PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for another speaker question, but.....

Cariboo
06-01-2006, 11:04 AM
I had a 90 Prostar 190 that I used Infinity 6.5" (non-marine) speakers in with my Alpine deck.

I bought a 96 Prostar 205 last year that didn't have a stereo or speakers in the boat. I installed the same alpine deck in the 96 but chose to go with the Memphis 6.5's instead of the same Infinity's that I used before.

It seemed that I had to replace the Infinity's every couple of years due to corrosion. They where pretty cheap so I didn't care. But I wanted to try something that I thought would last longer this time. Memphis is not a well known brand of audio but had sounded great in my car after trying them early last year.

When I took the boat out this weekend for the first time, the memphis speakers were already distorting. I'm guessing that the speakers got wet when the dealer left the cover off to winterize last fall and to "summerize" this spring.

In an effort to avoid having to switch out speakers every year, which marine speakers should I look at and also which non-marine speakers will hold up in the boat? I have never liked the look of the white grills on marine speakers so I would have a preference for the non-marine speakers. If I could get some 6.5" marine speakers that sound as good as non-marine speakers, I may go that route this time regardless if I hate the white grills.

Sorry to those who hate repetitive questions!

erkoehler
06-01-2006, 11:10 AM
I used sony x`plode speakers in my old boat.

Mag_Red
06-01-2006, 11:41 AM
I used sony x`plode speakers in my old boat..................................and????????? ?? :confused: :D