PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk dealers!!!!

ntidsl
05-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Okay...so there has been some dealer bashin going on and I'm not going to do that...well I'm not going to mention names because I don't agree with that but I do want to vent a little...

I bought a 2005 197 TT used, it was a promo boat. The salesman and shop guy there told me that it was just serviced and winterized. When I got the boat ready to go I noticed that the oil was absolutley filthy. With 120 hours on the boat I am sure that the oil was NEVER changed. When I started the boat up it was dry...never filled with antifreeze...oh well...but then in the water it sounded horrible in reverse...then I found a whole in my muffler leaking water in the boat!!!! What the heck...Okay so the boat wasnt winterized, no doubt, but it was drained and Mastercraft sent me a new muffler over night so whats up with the sound when I back up...still don't know...back on the trailer

So I put the new muffler on and check around on the other things that needed to be done...check trannie cooler...hmmm...is this ball of grass supposed to be in there??? Now granted I've had to do all of this without putting 2 minutes on this boat...okay..

So I had to change the oil no big deal...new filter cool...what else could go wrong...ahhh...clogged fuel filter 4th time out...yippee...

so I call the dealer..."no big deal I'll send you one right out"...never came...and he's not taking my calls...called Discount Inboard Marine, they never call back, called the local dealer and the parts manager didnt even know where the filer was supposed to go...the parts manager assumed it was the same one they used on the mercruiser engines!!! This is a mastercraft dealer!!! Okay so they order one, yes I said they ordered 1 they didnt have 1 in stock, not one!!! To make a long story short on the fuel filter I have 3 on order we'll see which one comes in first!!!

My point of all of this...warranties dont keep us on the water...improper maintenance on promo boats put us in danger when our fuel filter clogs in the middle of the river...and MasterCraft needs to train there dealers better...

Now I have a 197 TT 2005 with 130 hours on it and was wondering if anyone was interested...cause if one more thing goes wrong I'm out of boating...Its not one dealer, its not 2 dealers, its the whole industry...people get a job at a boat dealer so they have access to boats...its a shame...I didnt get into lighting so I have access to lights...but thats the case in the boat world I'm afraid...what do you guys think?

Mag_Red
05-31-2006, 04:55 PM
I've had good lucky with my dealer, but I do understand what you are saying. The same people that treat me right are the same one's that did JRandoll wrong. :(

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 05:00 PM
NT, man that boat is GORGEOUS!! I hope something breaks TODAY so you can sell it to me!! :firejump: (just kidding)

I am surprised Ski Dim didn't call you back, I think the world of Vince and Richard, they've been great to me and a big help.

I think like anything service in business seems to really be something that is lacking. Not just in boat dealerships but overall, our culture seems to be focusing more on sales growth and less on servicing and developing relationships with its customers. I run a very sales growth organization but I try hard to emphasize and see that we deliver on service to the best of our abilities. It is frustrating when you can't get service and I feel for you NT. If you need some help working on that beauty give me a buzz.

ntidsl
05-31-2006, 05:03 PM
yup...the first 2 to respond are the 2 skiing with me on monday...lol...now thats funny...fear not she'll be running like a charm by then...skied great today...even behind that BU thing...just kidding I'm not a brand basher...that water is so soft today!

ttu
05-31-2006, 05:06 PM
I have to agree with jrandol in re: to skidim. I have had wonderful luck with them in the past.

I don't have a mc, but purchased a wb boat last december with a hour on it. Knock on wood no problems, but ended up having to change out tower speakers because the ones they added did not fit right. Think they might have noticed that the lights on the speaker bar were shooting 20 degree upward. Anyway ended up having to spend some cash on shipping and having the new ones wired.

Now I am trying to get a price and maybe order a tower mirror. 7 emails and finally called and spoke to someone in parts. I will have to call you back with the price. (May 5th) and still have not heard.

Seems "some" dealers just want to get the boat out the door and then it's oh well.

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 05:07 PM
yup...the first 2 to respond are the 2 skiing with me on monday...lol...now thats funny...fear not she'll be running like a charm by then...skied great today...even behind that BU thing...just kidding I'm not a brand basher...that water is so soft today!

Stop it! Your killing me talking about skiing NT!! :eek: I haven't been out in days and I have the itch BAD!!!

I'd think Jodi Fischer might not want to ski behind one of them Bu's cuz the driver couldn't keep it in the course!! :uglyhamme

PendO
05-31-2006, 05:08 PM
Honestly, what I think ... get on the phone to the people at MC in Vonore or get the telephone # for the district rep / regional sales manager ... the last thing they want is for your boat to be running (not running) crappy.

After the recent thread about dealers and communications, I felt it to be the appropriate time to introduce myself to this forum and to other viewing MasterCraft Owners. As the number of MasterCraft owners has increased, the decision has been made to create a new department called Owner Relations. Essentially, as manager of this new department, I will be monitoring both calls and emails to help our owners tackle any questions concerning their MasterCrafts. The Owner Relations Department will take your calls / emails, do the leg work to get you an answer and call you back with that information. Although we will work with you and your dealer to encourage the dealer/owner relationship, ultimately we want to ensure that our owners are taken care of and are receiving the service they expect and deserve. Please know that we are not looking to backdoor any of our dealers; we want to give them the support they need to enable them to take care of you. As I mentioned, I will also be monitoring all questions that come across the contact us page of Team Talk. I will forward some of these questions as they pertain to specific departments such as Team MasterCraft, Pro Shop, Website, & Athletes and events. Emails about parts, warranty & service will be dealt with as stated above.

In addition, I would like to involve you. Even though I have built very good relationships with all of the various departments in the plant and know who to go to to get answers, my hope would be that upon being faced with a question or issue that is tough to answer, I could post that on Team Talk to get input from all of you (no owners identity will be revealed on these posts). We have already referred several people to this site due to the valuable knowledge that is found here, especially for owners of the older boats. So if you see a post by MC Owner Relations– that is me.

Finally, I would hope that the Owner Relations Department would be a valuable resource for you as owners. In order for this new service to be successful, I would be interested to know what your past frustrations have been regarding communication with the factory. Was it that you had trouble getting through to us, spoke to the wrong person, no call back, etc? The bottom line is this: We do not want to just answer the phone to aimlessly hear complaints but rather we want to facilitate a reasonable resolution in order to ensure that you are not only a satisfied MasterCraft owner now but that you will always be a satisfied MasterCraft owner.

Greg Clower
Owner Relations Manager

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=126782&postcount=1

click on the link in his name, send him a PM and an Email!

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 05:08 PM
Seems "some" dealers just want to get the boat out the door and then it's oh well.

Otherwise known as the "wham bam thank you ma'am" sales methodology. :rolleyes:

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 05:12 PM
As Pendo said Mr. Clowers is the fazzizle snizzle! Give him a ring a ling ling if you need some help. Otherwise I KNOW Mike in Charlotte would help you out, he is the shiznit too.

PendO
05-31-2006, 05:12 PM
Or, if you dont want to PM Mr. Clower

Try this link: http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sendmessage.php

and try this link

http://www.mastercraft.com/index.php?znfAction=ContactUsForm&contactWith_f=Warranty

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 05:15 PM
NT

I think you, Mag Red and I should open a MC ONLY dealership and kick some arse together. It would be fun, we'd hopefully make a few bucks and could be a good business.

Mag_Red
05-31-2006, 05:17 PM
NT

I think you, Mag Red and I should open a MC ONLY dealership and kick some arse together. It would be fun, we'd hopefully make a few bucks and could be a good business.They could use one at Lake Cumberland :D Not even sure if Lexington has one..........hmmmmmmm

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 05:22 PM
They could use one at Lake Cumberland :D Not even sure if Lexington has one..........hmmmmmmm

I'm not kidding about the idea'r.............

JimN
05-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Call MC, tell them who the dealer is, what they said, what they delivered and who the managers are. Get the owner's name if you can, or better yet, talk to him before anything else happens. If you had the bad service with him at the center of the CF, even worse for him. Don't call MC and start in without having documentation. Get all of this is writing and you'll have bigger ammo than without. Names, dates, promises made and kept/broken. This sounds like a new dealer and they haven't been to training yet. I'm not going to defend them but that's what it sounds like to me.

There's absolutely no reason ntidsl should have to go any farther than his local dealer for this. Customer service will make or break this guy and at this point, it's not looking very good. That clump of weeds could have caused a complete engine failure and that wouldn't be covered under warranty.

Speaking of which, the muffler with the hole- did it look like it melted or was it just a crack? If it melted, it may have already overheated and you need to have them hook it up for diagnostics. If it registers an overheat, get the dealer to cover whatever goes wrong in the future (in writing) or maybe get into a different boat. If the boat itself is to your liking, they could repower it and you'll have a fresh motor.

jmyers
05-31-2006, 05:37 PM
Just a quick note about Ski Dim, Vince and Richard are the best!!! Call them again and give them a chance to work with you, I promise someday their knowledge and service will be very helpfull!! I have worked through so many things with these guy's and they have ALWAYS been there!!! :worthy:

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 05:42 PM
As I go back and think about it, I do remember Skidim being a little slow (next day or two) to return vmail's on their general line. You might try and catch them during business hours. I spoke to a lady there who I think might have been Vince's wife, she is really nice and will expedite them getting to you.

G-man
05-31-2006, 05:56 PM
With all that you have said about this boat I would change the impeller and the transmission fluid. Soulds like the boat wasn't taken out on the lake by you before giving them any money. Good luck I hope your on the water soon.

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 06:04 PM
With all that you have said about this boat I would change the impeller and the transmission fluid. Soulds like the boat wasn't taken out on the lake by you before giving them any money. Good luck I hope your on the water soon.

I can attest to NT's boat and will be the first to say his boat was the one that inspired me to get a 197. Its the fazzizle snizzle and drove AWESOME when I drove it :headbang:

JimN
05-31-2006, 06:37 PM
Why go to SkiDim when everything mentioned is either under warranty or should have been done by the dealer? The parts from SkiDim won't be covered by warranty and neither will the labor. Contact the dealership owner and have them make it right. If they don't, MC should get a call. The dealer should put yours at the front of the line and as I said about a dealer who was overwhelmed by all of the service boats, it's his problem if there's too much work coming in, not the customer's. If he can't find qualified people in the area, he should either go slightly out of it or find and train some who will be worth the time and expense. There has to be a bunch of high school age gearheads who can do some of this stuff and some of them would probably love to do something like this. The major things should be left to the head mechanic. If the head mechanic doesn't know anything about injection or MC in particular, that dealership is screwed. The only ones screwed worse will be the customers who bought boats with the understanding that the dealer was qualified to take care of: A) customers and B) Mastercraft boats.

PendO
05-31-2006, 06:53 PM
I'd listen to JimN - word has it he was once a moderator:)

And helped me fix an issue on our boat last spring:) JimN is Da Man!

Why go to SkiDim when everything mentioned is either under warranty or should have been done by the dealer? The parts from SkiDim won't be covered by warranty and neither will the labor. Contact the dealership owner and have them make it right. If they don't, MC should get a call. The dealer should put yours at the front of the line and as I said about a dealer who was overwhelmed by all of the service boats, it's his problem if there's too much work coming in, not the customer's. If he can't find qualified people in the area, he should either go slightly out of it or find and train some who will be worth the time and expense. There has to be a bunch of high school age gearheads who can do some of this stuff and some of them would probably love to do something like this. The major things should be left to the head mechanic. If the head mechanic doesn't know anything about injection or MC in particular, that dealership is screwed. The only ones screwed worse will be the customers who bought boats with the understanding that the dealer was qualified to take care of: A) customers and B) Mastercraft boats.

rodltg2
05-31-2006, 07:03 PM
i think people considering purchasing a TT boat need to be very careful, there seems to be a handful of them purchased by memebrs of this board with problems right off the bat. i may be wrong but i think the first owners , knowing that they get a new boat every year, just dont maintain them very well. just use and abuse them, pull a crap load of tournaments and then sell them..

Jim@BAWS
05-31-2006, 07:17 PM
Actually Tournament Team members are pretty much anal owners.
The original statement about the oil not being changed is possible. 120 on oil is not alot but it should be changed every 50 or so.

The TT boats are susposed to be in top performing order and ready at a moments notice for use at a tourament. These boat are always ready for resale at the end of the season. Some dealers opt to purchase from the TT members others do not. Why would a owner who knows he needs to sell his old boat before he gets his new TT boat not maintain it properly? The train if thought that they are not maintained does not jive at all. TT members are scrutinized by there local TT rep and ARE NOT invited back unless they qualify for the following year. TT boats are usually a SCREAMING deal for the next owner and are VERY UNIQUE...usually 100 or so are made per year.

Hope this clears up some confusion...You can't believe everything you read on the internet

Jim@BAWS

PendO
05-31-2006, 07:17 PM
Ridden Hard - Put Away Wet - not good for horses, and not good for boats!

rodltg2
05-31-2006, 07:23 PM
The original statement about the oil not being changed is possible. 120 on oil is not alot but it should be changed every 50 or so.

The TT boats are susposed to be in top performing order and ready at a moments notice for use at a tourament. These boat are always ready for resale at the end of the season. Some dealers opt to purchase from the TT members others do not. Why would a owner who knows he needs to sell his old boat before he gets his new TT boat not maintain it properly? The train if thought that they are not maintained does not jive at all. TT members are scrutinized by there local TT rep and ARE NOT invited back unless they qualify for the following year. TT boats are usually a SCREAMING deal for the next owner and are VERY UNIQUE...usually 100 or so are made per year.

Hope this clears up some confusion...You can't believe everything you read on the internet

Jim@BAWS

im sure MOST tournament team members are anal and maintain them well. but out of 100 there could be some that dont.. i just think you need to take the same precautions as you would buying any used boat and not feel that since the boat is TT that is will be perfect..

meggsy1221@aol.com
05-31-2006, 07:33 PM
I'm also looking for a knowlegeble dealer in the North West,I'm from canada and the nearest dealer is cluless as to my questions.

thanks
Barry

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 07:41 PM
This was just a suggestion I had and MC can openly tell me to shut up if they want and I will. It seems like maybe it would make sense for MC to do more checkups and surveys on their dealers as it pertains to the end users. In the end, if the end user has a bad experience it's unlikely they'll buy another MC product when the time comes and obviously MC doesn't want that. I am assuming they do some sort of survey for folks that buy new boats maybe you all can confirm this? It would make sense somehow to get in touch with folks whom have had experience with dealers that own USED boats too. ALot of those used boat owners might be the next generation buyers of NEW MC boats.

Just food for thought thats all...........

jmyers
05-31-2006, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=JimN]Why go to SkiDim when everything mentioned is either under warranty or should have been done by the dealer? The parts from SkiDim won't be covered by warranty and neither will the labor.

I didn't mean to go to Ski Dim for MC warranty issue's (which should have never happened!) But did want to clear up any confusion with the service of Ski Dim they are one of the best in the buisness for off site parts, service, and info!! At least they know what they are doing!! :rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
05-31-2006, 08:03 PM
I agree that TT boats could be in need of some service. Maybe any boat traded or purchased would qualify for that statement. It is in the dealers best interest to perform a consistant maintanence check on every boat acquired. No boat should go from trade in, auction or fleet purchase to the "front Row" without a thorough and well documented inspection and recon. If all these items were done, even an oil change there should be a R O (repair order) to track costs and you should be able to see it. Not many dealers go throwing money at boats without tracking the $$. Sales and service are usually supported independently. Sounds like the boats in question are not being made sale ready. JIM what kind of inspection recon service is performed at BAWS? This may explain why you have not had these issues.

ntidsl
05-31-2006, 08:24 PM
Hoosier Bob hit the nail on the head!!! The boat should have been looked at thoroughly. They obvously didnt even check the oil!!!

And further more, the dealer is 2 hours away...who wants to drive 2 hours there, 2 hours back then pick it up sometime before Friday 2 hours each way again!!! All of this before picking up Jodi Fisher, a MC skier, for a weekend ski clinic.

The muffler was just thin in one spot and was leaking...no damage donw only because I'm nuts and I look at everything with a fine tooth comb. But if I wasnt his way I wouldnt have realized until too late on a few of these things!!!

What do I do? I guess I contact the MC rep and have a talk and see if they can help me at all. At this point I have to pull 25 people skiing a course this weekend and need to get a new fuel filter. Oh hey by the way...a local dealer did find one late this afternoon so tomorrow I should be fixed...lets hope!!!

And as far as warranty...who knows if I even have one...the same dealer who sold me the boat and told me that the boat was just serviced and winterized is the same guy who told me I have a full warranty!!!!!!

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 08:30 PM
Hoosier Bob hit the nail on the head!!! The boat should have been looked at thoroughly. They obvously didnt even check the oil!!!

And further more, the dealer is 2 hours away...who wants to drive 2 hours there, 2 hours back then pick it up sometime before Friday 2 hours each way again!!! All of this before picking up Jodi Fisher, a MC skier, for a weekend ski clinic.

The muffler was just thin in one spot and was leaking...no damage donw only because I'm nuts and I look at everything with a fine tooth comb. But if I wasnt his way I wouldnt have realized until too late on a few of these things!!!

What do I do? I guess I contact the MC rep and have a talk and see if they can help me at all. At this point I have to pull 25 people skiing a course this weekend and need to get a new fuel filter. Oh hey by the way...a local dealer did find one late this afternoon so tomorrow I should be fixed...lets hope!!!

And as far as warranty...who knows if I even have one...the same dealer who sold me the boat and told me that the boat was just serviced and winterized is the same guy who told me I have a full warranty!!!!!!

Oh man! Don't tell me we might have to ski behind a bu! Just kidding Doug!

Sorry to hear of your frustrations!
You still have one bad arse looking boat!

bepresto
05-31-2006, 10:11 PM
I also agree with hoosier. I am also on my second promo boat, which we still have both of them. Both are in great condition and run just like the day they left the shop for the first time. In both cases we spoke with the promo owners to make sure that proper maintenence was done on the boats. Another thing that we made sure of was that an oil change had been done and also the transmission fluid has been changed and also a good detail job before we took delivery. I would buy another tt boat in a heartbeat. When buying tt boats, people just need to make sure that everything is fixed before taking delivery.

Hoosier Bob
05-31-2006, 10:28 PM
BP, a few pictures would be really sweet! ;) Thw money shot could be both in the same frame! Help me out I am barely in the 90's!I also agree with hoosier. I am also on my second promo boat, which we still have both of them. Both are in great condition and run just like the day they left the shop for the first time. In both cases we spoke with the promo owners to make sure that proper maintenence was done on the boats. Another thing that we made sure of was that an oil change had been done and also the transmission fluid has been changed and also a good detail job before we took delivery. I would buy another tt boat in a heartbeat. When buying tt boats, people just need to make sure that everything is fixed before taking delivery.

ntidsl
06-01-2006, 09:12 AM
heres a copy of an email I shot out earlier today...We'll see what happens!!!
I have eliminated some names to protect the innocent or guilty

XXXXX,

Hey bud…I want to start out by thanking you and XXXX for all the help with the new boat okay!!! But I do have some concerns. I have spoken with a few people and they have encouraged me to talk with you guys. When I bought that boat I was told that the maintenance had just been done on that boat. I was fine with the hole in the muffler…anybody could have missed that. But then when I found the very very dirty oil and the golf ball size wod of grass in the tranny cooler I got very concerned. Now with the clogged fuel filter after 10 hours, if that’s what is wrong , I realize I have done more maintenance to the boat than I have used it. All of this should have been done prior to me picking the boat up. Agreed? If I wouldn’t have ben so anal about checking everything over and over I would have trashed that engine thinking it was ready to go. Now I have major concerns about the integrity of the boat. Have I damaged the tranny? Did the oil ever get changed in that boat??? Old oil sitting in an engine over a winter can cause serious concerns alone.

Now, I want to go back and tell you, your service has been excellent!!! I am happy with you and XXXX but we need to talk about you guys looking at this boat sometime soon and fixing anything that may be wrong. I want you to look at the fuel pump, now that the filter has clogged, which I am waiting on the filter to see if that’s the problem. I want you to check the tranny and the whole cooling system for any additional blockages. And anything else you think should be serviced based on what was not done over the winter. Is that doable? At this point I have to pull a clinic this weekend but I’d like to get this taken care of soon, okay?

Thanks!!!

Doug

captain planet
06-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Okay...so there has been some dealer bashin going on and I'm not going to do that...
Now I have a 197 TT 2005 with 130 hours on it and was wondering if anyone was interested......what do you guys think?

How much for the boat????

ntidsl
06-01-2006, 10:01 AM
if its not running by the weekend we'll talk!

Thrall
06-01-2006, 10:05 AM
ntidsl,
Regarding the fuel filter.....my boat's only a '96, but the filter on it (lt-1) is a standard automotive GM filter. Is yours MC specific?

ntidsl
06-01-2006, 10:12 AM
its not just a fuel filter, I need the gaskets and the o rings etc....the local dealer gave me the filter and didnt even realize that I ned the gaskets...goof balls!

MYMC
06-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Just saw this thread...sorry we have been slammed busy.

I don't know what else to say but if I can help let me know.

bepresto
06-01-2006, 11:39 AM
do not have any together, will work on that in a few weeks.

bepresto
06-01-2006, 11:40 AM
and the 2003

Leroy
06-01-2006, 12:29 PM
I'll just go on record that I think most of these dealer problems are communication, you know like the game of 10 people in a circle and pass a message around. For the fuel filter, should ntidsl have asked if he needed anything more....should the dealer asked if he had gaskets and tools to replace and does he have gauge to confirm the correct fuel pressure afterwards??? Should the dealer assume if you ask for fuel filter you know what you are doing.....Ntidsl asked for fuel filter and got it, dealer probably thinks happy customer had the filter in stock must know what he is doing asking for this.

I'm not saying NTIDSL or Jeff or others that complain about their dealers is right of wrong, or the dealer is right or wrong, but dealing with the public at the retail and service level is very challenging. Clearly some dealers are better than others, and there are some bad apples. I hope the communication back with MC like JimN suggested has good results!

ntidsl
06-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Okay...just For The Record...the Dealer Who Was Supposed To Get The Filter And Gaskets Out, The Dealer I Bought My Boat From Still, Thursday Had Not Got The Filter Out!!! They Thoght They Sent It Tuesday And Then Stop Taking My Calls And Emails!!! I Have A Clinic This Weekend With Jodi Fisher And I Have 2 Mailbus At My Use!!! Great!!! One Without Perfect Pass!!! Dealers Drop The Ball, They Do It Constantly And We Pay For It...

ntidsl
06-01-2006, 01:46 PM
I Even Saved The Oil!!! Lol...i Just Remembered That...lol...

rodltg2
06-01-2006, 01:47 PM
you should make the dealer give you a loaner boat, that bs. you will want 2 boats for a clinic. 1 w/o pp is no bueno.

ntidsl
06-01-2006, 01:57 PM
The Dealer Wont Return My Calls Or My Emails...im Dead In The Water Here Man...

Uggghhh!

MYMC
06-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Call me and we'll get you whatever you need and worry about it after the tourney.

ntidsl
06-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Jim at BAWS is taking care of it...and is overnighting me the whole fuel pump assembly!!! he didnt want to take a chance with just a fuel filter!!! he's the man!!!!!!

ntidsl
06-01-2006, 02:18 PM
thanks for the offer MYMC!!!!

Jim@BAWS
06-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Got it out overnight...same scenario as MYMC. Worry about it next week. Good Luck with your clinic...Leave the Bu on the beach, trailer or lift.

Jim@BAWS

G-man
06-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Once again Jim proves how dealer service can make a brand look great.

Other dealers not to be named need to figure this out.

MYMC
06-01-2006, 07:26 PM
thanks for the offer MYMC!!!!
Your welcome, sorry to hear about your troubles.

ntidsl
06-01-2006, 07:31 PM
I am going to unload this boat and get out of boating as soon as this weekend is over though...I can't deal with the industry any more and I'm getting out...2005 197 TT with 130 hours, clarion receiver MB quart 6.5", 750 watt 5 channel kicker amp and a 10" j/l sub...sirius and ipod hook up. If anyone is interested.

rodltg2
06-01-2006, 07:40 PM
i dont get it, your hosting a clinic and then sellling your boat to get out of the boating industry? are you giving up skiing too?

Hoosier Bob
06-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Wow! I guess that answers my question as to how Jim takes care of his, I mean others customers! :D Go BAWS!Once again Jim proves how dealer service can make a brand look great.

Other dealers not to be named need to figure this out.

Ric
06-01-2006, 07:53 PM
i dont get it, your hosting a clinic and then sellling your boat to get out of the boating industry? are you giving up skiing too?
I dont either
I understand the frustration, BELIEVE ME!
BUT, dropping the industry is something I'd expect from a newbie who didnt want the hassle, but a skier? A tournament host? what is the story ?

6ballsisall
06-01-2006, 08:07 PM
I am going to unload this boat and get out of boating as soon as this weekend is over though...I can't deal with the industry any more and I'm getting out...2005 197 TT with 130 hours, clarion receiver MB quart 6.5", 750 watt 5 channel kicker amp and a 10" j/l sub...sirius and ipod hook up. If anyone is interested.

We need to talk quick NT!!

ntidsl
06-01-2006, 09:32 PM
I have so much going on right now, my busines is too big, my yard is too big, my house is too big, I have a boy going on 3 and trying to maintain everything is killing me. I have a boat to relax on and to ski on not to work on. My past 2 boats thats all I have done on them...work...There has been no relaxation assocaited with either boat. Both were one year old, both were supposedly maintained, and both were pains in the arse...I got enough going on to worry about a boat right now. Everyone I ski with has a boat; I can still be a member at the lake and ski whenever I want as long as I have 5 gallons of gas and help the guys wipe their boats down...now when if I can find a dealer close to me that will get my boat in the shop quickly and get it back to me I will do that but that will happen when I either move down in BAWs area or when monkeys fly out my butt...This winter 'I bought my dream ski boat and it became a nightmare I'm sorry to say!

6ballsisall
06-01-2006, 09:38 PM
I have so much going on right now, my busines is too big, my yard is too big, my house is too big, I have a boy going on 3 and trying to maintain everything is killing me. I have a boat to relax on and to ski on not to work on. My past 2 boats thats all I have done on them...work...There has been no relaxation assocaited with either boat. Both were one year old, both were supposedly maintained, and both were pains in the arse...I got enough going on to worry about a boat right now. Everyone I ski with has a boat; I can still be a member at the lake and ski whenever I want as long as I have 5 gallons of gas and help the guys wipe their boats down...now when if I can find a dealer close to me that will get my boat in the shop quickly and get it back to me I will do that but that will happen when I either move down in BAWs area or when monkeys fly out my butt...This winter 'I bought my dream ski boat and it became a nightmare I'm sorry to say!

Take a breather Doug. Your a busy fella. I bet if you get this past you (current problems) you'll have many a seasons without problems on your hands. As much as I'd love to have your boat I'd hate to see you get rid of it. YOu have much to be proud of there! Besides, how you gonna get up to the Aurora gas station without a boat!! :D

ntidsl
06-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Oh i got a tooner...I mean a cooler on water with a 75 horsepower outboard engine on it...you aint got a tooner??? :eek:

6ballsisall
06-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Oh i got a tooner...I mean a cooler on water with a 75 horsepower outboard engine on it...you aint got a tooner???

Nope and don't want one!! :uglyhamme

Aint Pontoons like the fat chicks and mopeds? THere fun until your friends catch you riding them!! :uglyhamme

Leroy
06-01-2006, 09:52 PM
How can a dealer do this? What can he be thinking?

The Dealer Wont Return My Calls Or My Emails...im Dead In The Water Here Man...

Uggghhh!

Waketn
06-01-2006, 10:48 PM

Dude... calm down!! I am sure that the rest of the season will be great for you. Dont. just give up on it. If you are pulling tournies and stuff, the industry needs you around!! :toast:

6ballsisall
06-01-2006, 10:57 PM
If you are pulling tournies and stuff, the industry needs you around!! :toast:

Tru Dat!! :twocents:

Ric
06-02-2006, 01:18 AM
Tru Dat!! :twocents:
jr, you buying his boat?

6ballsisall
06-02-2006, 01:24 AM
jr, you buying his boat?

Nah probably not. It is gorgeous though. Honestly I hope he decides to keep it, so I can ski on it more! :D

erkoehler
06-02-2006, 01:27 AM

I sure hope you don't do that, as many others have already stated. Jim sounds like he has got you setup this time, but if there is ever anything that Jim or MYMC can't get there hands on right away (doubtful) feel free to give Chicago MasterCraft a call.

PendO
06-02-2006, 02:59 AM
Got it out overnight...same scenario as MYMC. Worry about it next week. Good Luck with your clinic...Leave the Bu on the beach, trailer or lift.

Jim@BAWS

Looks like congrats are in order to Jim@Baws ... hope the new fuel pump works out!

I'm sure there are other dealers out there like Jim and Mike .... but you both go above and beyond helping out Mastercraft customers, even when they are not in your Zip code ... thanks for the help!

ntidsl
06-02-2006, 08:40 AM
First of all, I am not puling a tourney, its a clinic, but all the same; I am giving back to the ski world and try to get people more involved. but at this point my either 1 of 2 things are going...my sanity or my boat...true dat...as someone says on here...

A few of you have encouraged me to contact mastercraft and I have PM'd this MR. Clower with no response and used the contact us form as well, both very early yesterday... No response yet, but they are probably at the Clash of the Titans.

I dont even know which icon to use here so here it goes

:mad: :noface: :(

ski_king
06-02-2006, 09:10 AM
I thought there was a link on the main page to contact MasterCraft Owners Relations. It would be nice, so you don't have to search for this (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=6433). A phone number would be nice also.

If this information is on here and I am too blind to see it, I apologize.

ntidsl
06-02-2006, 09:16 AM
there is a link somewhere and I followed it and filled out the form. The number listed was a fax number.

6ballsisall
06-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Greg will get in touch with you. He was prompt to respond to my issue.

ntidsl
06-02-2006, 11:32 AM
he pm'd me back and told me he'll try to get a hold of me later today...

got the new pump, doesnt fit, the pump manufacturer drill the holes off about 1/16" of an inch all the way around :eek: :eek: :eek:

We are boat less!!!

Okay ERk you guys feel like pulling a clinic???

And Jrandol, give me your offer...it'll be running for you, trust me...I'm wrapping it up, taking it to the dealer I bought it from and if he' won't take it back, its yours!

Like Milk said..."I'm out"

RobertT
06-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Man I am so sorry. This is just a bummer.

Ric
06-02-2006, 11:43 AM
I hate it for you nti, but if memory serves, you are playing it right by saying you are out. I think we all remember the pink seats thread and his case was farrr less valid than yours

erkoehler
06-02-2006, 11:44 AM
You've got my cell, call me....we'll work something out.

ntidsl
06-02-2006, 11:47 AM
okay let have fun now...woohoo...check this out...so i give up on the new pump and go back to the old pump...trying to get the old filter off and all these plastic shaving come out of the pump...they are big opague pieces of plastic each about the size of a dime...they are all over in the pump assembly...what the? how did those get in there...oh yeah the filter only strains the bottom half...well crap...those things could be all over the fuel system, right? what the???

okay so I am beyond mad, frustrated...i have move to amused...

jrandol sorry bud you aint buying this boat...MC or the dealer is getting this back brother...

you should smell my warehouse...I love the smell of gas!!!

Hey if someone cant come up with a boat by monday i have to cancel monday. I'm sorry, but the mus are being used all day saturday and sunday and I cant ask those guys if we can use them for monday too...Erk if we can use that x7 then I'll come get it so i can calibrate is at 6am monday, is that cool?

ntidsl
06-02-2006, 11:48 AM
pink seats...i dont know that one...let me do a search for that...holy cow...i think that gas got to my head, did you say pink seats???

ntidsl
06-02-2006, 11:51 AM
at least i got my sense of humor back...okay the boat is closed up...I got to get my real work done now...I have a business to run...hopefully someone is running MCs...

erkoehler
06-02-2006, 11:55 AM
NTIDSL, PM at you.....

Diesel
06-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Just a suggestion, can't you swap the guts of the fuel pump with the mounting plate that fits? Then flush the lines from the shrader valve back and see what happens. Hopefully the plastic pieces are just remnants of the blown pump and did not go any further. You should be able to see any other pieces in the tank which can be removed.

Good luck :)

ntidsl
06-02-2006, 12:09 PM
no time any more...its wrapped up and going to the dealer, hopefully for good...its all good....2 people to give thanks to...Jim at Baws who went baws out and overnighted me everything I would have needed and Erk who is bringing in a boat for use on monday!!!

Thanks fellas!!!!

Workin' 4 Toys
06-02-2006, 12:13 PM
no time any more...its wrapped up and going to the dealer, hopefully for good...its all good....2 people to give thanks to...Jim at Baws who went baws out and overnighted me everything I would have needed and Erk who is bringing in a boat for use on monday!!!

Thanks fellas!!!!
Well, it's sad to see.....

Waketn
06-02-2006, 12:23 PM
:cry: ..........

6ballsisall
06-02-2006, 12:44 PM
We need to chill in between sets :D

Its all good my brutha

ntidsl
06-02-2006, 12:54 PM
jeff i got bad new bud...the boat erk has is a wakeboard set up boat, no magnets and no switch...I am about 2 seconds away from cancelling monday...this is soooo embarassing...I have to talk to jodi fisher who is going to kill me but oh well...we cant be running a course without digital PP. we can do without the switch but have you even pulled a 190 lb guy skiing 38 or 39 off through a course??? its not the easiest thing to do, without the proper set is not only impossible but dangerous to the skier!!!

6ballsisall
06-02-2006, 12:58 PM
jeff i got bad new bud...the boat erk has is a wakeboard set up boat, no magnets and no switch...I am about 2 seconds away from cancelling monday...this is soooo embarassing...I have to talk to jodi fisher who is going to kill me but oh well...we cant be running a course without digital PP. we can do without the switch but have you even pulled a 190 lb guy skiing 38 or 39 off through a course??? its not the easiest thing to do, without the proper set is not only impossible but dangerous to the skier!!!

All that extra stuff is overrated ;) We need to ski dude! :firejump:

Someone FEdex overnight us a boat!! :D

ntidsl
06-02-2006, 01:04 PM
you know if sometone from MC would actually call we could probably round one up

6ballsisall
06-02-2006, 01:09 PM
you know if sometone from MC would actually call we could probably round one up

Call Greg Clowers at MC, he is the fazzizle Snizzle, as is Jason Boertje (sp??)

bcampbe7
06-02-2006, 01:09 PM
All that extra stuff is overrated ;) We need to ski dude! :firejump:

Someone FEdex overnight us a boat!! :D

PP wasn't around years ago and people slalomed just fine.
This is a clinic not a competition, right? You can still work on skier technique without PP, IMHO... :twocents:

I think everyone will have fun either way.

erkoehler
06-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Ntidsl,

PM at you....

6ballsisall
06-02-2006, 01:14 PM
This is a clinic not a competition, right? You can still work on skier technique without PP, IMHO... :twocents:

TRU DAT!! Let's go Old school!! I wonder if I still have my old Obrien vest from the 80's??? :uglyhamme

ttu
06-02-2006, 01:17 PM
cool, then i will grab my jobe professional.

ntidsl
06-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Greg Klower is the one who told me he'd try to get ahold of me later today...and I keep getting his voicemail...meetings...I'll et youguys know by tonite...Hern has a boat with magnets and PP whcih they may let us have for the weekend...keep monday open at this point...I'll call you tomorrow...I have got work piling up in the meanwhile bud!

erkoehler
06-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Greg Klower is the one who told me he'd try to get ahold of me later today...and I keep getting his voicemail...meetings...I'll et youguys know by tonite...Hern has a boat with magnets and PP whcih they may let us have for the weekend...keep monday open at this point...I'll call you tomorrow...I have got work piling up in the meanwhile bud!

Doug,

I refuse to ski behind a hern boat!

6ballsisall
06-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Doug,

:woohoo: :woohoo: :purplaugh

PendO
06-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Doug,

If it is a new boat do you have to live in their zip code to ski behind it?

Man, you guys can borrow my boat ... it has the magnets and such, and I have no idea how to even use them ... then again, I live a little too far away, but the offer stands!

erkoehler
06-02-2006, 02:41 PM
If it is a new boat do you have to live in their zip code to ski behind it?

Man, you guys can borrow my boat ... it has the magnets and such, and I have no idea how to even use them ... then again, I live a little too far away, but the offer stands!

Magnets are not needed for a ski clinic. PP is accurate as hell on its own.

rodltg2
06-02-2006, 02:44 PM

true , but not too many drivers around that can drive within tolerances by hand anymore. you definatley would want it even more for a clinic. for one, tournament rated drivers can probably pull actuals. second if your trying to learn new techniques and someone hammers you coming around the ball, its all lost...
also i'd like to see you try and drive jodi fisher within tolerances.

you can get by without the magnet pick up , pp alon will be fine us the smart timer or a stop watch to calibrate.

erkoehler
06-02-2006, 02:48 PM
true , but not too many drivers around that can drive within tolerances by hand anymore. you definatley would want it even more for a clinic. for one, tournament rated drivers can probably pull actuals. second if your trying to learn new techniques and someone hammers you coming around the ball, its all lost...
also i'd like to see you try and drive jodi fisher within tolerances.

you can get by without the magnet pick up , pp alon will be fine us the smart timer or a stop watch to calibrate.

It would definetly be tougher to pull the clinic by hand without PP, but either way, it doesn't matter magnets or no magnets.

G-man
06-02-2006, 03:27 PM

once your baselines are in the system magnets not needed, don't go by speedometer on PP unless it is calibrated with those baselines.

PendO
06-02-2006, 03:38 PM

erk, you are not in my zip code ... just got a pm from mastercraft, sorry:)

And this is why Free Skiing is so much fun ... beer, bbq, nice boat ... see how many good turns you can put together (I mean, you guys only do six in a row and then need a rest, c-mon).

lakes Rick
06-02-2006, 06:01 PM
After reading this thread I have decided riding my Harley to the bar is much easier.....

rodltg2
06-02-2006, 06:12 PM
erk, you are not in my zip code ... just got a pm from mastercraft, sorry:)

And this is why Free Skiing is so much fun ... beer, bbq, nice boat ... see how many good turns you can put together (I mean, you guys only do six in a row and then need a rest, c-mon).

i actually hate free skiing. if i didnt have a course to use ,id probably be a wakeboarder or barefooter. howver i have aot of fun on open water too, drinking beer hanging with ladies

BuoyChaser
06-02-2006, 07:30 PM
once your baselines are in the system magnets not needed, don't go by speedometer on PP unless it is calibrated with those baselines.
baselines are great, but you get fluctuations in skier weight, crew weight, wind...be sure to use the hand timer if you're not going to be using mags...

missed the story, why don't you have mags in the course or a mag pickup???you can always borrow someone in your area, can't you???

Ric
06-02-2006, 08:30 PM
well we have beat this subject to death elsewhere on this site, but PP needs magnets to be completely accurate(with or without set baselines) but that may not be necessary for a clinic if the baselines are already set, you can ask your participants what they think ;) .

ntidsl
06-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Sorry fellas clinic for monday is off...I am not pulling Jodi Fisher without a tourney set up...I just aint doing it...some people wont ski behing a ceertain dealers boat and MC dropped the ball and didnt have anyone contat me until Friday at 2pm...this all started Tuesday morning!!! My dealer never offered any help at all!!!!

The whole thing is a fiasco and to top it all off, I organized the whole clinic and was scheduled to ski monday; today and tomorrow are completely booked so I dont even get to ski with him...

Thanks Master Craft!!!

I get to put up Jodi Fisher in a hotel two nights, fly him in, and shuttle him around all weekend but no skiing!!!

Yeah...thanks alot!

Mag Red and JRandol...sorry fellas but you can thank MC and my unnamed dealer!!! I do have to add this ERk thanks, BAWS thanks so much, and some are going to have a problem believing this but the local dealer, HERN, did come up with a promo boat at the last minute. Thanks HERN you tried and it was appreciated very much. By that time though I had already completely lost my mind and patience with the whole thing!!!

I'm not sure where the boat is going I really dont feel like drive 4 hours to return the boat to the dealer, Hern may get it, it may end up in Vonore, but its not sitting here much longer!!!

mitch
06-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Man, That's too bad, but not surprised Jim and Erk stepped in to help!!

6ballsisall
06-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Doug!
So sad to hear this!

Erk said he could get a BRAND spankin new Bayliner with some big refrigerator magnets for the Perfect Pass. Will that work???? :D

Cloaked
06-03-2006, 11:41 PM
This thread is funny....

:steering:

PendO
06-03-2006, 11:44 PM
so, what boat is getting used on Saturday and Sunday ... with Monday cancelled?

Man, that totally Blows to have a new TT in need of work!

Maristar210
06-04-2006, 12:01 AM
I hate to be the first one but this person is wired beyond belief and expects any and everyone to "JUMP" at any effort of contact. He waits three hours and then posts a complaint about the lack of response. I could care less about any response he may have to this as it would be whipped cream on a tird in my opinion. I would like to place him on the just shut up thread.... :firejump:

Fire on me if you so desire but most of use know......
Steve

Cloaked
06-04-2006, 12:23 AM
..........Fire on me if you so desire but ........StevePistons SUCK!!! :uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

TMCNo1
06-04-2006, 12:24 AM
Doug!
So sad to hear this!

Erk said he could get a BRAND spankin new Bayliner with some big refrigerator magnets for the Perfect Pass. Will that work???? :D

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

PendO
06-04-2006, 12:27 AM
I hate to be the first one but this person is wired beyond belief and expects any and everyone to "JUMP" at any effort of contact. He waits three hours and then posts a complaint about the lack of response. I could care less about any response he may have to this as it would be whipped cream on a tird in my opinion. I would like to place him on the just shut up thread.... :firejump:

Steve

I dunno man, a new TT boat that is useless to tow 25 people and a mastercraft sponsored pro for a 3 day clinic ...I'd be pissed, especially since the forum was more like a last ditch effort, sounds like the dealer had already dropped the ball and he was looking for help Mid-Week ... and then he gets a fuel pump with the bolt pattern that won't match up ... I think he was pretty patient with the whole thing, and he didn't even name the dealer ... better than I would have done:(

Maristar210
06-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Maybe I am missing part of the story but the "thanks Mastercraft" statements and the fact that he bought a used boat mean buyer beware.

New boat = warranty

Used boat = dice roll

Ric
06-04-2006, 01:00 AM
wow I cant believe how badly this has gone for you.
does fish have some connections to get a boat for the clinic?

Id be pissed too but sounds like your beef should be with your dealer since the boat wasnt properly maintenanced prior to purchase.
did you already say? was there a lake test on this TT boat?

Rodlts wasnt really a TT boat but he had hell with that thing.

PendO
06-04-2006, 01:46 AM
Maybe I am missing part of the story but the "thanks Mastercraft" statements and the fact that he bought a used boat mean buyer beware.

New boat = warranty

Used boat = dice roll

used 05 TT boat ... transferable warranty (for all MC's less than 3 years old from date of delivery - so long as proper paperwork is filled out) ... I mean I hear you on the Caveat Emptor thing, and a contingency plan (backup boat) would have been ideal, but as far as I know I can't buy a brand new TT boat, only 100 made and I think Jim@Baws explained in his post what his expectation is for the servicability of a TT boat is ... water test would have been ideal ... but honestly, I have never water tested a boat that we bought from a dealership.

If this was not an 05TT I would agree with the dice roll.

Jim@BAWS

6ballsisall
06-04-2006, 10:09 AM
OK, his boat does/should have a warranty if everything was done correctly paper work wise.

And a backup boat WAS offered.

Nuff said....... :mad:

posted by erkoehler

Farmer Ted
06-04-2006, 12:49 PM
How can a dealer do this? What can he be thinking?

The bank probably won't let him deposit any more money?

That's the impression I get dealing with some companies.....

Maristar210
06-04-2006, 12:51 PM
I'll just stay out of it.

Jim @ BAWS you went out of your way and it did not go unoticed.

Last post on this thread for me....

Steve

Farmer Ted
06-04-2006, 01:15 PM

Steve

I'm curious,

the clinic is being put on by you, with a MC rider?

Is MC involved in the clinic or is this something you cooked up on your own?

It seems to me that if MC was involved with the clinic, they would have put the tasker out to TT owners that someone needed to have a boat (or two) in place at O'dark thirty monday morning for this clinic.

...poor planning on your part, doesn't constitute and emergency on MCs part

again where is TT in the food chain of the clinic?

The clash of the Titans was a pretty significant event for MC which garnered tons of exposure for the man. All you have on the line is your name which I'm sure you're a stand up guy but you screwed the pooch on this one "bud"

- perhaps you need to refine your ability to delegate tasks be they at work or clinics

- you dropped the ball by not going VFR direct to the owner of your dealership the very second you felt like you weren't getting a reach around

- I'm sure that blowing off steam here is good for your stress levels but it doesn't solve the problem that you're not getting resolution at the dealership/

I bet had you approached the owner of the dealership regarding your clinic (that sounds non sanctioned by MC) and explained that you have a company pro coming in to ski and you need your boat sorted or a backup boat capable of pulling the clinic the outcome could have possibly been better than cancelling the whole thing.

I hope it all works out for you

RobertT
06-04-2006, 01:51 PM
All mechanical things are capable of breaking. For every problem you see here on this site about a Mastercraft, you will find five more on other sites about other brands. Its not a Mastercraft issue, its a boat issue.

Heck, one of the top threads right now on Wakeworld is titled "I HATE MY MALIBU".

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/327611.html?1149434585

A used boat was bought, that apparently was not maintained properly and broke down at an inopportune time. Hardly an isolated situation. I am not trying to back Mastercraft specifically on this, but its not necessarily fair to blame the manufacturer for the demise of an event.

I am planning a trip to Florida in a few weeks. We are going to drive, too much stuff to bring on a plane. If my Ford breaks down the day before and the dealer cannot or does not fix it in time....I wont blame Ford Corporate and call and demand that Mr. Ford give me a replacement excursion IMMEDIATLY for my trip.

I think we as consumers and owners on this board seem to think that if a dealer does not "jump" we can simply go over their head and go straight to MC. Thats true in a way, but its a dealer issue not a MC issue in this situation. If you don't like the dealer, don't buy from them. If you are pissed at the manufacturer, buy from their competition. Let your pocketbook talk.

This board came through in this situation, overnighted parts, offered boats, offered and gave contact information to find a solution. Although this situation turned out poorly, I walk away from it feeling pretty proud of a bunch of stand up guys that will help out a stranger simply because of a brand. Thats pretty cool.

As far as a TT boat being better maintained....I dont know. Out of 100 boats, all being driven by people that get a new one every year, I find it hard to believe that they are all maintained properly. I would assume that the break in period is pushed a little, lets face it. Any, if skiing behind a new boat the first hour even does anything, problems and excessive wear and tear are not going to surface until way after the first year. I would bet that very few TT boats have the tranny oil changed per specs, or the oil for that matter. After all, its not like not changing the oil in the tranny is going to keep it from performing at hour 150, the boat is still ready to pull a tourney without risk.....but it very well might cause problems later.....well after you trade up to the new model next year.

I would buy one in a second, but you better believe that if I did not know the pro very well, I would have the boat checked out thoroughly before buying it. I would NOT assume that a boat with 150 hours is perfect. It may be under warranty, and it may have been owned and driven by a guy or gal that MC influences to keep it ready to pull at any time, but its still a USED boat.

Don't buy a used boat without checking it out thoroughly (probably would only take a half hour) and putting it on the water. Period.

If you fail to follow that advice, and end up with a boat with some issues, make sure that its a Mastercraft so that you can count on some really stand up guys on this board to help bail you out. I don't think you would get the same treatment everywhere else.

ntidsl
06-04-2006, 03:05 PM
wow Im getting reamed here, understandably...its quiet embarassing I guess, but you all have to realize MC didnt try to contact me until friday about 1 or 2 pm after I have contacted countless people...we wasted going on a week here...and stil only 2 calls from MC and none from the dealer until he saw this thread...
And as far as a promo boat in the area that driver did call at 6pm friday...but he had to work monday anyway...
The clinic is going on as a type this and think about how embarassed I am to tell all the mailbu and natique guys that we cant ski behind my boat because its been dead since monday and nobody has even looked at it yet!!!
There is a warranty on the boat, yes...to answer that question.
No worries I wont complain anymore.
Thanks guys!

ntidsl
06-04-2006, 03:07 PM
the boat was running great...I just shouldn't have filled it with gas...I filled a tank that had never been over a half a tank of gas...thats what caused the plastic to get into the pump...now I know!

RobertT
06-04-2006, 03:10 PM
No reaming (at least not much), just opinions. I feel bad for ya bro. I feel your pain.

I hope you get it worked out quickly and with as little headache as possible.

Why are you on the computer??? Go out and have some fun, behind any boat capable of making the rope tight!!!

Good luck!

ntidsl
06-04-2006, 03:56 PM
I have thirty sets filled today...I'm scheduled tomorrow...they skied last night until almost 10pm...the conditions last night were absurd..they couldnt stop skiing...

everyone is learning so much...Fish has the helmet so he can talk to you while you are skiing...

god i wish that was my boat out there though!!!

Kell
06-04-2006, 05:33 PM
the boat was running great...I just shouldn't have filled it with gas...I filled a tank that had never been over a half a tank of gas...thats what caused the plastic to get into the pump...now I know!I've read about this type of issue numerious times on this site about plastic shavings in the fuel tank which clogs the fuel pump. There must be something in the manufacturing/install process that prohibits these plastic shavings from being removed prior to delivery. Seems to me like an easy thing to remove prior to installing the fuel tank or after the install by sticking a shop vac in there to clean it out. Anybody have any insight on how this happens? Granted, I'm assuming these plastic shaving show up because of the drilling/manfucturing/install process at the factory, but they very well could come from something else I've overlooked.

ntidsl
06-04-2006, 06:15 PM
MC informed me that it wasnt their mistake but rather the mistake of the manufacturer and assembler of the pump and tank. They receive the tanks assembled with the pump already mounted there. You are right, the shavings are from drilling into the tank and placing the pump and are supposed to be removed but obviously this doesnt happen all the time. The question is how far have the shavings got into the fuel system. The filter only filters out the bottom half of the tank. The top half of the fuel pump is like an open canister so anything floating in the tank, if the tank is over half full, can get into the pump housing. Some shavings were very samll while others were very large, the size of dimes. I have afeeling that the large ones got wedged into the pump housing and froze it up. Who knows though.

ntidsl
06-04-2006, 06:16 PM
you see no complaining. I'm calm

PendO
06-04-2006, 06:21 PM
what happens if any shavings get past the fuel pump?

PendO
06-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Heck, one of the top threads right now on Wakeworld is titled "I HATE MY MALIBU".

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/327611.html?1149434585

Robert, thanks for the link, did you see this picture on that link ... oh chit! (This is a picture of a Bu' engine on the wakeworld link)

ntidsl
06-04-2006, 06:45 PM
are you trying to make me cry????

ntidsl
06-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Well I think I confirmed my fears, ahh no big deal...but I cleaned the old pump out really good, blew all the lines out and cleaned the tank out...put everything back together and primed the fuel system real good late in the day today...she fired up!!!! yeah...one minute later she stalled and that was it...obviously the shaving got into the engine or are blocking lines that I can't get to...bummer dudes!!!

oh well... at the least the pump worked...I was so proud of myself too...until it stalled at least...