through an old douche bag that is attached to my knee. The mother in law provided the spelling of douche for me. Right now, I am getting my ars kicked on Tiger Woods Golf 2006! I would change legs with about anyone of you right now! Take care,
Tex

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2006, 10:19 PM
You heard my story of recovery! I am glad you are being taken care of(being a dick(me) has it's disadvantages). I am getting the feeling I do not deserve that much care. I do rememeber mastering Rayman3! Very cool game and I loved every minute. As of late it has been the Dakar Rally on my trusty steed! :D Very tired of riding and well spent from the trails today. :o

06-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Well Tex. You sure seem like you have some great care there. all that stuff at your fingertips. Hey, you ever hear Louie Anderson's routine on stealing stuff from the hospital when your sick? Things like gauze pads, kleenex, etc... its hilarious! THat just popped into my head.

anyway, I told you I would have done the surgery cheaper, and I would have rigged up a cooling device similar to that, only difference, is mine would have had a keg off beer sitting in the ice chest too. constant flow of cold water, constant flow of cold beer. :D and yes, I thought about your kidneys too. YOu need to stand up every now and then so you get your blood moving and so your arse doesnt go numb, so you could just use a bucket to store the used beer until your nurse could dump it out. see I think of everything. ;) 8p If you want to know my medical qualifications, I am like Fred Sanford's doctor(the same guy that was his attorney and accountant). :D

How is the leg feeling??

Oh yea, almost forgot, use a 3 wood on that next drive. watch the wind, and the green has a mean roll to the west. Good luck!

06-04-2006, 10:29 PM
bout time you showed up HB!!! :D

Hoosier Bob
06-04-2006, 10:48 PM
I have been watching my ebay items! I had a BIN on a wakeboard until some freak bid on it! I guess I should thank him the BIN was $80.00 and it is at $130 with an hour to go! :D bout time you showed up HB!!! :D

stevo137
06-08-2006, 12:29 AM
TEX! You da man!
How's the recovery goin'?
I haven't even had a decent chance to get my first ski in!
It sucks but I've come to terms with it..

tex
06-08-2006, 12:36 AM
I went to the doc today. Nothing new to report. The scars look about the same and they say this is good. The light at the end of the tunnel is so far away. We went over one of our ski sites on the way to the doctor...glass as far as you could see....F!

stevo137
06-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Tex, you'll be back! I heard you mention the Sea World show. Damn that was a great show before the jetskis. Unbelievable! footer jumping from a tower and all of a sudden you see them on one foot. Many other very talented skiers too.
Awesome show! I saw it a few times with Mrs. before kids many years ago and then again with the kids about 5 years ago and it did not compare.
I wouldn't doubt if we even saw you out there!

06-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Stevo clean out your PM's I am trying to PM you :)

stevo137
06-08-2006, 01:12 AM
Stevo clean out your PM's I am trying to PM you :)
OK dude, all clear, I'm on my way to the frig for another brew...

06-08-2006, 01:15 AM
OK Steve you got a PM

I gotta hit the rack. I will catch up with you tomarrow Steve! :D :wavey:

06-08-2006, 09:56 AM
TEX! How you doin today?? Hows the knee?? hows the pain?
whats goin on ? :confused:

tex
06-08-2006, 11:23 AM
The wife went to Chicago to speak at a conference this morning. I was on my own last night and today. She gets back in the afternoon. I did take a big digger this morning. My crutches got hung on my PS2 cable and I went down hard. I did let out a big F as I was going down. Scared the crap out of Inga!

6ballsisall
06-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Careful Tex!!!

Hey man I gotta ask.......what the heck is your avatar??

tex
06-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Careful Tex!!!

Hey man I gotta ask.......what the heck is your avatar??
Thanks. A nice set of knees.

06-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Thanks. A nice set of knees.
Who is Inga? So are you OK after your fall? hurt anything else? :eek:

Dude, be careful!

tex
06-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Inga is my swedish housekeeper who regularly wipes down the boat, backs the trailer, and does whatever else boating wise that I need. conduct a search on her. nothing else hurt besides Inga's and John David's ears. It was scary and funny.

tex
06-10-2006, 12:40 PM
I get to go to the lake today! The wife is ready to ski bad. I will get helped down to the club boat and helped into the driver seat for a little driving therepy. I cannot wait. Noon cannot get here quick enough!

stevo137
06-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Great Tex! Get a few pics man!

east tx skier
06-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Good driving to ya, Tex. I'm supposed to get out today if I can get my deck and fence pressure washed in the next few hours.

tex
06-10-2006, 01:08 PM
get that hose in your hand so you will be able to get that handle in it later. I never thought that i would be so excited about driving in 100 degree sun knowing that I could not get wet!

east tx skier
06-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Don't forget your bimini.

tex
06-10-2006, 01:26 PM
I won't be driving the 197. I will be in a buddy's MC. It is one of those sport stars? It needs interior work but drives like a dream. I will try and get a picture for you. I'm off so wish me luck! I will be wearing a hat just in case.

bcampbe7
06-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Good for you Tex. I'm jealous!
I'm not injured but my tow vehicle is. :(

Have fun Tex! :friday:

Ric
06-10-2006, 01:39 PM
get that hose in your hand so you will be able to get that handle in it later. I never thought that i would be so excited about driving in 100 degree sun knowing that I could not get wet!
he's got his hose in his hand allright

tex
06-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Wow, what a great day. I drove for about 4 hours straight without getting out of the seat. It felt so good! I will post some pics.

tex
06-10-2006, 08:08 PM
I love the lake!

tex
06-10-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm ready for a beer!

06-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Hows things today Tex?? hows hte recovery going?

looks like you had a nice time on the water :)

Ric
06-13-2006, 10:41 AM
I'm ready for a beer!
man Tex, yall have a really short setup! ;)

tex
06-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Hows things today Tex?? hows hte recovery going?

looks like you had a nice time on the water :)
Here is what I'm sick of today!
1.Not being able to sleep.
2.The nurse who screws up my Vikes scrip.
3.The pharm. who screws up my Vikes scrip.
4.The chair that I'm sitting in.
5.Crutches.
6.This F'n huge ars brace.
7.No physical therapy from the wife.
8.The pain in the ars routine of showers(no golden jokes please).
9.The lazy ars dish dude who screwed up installing my HD dish yesterday.
10.Not being able to ski.

Things not sick of.
1.Reading about you guys ripping it up.
2.Reading about you guys getting ripped up.

I'm F'n miserable right now!

On the up side, a buddy is taking me to see the Black Crowes at the end of the month.

tex
06-13-2006, 10:47 AM
man Tex, yall have a really short setup! ;)
It's all in the driving.

LakePirate
06-13-2006, 10:48 AM
With your injury you don't have to help me move next week. :wavey:

Now for the rest of you clowns, I expect to see here Tuesday June 20th. Bright and early.

06-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Oh yea, me and HB will be there Lakey! ;) HB is drinkin, and I will be drivin!

Tex, hang in there bud! :wavey: We will do our best to keep you occupied with some entertainment here. I havent been out ripping it up since last wednesday, so I will have to think of something. I am planning to go as soon as the weather permits. I got a big weekend of skiing planned this weekend. :woohoo:

Ric
06-13-2006, 11:57 AM
With your injury you don't have to help me move next week. :wavey:

Now for the rest of you clowns, I expect to see here Tuesday June 20th. Bright and early.
In college my outgoing message ended by saying something like " if you are calling because you said, hey Rics gotta truck, let's call him.... Go F yourself.... Thanks, have a nice day"

:steering:

tex
06-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Big day today, I saw the doc, he tested the knee and said everything is very stable. I won't have to go back for a month. At that time, they will fit me with a smaller brace. I was also cleared for physical therapy. I called my clinic from the bar and they fit me in today. Wow, I forgot how much pt sucked. For the record, male pt. 2-3 times a week, you would think that I would have a hot female pt.

Did I mention that I miss skiing?

Hoosier Bob
06-14-2006, 11:22 PM
I got screwed too! No hot babes just some guy that told me, Dan Marino was 36 when he ruptured his achilles yours won't look like that! I was 38 at the time. I went overboard from that point on as I did not want my leg to look like DM's! His bad leg that is! Can you request a HB? No, not a Hoosier Bob but a HOT BABE! I think it will pay off, motivation so to speak! :banana: Big day today, I saw the doc, he tested the knee and said everything is very stable. I won't have to go back for a month. At that time, they will fit me with a smaller brace. I was also cleared for physical therapy. I called my clinic from the bar and they fit me in today. Wow, I forgot how much pt sucked. For the record, male pt. 2-3 times a week, you would think that I would have a hot female pt.

Did I mention that I miss skiing?

tex
06-14-2006, 11:24 PM
When I went through it with my arm, I had the hottest one and the assistant was very hot too. I was single at the time and took advantage of it. Maybe this is a good thing.

Hoosier Bob
06-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Maybe, just don't take advantage of it this time! ;) When I went through it with my arm, I had the hottest one and the assistant was very hot too. I was single at the time and took advantage of it. Maybe this is a good thing.

tex
06-14-2006, 11:44 PM
take advantage sounds bad, maybe that I just profited from it.

Hoosier Bob
06-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Ok, whatever, do not profit from it now! Remember you are heavily medicated and only a man knows well I'll leave that one alone! 8p
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=198794&postcount=76take advantage sounds bad, maybe that I just profited from it.

C36
06-15-2006, 01:21 AM
I wish my feet could be on fire!

Tex - thought it best to respond to your comment in this thread (instead of in "Glass Waters ... let's see 'em!"). I hope you have a quick and full recovery. Here is one picture of glass just for you. Take your recovery one day at a time and get yourself back to full strength soon.

tex
06-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Tex - thought it best to respond to your comment in this thread (instead of in "Glass Waters ... let's see 'em!"). I hope you have a quick and full recovery. Here is one picture of glass just for you. Take your recovery one day at a time and get yourself back to full strength soon.
C36-Thanks for the ecncouragement. The thing that sucks is that I do not get to take my favorite ride of the year. I always love when the water and air temp reach such a nice position that I strip down to nothing but a bathing suit and do a hop dock on my step off ski. They make the turn and I do a step off a and foot around the lake in nothing but the swim suit. It is my way of feeling the Texas Heat and knowing that summer has started. I will have to wait to next year!

erkoehler
06-15-2006, 11:53 AM
You could take a slow tube right!

jraben8
06-15-2006, 12:04 PM
How is the PT going? Do they have you doing any real activities yet?

I did get your PM and please let me know if there are any shows scheduled out there.

tex
06-15-2006, 12:13 PM
You could take a slow tube right!
Kind of like a lazy river ride? I hate tubes, I don't like to ride things that I'm not in control over.

tex
06-15-2006, 12:15 PM
How is the PT going? Do they have you doing any real activities yet?

I did get your PM and please let me know if there are any shows scheduled out there.
I started PT yesterday. I'm very sore today. I'm just doing range of motion things for the next 3-4 weeks

jraben8
06-15-2006, 12:26 PM
It will get easier very quickly. I remember the first PT session after my knee scoping more than any other. Most people block out painful experiences, mine are more vivid... After the first 3, the others were a piece of cake and I was seeing dramatic results daily. That being said, mine wasn't a complete tear. He cut away frayed areas of my ACL, MCL (both had 40% removed so there wasn't an edge to tear against - looked like a rope that had a knife scraping on it ) and removed a torn miniscus.

tex
06-15-2006, 12:27 PM
As I said, thanks for the kind words-now go skiing and post some pics of you ripping up the metroplex water!

TonyB
06-15-2006, 01:18 PM

Ahhhhh, so that's where I put my urine sample! ;)

tex
06-19-2006, 03:20 PM
help, i'm going crazy!

tex
06-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Have you ever tried to change the oil, re-do the rubber sealant in your glove box, vacuum the water out of battery compartment, and do other general maintenance on your boat while wearing a brace the size of a PS190? Maybe I should just stay at home and get drunk on the 4th!
Off to Texas Mastercraft to spend a small fortune!

Luckily there's a liquor store on the way!

Ric
06-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Nice day for some maintenance

tex
06-27-2006, 11:35 PM
I way overdid it today. Among all the boat chores, I had to clean all the junk out of my glove box. It had gotten wet the day I crashed and nobody was around to clean it then. I ran errands all day. It is amazing how hard every little thing is. I got so worn out that i got the dry heaves. No drinking involved.

06-27-2006, 11:37 PM
I way overdid it today. Among all the boat chores, I had to clean all the junk out of my glove box. It had gotten wet the day I crashed and nobody was around to clean it then. I ran errands all day. It is amazing how hard every little thing is. I got so worn out that i got the dry heaves. No drinking involved.
Wow Tex. you have to take it easy pal :eek: DOnt rush things. :o

Hoosier Bob
06-27-2006, 11:38 PM
I feel you Tex! I hope all is as well as can be expected. I sometimes drink for the balance! State of condition is what I always say! You have seen what I have done with Steve's pics and yours is coming soon! ;) Take care my friend!Have you ever tried to change the oil, re-do the rubber sealant in your glove box, vacuum the water out of battery compartment, and do other general maintenance on your boat while wearing a brace the size of a PS190? Maybe I should just stay at home and get drunk on the 4th!
Off to Texas Mastercraft to spend a small fortune!

Luckily there's a liquor store on the way!

LakePirate
06-27-2006, 11:39 PM
No drinking involved.

Perhaps that was the problem. :dance:

You never really know what all you do during the day until you can't do it.

tex
06-27-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm not trying to be funny! The scary thing is that I have to start a new job in a couple of weeks!

Hoosier Bob
06-27-2006, 11:41 PM
So what will that entail?I'm not trying to be funny! The scary thing is that I have to start a new job in a couple of weeks!

tex
06-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Medical recruiting. I will be working for a physician recruiting firm that has recently gotten into staffing all the other professional areas of hospitals. Positions like physical therapists, x-ray techs, radiologists, etc...

Hoosier Bob
06-27-2006, 11:56 PM
That could be a nice racket! Take them skiing, wound them, support your local surgeon and rehab them! ;) Tex you are smarter than the average bear! :D Medical recruiting. I will be working for a physician recruiting firm that has recently gotten into staffing all the other professional areas of hospitals. Positions like physical therapists, x-ray techs, radiologists, etc...

sanjuan23
06-28-2006, 12:06 AM
At Texas Mastercraft that is. I was there for a while earlier today. Just gotta give thumbs up to Andy who gave me the free packing since they screwed up and gave me the wrong one in the first place. Heck I was willing to pay, guess I am just too damn nice. Take it easy dont rush anything!

Hoosier Bob
06-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Aren't you the Devil? Aren't you used to getting screwed? :confused: At Texas Mastercraft that is. I was there for a while earlier today. Just gotta give thumbs up to Andy who gave me the free packing since they screwed up and gave me the wrong one in the first place. Heck I was willing to pay, guess I am just too damn nice. Take it easy dont rush anything!

sanjuan23
06-28-2006, 12:25 AM
Nah just liked the little picture thought I would give a break to those that might consider me that "Mr. Way to proud of Texas Guy" :D

Hoosier Bob
06-28-2006, 12:27 AM
Oh you are from Texas? Nevermind! I LOVE TEXAS! You take care you Devil you!

tex
06-28-2006, 12:28 AM
SJ, Have you met Jeff Knight. He just came back to work for them. Great guy!

sanjuan23
06-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Nope I assume he is up at the Sales office. I try to avoid that like the plauge just cause man those new boats are sweet. I have really only dealt with Tanya and Andy. Great service on me just picking up parts and them throwing the new prop on.

sanjuan23
06-28-2006, 12:31 AM
Oh you are from Texas? Nevermind! I LOVE TEXAS! You take care you Devil you!

So just migrate south sometime there are a few of us "Southern" boys that wouldnt mind a visit by some sheep loving' yooper!

tex
06-28-2006, 12:41 AM
Nope I assume he is up at the Sales office. I try to avoid that like the plauge just cause man those new boats are sweet. I have really only dealt with Tanya and Andy. Great service on me just picking up parts and them throwing the new prop on.
He used to be the service manager and left to work at Full Bore Cycles. He came back and is happy turning wrenches. He is in the new 7 bay service center(free advertising). He is on the end. Next time you are there, introduce yourself. Andy is a good guy too!

tex
06-29-2006, 05:47 PM
I just finished changing the oil, and fixing the glove box. I got sidetracked. I also loaded up part of stuff for my trip. I think that i'm close to being ready...now just got to add the better half's and kids's stuff!

Ric
06-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Tex
I intend to try the Tex's shrimp boil recipe this weekend...
Question:
the old bay seasoning I found was in a shaker can. Is that the right stuff?
When you say serve with old bay seasoning at the end there, are you saying shake it over the pile of boiled shrimp or let folks shake it onto their plateful or what?

one of my lake favorites!

5 quarts water
1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning
4 pounds small red potatoes
2 pounds kielbasa or hot smoked link sausage, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
6 ears fresh corn, halved
4 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
Old Bay seasoning
Cocktail sauce

Bring 5 quarts water and 1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning to a rolling boil in a large covered stockpot.
Add potatoes; return to a boil, and cook, uncovered, 10 minutes.

Add sausage and corn, and return to a boil. Cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

Add shrimp to stockpot; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain. Serve with Old Bay seasoning and cocktail sauce.

tex
06-30-2006, 03:35 PM
Any spice designed for shrimp boils will work. Old Bay is just the best. Yes, have it on the table for people to shake over their plate! Enjoy! Have a great weekend!

Ric
06-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Any spice designed for shrimp boils will work. Old Bay is just the best. Yes, have it on the table for people to shake over their plate! Enjoy! Have a great weekend!
Thanks!!

Same to ya

Full report next week

tex
06-30-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm off to see the Black Crowes..I'll drink one for every Eastie post while I'm gone!

east tx skier
06-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Enjoy! Be sure yell "Wiser Time! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlgORTFkCwc&search=wiser%20time) " after every song. 8p

Ric
06-30-2006, 06:32 PM
just went down to the boats and got 10-1/2lbs of nice sized shrimp with the heads off and all the seasonings for $50 it's ONNNNNN!!!!!

east tx skier
06-30-2006, 06:34 PM
MMmmmm! Shrump!

Ric
06-30-2006, 06:35 PM
golly I hope we have enough beeerrrrrrrr.

east tx skier
06-30-2006, 06:36 PM
That'll be my last stop before the lake. Course arrived this morning. Truck is packed and gassed.

Ric
06-30-2006, 06:38 PM
That'll be my last stop before the lake. Course arrived this morning. Truck is packed and gassed.
kewl,
anxious to hear how quick you get it setup the first time :D

east tx skier
06-30-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm afraid I may collapse carrying it to the dock! While very portable. It ain't exactly light.

06-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Have Fun Tex! :wavey:

06-30-2006, 10:21 PM
I will drink for you tex! :D

MarkP
07-01-2006, 01:12 AM
I'm afraid I may collapse carrying it to the dock! While very portable. It ain't exactly light.Oh, suck it up!!

tex
07-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Crowes were great! Not what I expected. The set list could have been better. No hard to handle, jealousy, etc...Remedy did rock the house. Wild time, I will post party pics later.

tex
07-01-2006, 03:45 PM
I ran across these pics on the web. Can you pick me out?

Ric
07-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Tex's shrimp boil is a hit!
We tripled the recipe and everyone was quite pleased
some deer sausage and some link sausage so that all tastes were satisfied.
Quite simple and we will be using that one again! Thanks Tex

tex
07-05-2006, 04:14 PM
That's the greatness of it! It is so simple! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

tex
07-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Today is my last day off before I have to return to work on Monday. It should be interesting. I have a bum leg, a new job, my wife is basically traveling for the next 3 weeks, and I have a new dog! It should be interesting! My leg is slowly getting better. My degree of movement was 15 to 99 when I left the PT on Friday. I go back to the doctor on Wednesday for my 1st check up in about a month. They won't be happy with the 15 but should be with the 99. I hope the 15 is lower by the time I get to the doc! What should I drink today? teKillia is not an option!

07-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Drink Water. its good for you! what does 15 to 99 mean?? is that like 25 or 6 to 4? ;)

tex
07-09-2006, 04:19 PM
That is the degrees that I can straighten our bend my knee. 0 would be a straight leg. 90 would be bent at a right angle. I'm 15 degrees from being able to straighten my leg and I'm 9 degrees past right angle. Bad one way, good the other. Reminds me of a girlfriend in college!

tex
07-13-2006, 09:20 PM
I went to the doc on Wed. Doc says I should start getting off the crutches in 2 weeks. I go back in a month and he said I should be completely off them by that date. I'm stoked. I seem a little ahead of the schedule!

Hoosier Bob
07-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Great news Tex! I am off my feet for a few anyway! Left achilles began giving me fits on my run today. Ran out and hopped back. No skiing tomorrow! SUCKS!:(

tex
07-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Screw 2 weeks! I have made several hot laps around the house today w/o the sticks!

Hoosier Bob
07-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Keep pushing but also understanding what is happening! Know where the cliff is!;) Screw 2 weeks! I have made several hot laps around the house today w/o the sticks!

tex
07-19-2006, 11:05 PM
:friday: :toast: Crutches....I don't need no stinking crutches!!!!!
I went back to the PT tonight and they were amazed at my progress(sorry for bragging Gene). I got approval to ditch the crutches for shorter outings. I was told 3 months upfront. I'm actually at 2 months and about a week. Heck, at this pace, I'll be kicking it sooner than 9-12 months! My wife is in Toronto for 2 weeks and my son is visiting grandmother in Conroe. I'm having a congratulations to me Martini by myself! Everybody p/u your glass to me!!!!! Sorry Gene!

Leroy
07-19-2006, 11:42 PM
After looking at this again Tex could ski and ice the knee at the same time! You need to move to UMP land!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/WinterSkiing2.jpg

Leroy
07-19-2006, 11:44 PM
When I had knee surgery I found biking good for flexibility and is low stress good recovery exercise.

Today is my last day off before I have to return to work on Monday. It should be interesting. I have a bum leg, a new job, my wife is basically traveling for the next 3 weeks, and I have a new dog! It should be interesting! My leg is slowly getting better. My degree of movement was 15 to 99 when I left the PT on Friday. I go back to the doctor on Wednesday for my 1st check up in about a month. They won't be happy with the 15 but should be with the 99. I hope the 15 is lower by the time I get to the doc! What should I drink today? teKillia is not an option!

tex
07-19-2006, 11:51 PM
My range improved today. I made it to single digits-9 straighting and to 136 flex! They were so happy, I was rewarded with the stationary bike ride for the first time.. I was never so happy to get on a bike in my life!

Leroy
07-20-2006, 12:00 AM
My 9" scar has a lot of rip marks where the PT took me to near normal bend range!

Ride away!

Tryin-again
07-20-2006, 12:17 AM
Tex - Kind of new here but been reading of your pain...... glad to hear things are looking up! I'm in Austin but a bud is in South Lake... He's a partner on our MC But he also has a chick boat (25' Cobalt - looking for a 3'rd X-wife) anyway - later this summer if I get up there - if you have any interest maybe you want to hook up for a boat ride and a beer.. might not be your cup of Martinis but PM me if you'd like.

tex
08-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Latest update...I left the PT yesterday at a 5. I'm really missing skiing but I'm listening to the docs. They have the big brains. Walking alot better. Got to get the range to zero. Going out of town for the anniversary trip this weekend. Should get some exercise on this trip!

Ric
08-04-2006, 01:03 AM
why does the tex thread reveal that tex has no photos, therefore no camera icon? I mean tex is a staple here and I know he has posted some great pics... why no gallery in all this time you've been crippled tex? too much bombay?

tex
08-04-2006, 09:41 PM
I don't know how to put pics in a gallery. I tried it a long time ago and screwed it up. I just got back from PT and my range of motion made it to a 3. Getting better.

sanjuan23
08-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Well get some "good" excercise this weekend. Enjoy the weekend and Anniversary and get back here healthy! We still need to hook up for a beer or six!

MarkP
08-05-2006, 12:52 AM
why does the tex thread reveal that tex has no photos, therefore no camera icon? I mean tex is a staple here and I know he has posted some great pics... why no gallery in all this time you've been crippled tex? too much bombay?
I gave up on pics too after the O Mills came to our house and decided we were too ugly to photograph.

tex
08-05-2006, 12:54 AM
I gave up on pics too after the O Mills came to our house and decided we were too ugly to photograph.

That is so wrong...my wife and son are beautiful!

MarkP
08-05-2006, 12:57 AM
That is so wrong..!But,

Sad and true:(

tex
08-05-2006, 01:01 AM
But,

Sad and true:(
At least Fiona likes me.

MarkP
08-05-2006, 01:05 AM
At least Fiona likes me.
I think I can speak for myself when I say we all do..too..

tex
08-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Thanks, I feel like Sally Field!

MarkP
08-05-2006, 01:10 AM
Thanks, I feel like Sally Field!Your not a girl too??http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/images/smilies/Image_too_slow.gif

tex
08-05-2006, 01:15 AM
No, I just wissed...still the same.

tex
08-23-2006, 02:55 PM
You guys have a great week. I have a work retreat at Lake LBJ starting today. I will get back on Friday.

east tx skier
08-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Enjoy. Just went down there two weeks ago. Pretty, but no skiiable water after 7:30 a.m.

tex
10-03-2006, 01:25 AM
I went to my 4 month check up today.

good news from the doc-ahead of schedule
bad news from the doc-we should know how this shakes out in about a year!

I get measured for what he called a more perminent brace on Friday.

I need another gin and tonic!

Leroy
10-03-2006, 07:52 AM
Glad to hear you are ahead of schedule. Celebrate and make that a double!

Hang in there Tex

tex
10-07-2006, 10:35 PM
I'll be wearing this for the rest of my life.....http://www.donjoy.com/index.asp/fuseaction/products.detail/cat/1/id/20

Hoosier Bob
10-07-2006, 10:39 PM
From now on I will call you Marino! I think that is in my near future as well! That is if the motorcycles do not kill me first. It sucks to enjoy living so much that you are very near dying! Every minute spent is a minute lost!
Hell I will probably die right here posting! What a great way to go! Here lies Hoosier, visited the SS thread and croaked!8p

tex
11-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Need some help bros. Went to PT tonight and they told me that they had made a mistake and I had exceeded my benefits by around $800. Is it their responsibility to tell me or should I know my benefits better. I would normally consider these people my friends but when I think about it...our friendship came out of previous treatments. Do I owe them this $$$ or is it their problem? Please don't pile on and give me your honest opinions before I have to discuss this with the owners. Treatment did go bad tonight and I suck and am so far away from skiing!:mad: :(

Hoosier Bob
11-01-2006, 09:50 PM
I would review my benefits and if I come to the conclusion I have overrun them I would offer a 50/50. If they say no then no problem as they get nil and future compensation will hault as treatment can be taken elsewhere. A private nurse comes to mind!

André
11-01-2006, 09:53 PM
That sucks big time Tex.:mad:
But i guess that if you went back there it's because you received good treatments the first time around.
You're an athlete and your health comes first.
Priority number one is to get your knee back in business.
800$ is nothing IF they get you back on skis,you know it...(Still sucks)
Good luck!

tex
01-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Rode my jumpers for the 1st time at our polar bear day. It was nice but reminded me how far away I am.
Sorry about the boat!

André
01-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Congrats Tex!That's just a start!
The CC got the same colors stripes as my 94 190.Strange,what year?

tex
02-03-2007, 01:28 AM
Started back at PT. They have stepped it up and are kicking my ars! IT's great! I'm still a long way away but it feels good to be sore and beat up! They started letting me do leg extensions. No pin in the machine and I can only squeeze off about 3 reps. They don't even let me extend all the way and I can still only get 3 off....What a P I am!

tex
02-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Went back to the doc this week. He ruled out any snow skiing(like I thought I actually could have). Still just stuck doing straight ahead motions. It looks like the long winter may turn into an even longer summer! On the bright side...I feel as though I'm getting stronger.

Leroy
02-16-2007, 11:29 PM
No skiing, not even with a brace? When will they know you are ok or what are they hoping for in terms of the work out ability?

tex
02-16-2007, 11:43 PM
I have a feeling it will be a summer of riding the sky ski. I might be able to carry some fat girls out on doubles but right now I don't see me foot'n or jumping!

suedv
02-17-2007, 01:16 AM
Your fat girls on doubles comment makes me smile as it reminds me of my son. He points out that he gets some of the biggest girls each year because he doesn't fall or drop them. He thinks the "rewards" go to the guys who aren't strong enough. Maybe you can have some "rewards" out of this... maybe you don't have to have the biggest girls.

However, I must say some of the "fat girls" are the nicest girls in the ski club.

tex
02-17-2007, 01:50 AM
No offense intended to any of the + girls! Heck-I would hate to carry me out!
I've carried all sizes out and the smallest were usually not the easiest!
Fat bottom girls make the rocking world go around!

tex
03-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Recovery update-Just came back from trying to run for the 1st time. Didn't happen. I just gimped for about 100 yards and it just won't work. I had to walk the rest of the time. I didn't think it would be this bad! I just mixed a martini!

tex
05-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Since this is my thread-All of you South Central Region guys...check out the tourny guide. I'm on the last page getting ready to jump with a good friend(Shout out to Michelle). I wrecked the knee later in the day. Michelle is a PT and was in the boat. She said she had never felt such fresh meat in her life.

LakePirate
05-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Hey Tex - You able to ski yet?

Haven't been on much and don't know the latest.

tex
05-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Hey Tex - You able to ski yet?

Haven't been on much and don't know the latest.
Been pretty boring lately for me. I quit my job because I was traveling so much that I was skipping Physical Therapy and not taking care of my family. I am working with my PT and a trainer to try and make some progress. If it is any reflection on my skiing this summer-I loaned my CR7 to a friend so he can make a run at winning nationals this year. I don't picture myself jumping either. I did ride my Sky Ski for the first time in about a year and a half the other day. Quick set and made my second roll. I bet I just work out, drink beer and ride my sky ski all summer. I could be in a worse place. Thanks for asking!

betsy&david Harrison
05-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Been pretty boring lately for me. I quit my job because I was traveling so much that I was skipping Physical Therapy and not taking care of my family. I am working with my PT and a trainer to try and make some progress. If it is any reflection on my skiing this summer-I loaned my CR7 to a friend so he can make a run at winning nationals this year. I don't picture myself jumping either. I did ride my Sky Ski for the first time in about a year and a half the other day. Quick set and made my second roll. I bet I just work out, drink beer and ride my sky ski all summer. I could be in a worse place. Thanks for asking!
If your friend makes it to Nationals this year, let me know so I can help out some way or another.

05-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Are you still drinking properly Tex?:confused: Ease my mind.....

tex
05-03-2007, 09:56 AM
A little java right now. But 8am is approaching!

05-03-2007, 09:58 AM
A little java right now. But 8am is approaching!
Thats my boy!!!!!:D :toast: :headbang:

LakePirate
05-03-2007, 07:32 PM

It is good to hear that you are back on the water getting towed.

Good for you to focus on family and rehab. Something sappy.

Drink a beer.

05-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Drink a beer.
Better listen to him Flounder, he is Pre-Med.:cool:

tex
05-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Thanks guys...People keep asking if it was a hard decision to make...when we thought about it...easiest decision I've made! Nothing sappy....family first!

LakePirate
05-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Thanks guys...People keep asking if it was a hard decision to make...when we thought about it...easiest decision I've made! Nothing sappy....family first!

Wasn't claiming that you were sappy....I was saying something sappy, just couldn't do it....might effect my street cred.

tex
05-03-2007, 11:59 PM
LP-You've always got lake cred with me!

LakePirate
05-04-2007, 12:02 AM
LP-You've always got lake cred with me!
Thanks .

tex
05-22-2007, 12:57 PM
MRI scheduled for 1:50 today. Am I starting over?:mad: :(

JKTX21
05-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Good luck man!

tex
05-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Good News/Bad News

Good-Everything they fixed last year appears to still be fixed!
Bad-Broken Condyle. It's the large knuckle part of your femur at your knee. 2 months with no weight on the leg. Goodbye summer again. He said that he has never seen someone have this injury after having a repair like I had. Compared it to a car crash. He cannot explain how it happened. Feels as though it just may have been my body telling me that it was not ready yet. I go back in a week for another round of x-rays. If it has not moved-No operation. If it has-He says that it will make my first operation look like child's play. Everything is very swollen. With my luck they will put me in a cast up to my f'n hip for the whole summer! Pass the shaker, it could have been worse!

05-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Bummer Tex, at least you got your shaker! my dad will sympathy drink with you. I know he will, I will ask him tonite!

M-Funf
05-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Dang, Tex...and after you just got back on the horse. That sucks!

So, what are you lookin' at here? Hip replacement?

pq2
05-22-2007, 07:15 PM
Good luck Tex, Im sorry to hear that. take care.

tex
05-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Went to the doctor today. Good news/bad news. Good news-I'll be adding to the Show us your scars thread. Bad news-I'll be adding to the Show us your scars thread.

It looks like the fracture in my condyle part of the femur has displaced. They will wait one week and see if it settles back but they don't think it will. I go back on Tuesday to get more x-rays. If it is the same, they will cut again on Wednesday. They will put 3 screws in it to stabalize it. It should be about 2-3 months on crutches(same as I was looking at). The bad part is that I will be adding a 4th incision to my left knee. Sorry-I won't win any swimsuit competitions and it's not due to a scarred up knee! I'm crutching towards the shaker!

05-29-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm crutching towards the shaker!
Tex, are there laws against drunken crutching?
:confused:

Sorry to hear this my brutha. hang in there pal!:(

LakePirate
05-29-2007, 10:24 PM
At least there is a shaker to crutch towards.

Sorry to hear about this Tex.

André
05-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Went to the doctor today. Good news/bad news. Good news-I'll be adding to the Show us your scars thread. Bad news-I'll be adding to the Show us your scars thread.

It looks like the fracture in my condyle part of the femur has displaced. They will wait one week and see if it settles back but they don't think it will. I go back on Tuesday to get more x-rays. If it is the same, they will cut again on Wednesday. They will put 3 screws in it to stabalize it. It should be about 2-3 months on crutches(same as I was looking at). The bad part is that I will be adding a 4th incision to my left knee. Sorry-I won't win any swimsuit competitions and it's not due to a scarred up knee! I'm crutching towards the shaker!
Very sorry to read this Tex.
Hope you get back on water ASAP!:toast: :steering:

betsy&david Harrison
05-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Hey Tex..hope the cupboard is well stocked for all the rehab time. Going to PT? Drink heavily!!

tex
06-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the kind words! Man, I'm bored? Anybody got some ski dvd's they can send me? I have SS.

tex
06-06-2007, 07:22 PM
I just got back from the doctor. The decided to do a Cat Scan before making the final decision about operating. It took them about 2 seconds to decide to put me under the knife. They will operate on Friday. I guess I will have to start a new, "It's Thursday and I need a drink!" thread!

JKTX21
06-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Bummer Tex, sorry to hear that. See you at Testosterone Weekend next year.

In the mean time, when are we going to eat barbeque and look at all the beautiful babies?

Sodar
06-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Thats too Bad Tex!! I know what ya mean though!! I had three shoulder surgeries within 2 years!! Got my left one finally fixed up after 2 surgeries, only to mess my right one up!!

tex
06-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Thanks Sodar-It's been a tough year. I have always been the iron skier! I usually never get hurt and this year has just totally sucked!!!! It has really been tough on my wife and son. The wife has had to wait on me like it's the olden days and my son hates having a dad who can't chase his ars around and play!

Sodar
06-06-2007, 11:55 PM
Thanks Sodar-It's been a tough year. I have always been the iron skier! I usually never get hurt and this year has just totally sucked!!!! It has really been tough on my wife and son. The wife has had to wait on me like it's the olden days and my son hates having a dad who can't chase his ars around and play!

My dad tore his ACL and MCL snowskiing when I was younger. I can remember him lifting my younger brother out of the bathtub and twisting the wrong way, only to let out the most intense yell I have ever heard... I can only imagine what you are going through. Prior to his surgery, I can remember having to hire a gardner, car detailer and handyman while he was laid up. Pretty crazy how incompacitated you are when you are injured... I guess you can just be thankful that it is only short term and that you are not going to be like that for the rest of your life!!

Good Luck! Just look forward to the day you are all healed up!

Hoosier Bob
06-07-2007, 12:10 AM
What is going on Tex? I can re read but that may take a few beers. I am drinking a Guinness as we speak. Left achilles is tearing. I almost want it to go! Right as you know ruptured 3 years ago. I am wound tight! Sodar, your refrigerator door is open!:D My dad tore his ACL and MCL snowskiing when I was younger. I can remember him lifting my younger brother out of the bathtub and twisting the wrong way, only to let out the most intense yell I have ever heard... I can only imagine what you are going through. Prior to his surgery, I can remember having to hire a gardner, car detailer and handyman while he was laid up. Pretty crazy how incompacitated you are when you are injured... I guess you can just be thankful that it is only short term and that you are not going to be like that for the rest of your life!!

Sodar
06-07-2007, 12:15 AM
Dishes are done too Bob.... ya wanna unload it for me!?!?! :D

Hoosier Bob
06-07-2007, 12:17 AM
I thought I heard two beeps? Isn't it two beeps for cycle complete and 3 beeps for dry? Of course 4 beeps for cool enough to remove and 5 beeps for they have set too long and need to be rewashed!:D Dishes are done too Bob.... ya wanna unload it for me!?!?! :D

tex
06-07-2007, 12:17 AM
My dad tore his ACL and MCL snowskiing when I was younger. I can remember him lifting my younger brother out of the bathtub and twisting the wrong way, only to let out the most intense yell I have ever heard... I can only imagine what you are going through. Prior to his surgery, I can remember having to hire a gardner, car detailer and handyman while he was laid up. Pretty crazy how incompacitated you are when you are injured... I guess you can just be thankful that it is only short term and that you are not going to be like that for the rest of your life!!

Well, add a PCL to his injury, which is the one that never tears. After that somehow I broke part of my femur off where it enters the knee. I f'n never get hurt and this year has sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I might start drinking! My mother did babysit tonight so the wife and I could have one last date before the surgery. We hit the new Trulucks in
Southlake. They made a great martini. Sitting back sipping the Syrah right now! Thanks for the kind words. I really want to ski with you guys one day!

tex
06-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Well, I just got home from the hospital. What a whip! The operation went well. They put 2 screws into my femur to stabalize it. They did not have to put one into my MCL. It had some small tearing but the doc said it was nothing to worry about. I have not had a chance to talk with the doc yet. His partner did my follow up today and he was an f-n ars-0. He just wanted to get to his golf game and did not want to help at all. It was a joke! I'm at home and have a follow up on Tuesday and his attitude will be addressed! The morphine was great and I'm trying to survive on red wine and Vikes! Again, thanks to everyone who sent me good thoughts. Keep em coming! I could use them! It's nice to be home...one night felt like 2 weeks!

fintek9
06-09-2007, 11:32 PM
welcome back tex, glad all is well. it's all down hill from here.
vikes are are friends, use them well, a shot of the jager don't
hurt either:shocked:

Hoosier Bob
06-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Sorry to hear this Tex! More injury from the jump incident last year or is this new? Man I cannot say I know how you feel but having recovered from a right achilles rupture and now the left is doing the same I can "feel your pain!" Take care Tex!:o

Toast to Vikes!

tex
06-09-2007, 11:39 PM
HB-Take care of that Achillies! I would not want to go through that!

Hoosier Bob
06-09-2007, 11:55 PM
No biggie. Kind of like a 10,000 lbs rubber band snapping under water! You take care my freind! I am going out tomorrow but no slalom(maybe). Kneeboard and wakeboard. I wish the achilles would just pop so I could get it fixed! I run and mile one or two it gives me fits. My guess is it is due to the constant frothy beverages I consume! Once agai Tex work on your cookin' as I may be heading your way! Take care!

6ballsisall
06-10-2007, 12:44 AM
Take it easy HB, TRUST ME, you don't want it to snap on you!! Mine right one popped in Junior High at a track meet. Somehow clearing a hurdle it popped, when I tried to stand up after falling down I looked down and saw a bulge about the size of a softball in my thigh. It was my Achiles..........

LONG road to recovery my friend. Go get it looked at!!

tex
06-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Getting ready to leave the hospital. My #1 nurse. She's wearing a cool MC sweatshirt!

TMCNo1
06-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Were glad to see your doing well, just hang in there and you'll be back on your feet again in no time!

tex
06-21-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm ready to scream! I'm so bored at my house and people will not leave me alone! First my mother in law has been in town and then my mother comes over to help out! It is driving me crazy! I just want some peace and quiet!

Maristar210
06-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Oh man do I hear your Tex.

I love both of my mom's but they both tend to hover and ask senile and stupid questions......

Someone needs to let both of them know the axis of the world does not actually pivot on thier rectum...... seriously :rolleyes:

tex
06-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Mine are both so nice, I just need some peace and quiet and I don't care to watch, So You Think You Can Dance! It is shameful TV, do I make you watch my porn....did I just type that aloud?

Maristar210
06-21-2007, 12:34 AM
Mine are both so nice, I just need some peace and quiet and I don't care to watch, So You Think You Can Dance! It is shameful TV, do I make you watch my porn....did I just type that aloud?

I wish you were healthy, now. We need a third like you.....

Willski
06-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Take it easy Tex, watch alot of movies, drink a lot of martinis (and other stuff, lots of time to experiment), and just enjoy some down time. I guess there is a lot worse stuff you could be ailing from. We'll try to keep you entertained.

06-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Take it easy Tex, watch alot of movies, drink a lot of martinis (and other stuff, lots of time to experiment), and just enjoy some down time. I guess there is a lot worse stuff you could be ailing from. We'll try to keep you entertained.
Listen to this man named willski. he is wise.

Thats good advice. Tex, WHile your knee surgery is not fun, and you cant be out on the water skiing, you do have to look at the flip side. your not dying of cancer or bound to a wheelchair for life breathing on a vent. We all need to be aware of what we have and not take things for granted. Good advice willski. Hang in there Tex! Good times are on the way! your knee will heal my friend. just use the time to your advantage.

Maristar210
06-21-2007, 12:06 PM

Thats good advice. Tex, WHile your knee surgery is not fun, and you cant be out on the water skiing, you do have to look at the flip side. your not dying of cancer or bound to a wheelchair for life breathing on a vent. We all need to be aware of what we have and not take things for granted. Good advice willski. Hang in there Tex! Good times are on the way! your knee will heal my friend. just use the time to your advantage.

Hey Tex,

We need a third (see the word good driver) every Wednesday at 6:00am, you up for it?

fintek9
06-21-2007, 12:28 PM

yea!..word, what UMP said..:)

tex
06-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks guys, I understand it could be worse. I do have a friend who is stage 4 cancer without much hope. He is never far from my mind and is a great reality check. He never complains and is twice the man that I am. Bi+ching is a way to keep me from going crazy! Please don't take me too seriously!

Maristar210
06-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Thanks guys, I understand it could be worse. I do have a friend who is stage 4 cancer without much hope. He is never far from my mind and is a great reality check. He never complains and is twice the man that I am. Bi+ching is a way to keep me from going crazy! Please don't take me too seriously!

Get behind the wheel. I need a pull :D :D

tex
06-21-2007, 01:29 PM
I gotta a couple of more weeks before I can drive. I did go and watch our club's ski league last night.

tex
06-25-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm so frick'n bored!

06-25-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm so frick'n bored!
Try this. UMP's prescription for boredom. IF you can drive, go to your local video rental. if you cant drive iwth your knee, get someone to. (yea, I know you dont like to be helped, but play along)

Rent these classic movies, and laugh your arse off. Laughter is an awesome healer, and passes the time!

Cheech and Chong's next movie
Cheech and Chong's Things are tough all over
The Blues Brothers
Eddie Murphy Delerious and Eddie Murphy RAW
Moving
Harold and Kumar go to white castle

Those ought to keep you going for a while. take those movies with a bombay sapphire and call me in the morning.

Dr. UMP is out. I am going to mow my lawn. :D

Ric
06-25-2007, 07:30 PM
FLETCH . ump? :noface:

06-25-2007, 07:31 PM
FLETCH . ump? :noface:
OH ****!!!!! you would be watching wouldnt you:o :o :o Sorry Ric.....

Yes, rent FLETCH!!!!

Ric
06-25-2007, 07:33 PM
geeeeeeeeeeeeeeezz

tex
06-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Now it's raining like heck and my dish is not picking up! I'm sending my wife to get the shaker! My wife just asked if some dancing show is on?

BriEOD
06-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Get rid of that dish Tex!

Ric
06-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Bri, just found out my neighbor is EOD

BriEOD
06-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Reallly...military or civlian law enforcement?

Ric
06-25-2007, 09:02 PM
dunno yet, maybe civi. Never met the guy, only met his wife. he works all over and aint home much but last weekend he had a suburban with some EOD signs and GOv plates

06-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Now it's raining like heck and my dish is not picking up! I'm sending my wife to get the shaker! My wife just asked if some dancing show is on?
Tell her its fine as long as its one of those dancing shows. you know, the kind on the PPV channels!:D

BriEOD
06-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Hmmmm....probably law enforcement.

06-25-2007, 09:03 PM
dunno yet, maybe civi. Never met the guy, only met his wife. he works all over and aint home much but last weekend he had a suburban with some EOD signs and GOv plates
Probably staking you out Ric. If I was the government, I would probably keep an eye on you too. looking in people garages and such.....

M-Funf
06-25-2007, 09:13 PM

Woohoo! After a couple of shaker-fulls, you won't care what's on :rolleyes:

tex
06-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Everything is looking up. Wife made a great martini!

JKTX21
06-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Tex, I know you have nothing to do, but sit at home right now... But PLEASE make the rain stop, I'd like to get out to the lake a couple more times before I start work!

tex
06-26-2007, 07:35 PM
It's insane! On the bright side. I got my stitches out today!