PDA

View Full Version : Anti-sway system?

rjfenger
05-31-2006, 05:47 PM
Just curious to know how many people use anti-sway systems? If so, what kindof system? If not, why not?

Thanks,
Russ

86Craft
05-31-2006, 07:22 PM
No, because the boat is not long enough, or weighs enough to warrant it.

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 08:03 PM
I would think the only MC which might need such a device would be the 28' MC. The rest it would seem to me would be a waste??

TMCNo1
05-31-2006, 08:09 PM
Just curious to know how many people use anti-sway systems? If so, what kindof system? If not, why not?

Thanks,
Russ

Do you have a sway problem with your boat behind your tow vehicle?
What kind of tow vehicle?
What kind of boat?

PendO
05-31-2006, 08:15 PM
is this what we are talking about?

ted shred
05-31-2006, 08:43 PM
Trailers swaying is usually the result of not enough tounge weight on the trailer. Most boat trailers do not have this problem as the tounge weight is normaly 15% or more. The length has no effect whether or not a trailer will sway.

bigmac
05-31-2006, 09:35 PM
is this what we are talking about?

I think he's talking about a weight distributing hitch, like you have in the your attachment, although that one is designed for single-tongue (boat) trailers with surge brakes. WD hitches provide some positive effect on sway from traffic, crosswinds, and sudden swerves, as a side benefit to the actual weight distribution. Boat trailers generally have a low enough center of gravity and enough aerodymamicity (is that an actual word..?) that sway isn't a big deal. Tongue weight of 10% or less will exacerbate swaying, but the solution would be more tongue weight, not a weight-distributing hitch (which is actually used if there is too much tongue wieght).

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-31-2006, 09:56 PM
oops, I double posted :o read the following post :D

05-31-2006, 09:56 PM
As he blows right by the Poll rule at high speeds..... :noface:

http://childersburg.qscend.com/images/police_car10flashing%20lights.gif

(cough, cough) Uh.....excuse me sir, Did you forget something in your poll?? http://www.tsl-products.co.uk/p_images/tsl2007.jpg

What the he11 is going on around here? doesnt anyone remember the poll rule?? :confused: THats like the 3rd poll in a week thats all messed up!!!

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Looks like the high court of jrandol is about to go in session!! :D

TMCNo1
05-31-2006, 10:04 PM
UMP, you crack me up, not only do you call in the cops, but, you call for backup [double post] too. When I thought things on the site was snooring, you come to the rescue! :uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

Do they make equalizer hitches for the brain!

05-31-2006, 10:07 PM
Looks like the high court of jrandol is about to go in session!!
Rock on brutha JR!

Hear yee, hear yee, the court of the honorable Jrandol is now in SESSION!! :headbang: JR, I am charging him with reckless polling, failure to yeild a poll option, and speed polling. :eek: These are the charges, faithfully submitted, Douglass C. Neidermey....Oh wait, I meant UMP :o this 5-31-06. How do you find him? whats the sentence? :confused:

05-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Do they make equalizer hitches for the brain!

dayuumm straight they do, and I dont own even one of them!!! :woohoo: :headbang:
Good to see you no1! :wavey:

TMCNo1
05-31-2006, 10:18 PM
I think he's talking about a weight distributing hitch, like you have in the your attachment, although that one is designed for single-tongue (boat) trailers with surge brakes. WD hitches provide some positive effect on sway from traffic, crosswinds, and sudden swerves, as a side benefit to the actual weight distribution. Boat trailers generally have a low enough center of gravity and enough aerodymamicity (is that an actual word..?) that sway isn't a big deal. Tongue weight of 10% or less will exacerbate swaying, but the solution would be more tongue weight, not a weight-distributing hitch (which is actually used if there is too much tongue wieght).

It is my understanding, that early on in the design and manufacture of trailers by Mastercraft for their different models of boats, they designed the trailers with the proper weight distribution via proper axle placement based on the engine location, then designing the fenders and everything else around that to give every boat and its trailer the optimun trailering performance, including proper tongue weight. Many trailer problems are created by placing boats on generic trailers not designed for the boat. Had the chance several years ago to sit down with the trailer shop foreman @ MC and he gave me the whole trailer story.

TMCNo1
05-31-2006, 10:25 PM
dayuumm straight they do, and I dont own even one of them!!! :woohoo: :headbang:
Good to see you no1! :wavey:

I be here, just dancing around and having fun yet!

Equalizing hitch for the brain?......................A ball cap works for me, just turn the bill where it counteracts the problem, kinda like a harmonic balancer!

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 10:30 PM
Rock on brutha JR!

Hear yee, hear yee, the court of the honorable Jrandol is now in SESSION!! :headbang: JR, I am charging him with reckless polling, failure to yeild a poll option, and speed polling. :eek: These are the charges, faithfully submitted, Douglass C. Neidermey....Oh wait, I meant UMP :o this 5-31-06. How do you find him? whats the sentence? :confused:

The high court of Jrandol finds the defendant guilty of all charges and hereby sentences you to 2 years hard labor in the mines of MC searching out new materials to use in MC boats. Furthermore, poll posting must now always include the UMP option. Consider this a light sentencing, the next to dishonor the laws of this great community shall not go unpunished and the full rath of the high court shall come down on ye.

05-31-2006, 11:15 PM
The high court of Jrandol finds the defendant guilty of all charges and hereby sentences you to 2 years hard labor in the mines of MC searching out new materials to use in MC boats. Furthermore, poll posting must now always include the UMP option. Consider this a light sentencing, the next to dishonor the laws of this great community shall not go unpunished and the full rath of the high court shall come down on ye.
Better listen to him Flounder, he's Pre-Law! :eek:

;)

LakePirate
06-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Gentlemen, I am here as legal counsel for RJFENGER, being new to our community, it is within reasonable doubt that my client was unaware of the UMP and his poll starting abilities as well as the required UMP option of each poll. At this time I am requesting, on behalf of my client, that his sentence handed down from the high court of JRandol, be probated to a slap on the wrist and a complete reading of Erkle's boat buying threads. If my client were to begin another poll without the UMP option, he will report directly to the mines. Thank you for your continued support.

Hey RJFENGER - No Idea about the sway device. A little more info about tow vehicle and boat would probably help us to come up with a solution for your problem.