PDA

View Full Version : Great night on the lake!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-31-2006, 10:45 AM
WOW, was I happy last nite. we had 3 very hot days here over the holiday weekend and it warmed big ol superior up! :headbang: I was able to ski very comfortably with the wetsuit yesterday. The drysuit can be stored until fall ski season. The weather was SO warm, that when I was getting my ski ready, I was hanging my feet in the water and it was actually pleasant. I was amazed! just the other day it was drysuit weather... funny what 3 days of temps in the 80s and sunchine can do.

Anyway, great ski nite. I skied my Vengeance for 3 runs and enjoyed it bigtime. then I was pretty tuckered out for the 4th run, so I grabbed my 69" Triumph. Wow, is that a nice transition when your tired. The Triumph is a bit more stable, and thats a welcome thing for me when I am tired because thats usually when I can fall. SO I was able to get a nice 4th run out of the day on that ski where I am usually fighting it on the Vengeance cuz I was so tired. The Triumph was a nice change at that point. Both skis are nice, just different.

Hey, I wanna ask you guys this: Is it me, or does anyone else start out at slower boat speeds compared to the end of last season? I noticed I am skiing about approx 3-4 MPH slower than I was at end of last season. My driver sped up a bit for one of my runs and it just didnt feel right... I feel much more comfortable at the slower speeds. We have been around 30 to 32 MPH this season and it feels right. When I was skiing 34 it just didnt feel right... :confused: what you guys think?

erkoehler
05-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Glad to hear you got some runs in....we were in Eagle River, WI over the weekend, and it is usually drysuit weather till early June up there, but when the temp hit 90 there was no way a drysuit was in my ski bag :)

sizzler
05-31-2006, 10:50 AM
who is this ....and what have you done with UMP?????

no poll???? cant be him.....

05-31-2006, 10:52 AM
who is this ....and what have you done with UMP?????

no poll???? cant be him.....
:uglyhamme NO worries Sizz! :) Its really me! Dont worry pal, I am brewing up a new poll right now. I should have it posted in a short while. :toast:

sizzler
05-31-2006, 10:55 AM
phew.......i was just about to jump on the next plane

88 PS190
05-31-2006, 10:56 AM
few thoughts, one it should feel fast if you haven't been skiing, you're probably out of form etc. and so it feels like you're getting tugged around.

or... calibrate your speedo, its possible that your speedo is reading wrong after the long winter, and therefore your 34 might be 36+ just a thought.

I was in the water around traverse with out the wet suit. It was fine so long as you didn't sit still too long, so i made sure the driver was ready when i hopped in.

Though it was a bit nippy if you stuck your feet straight down into the deep chill.

05-31-2006, 11:43 AM
few thoughts, one it should feel fast if you haven't been skiing, you're probably out of form etc. and so it feels like you're getting tugged around.

or... calibrate your speedo, its possible that your speedo is reading wrong after the long winter, and therefore your 34 might be 36+ just a thought.

I was in the water around traverse with out the wet suit. It was fine so long as you didn't sit still too long, so i made sure the driver was ready when i hopped in.

Though it was a bit nippy if you stuck your feet straight down into the deep chill.
Goof thoughts on the speedo calibration 88!!! :) I will do that with my GPS next trip out fo sho!

I agree that I am out of shape,and it did feel fast enough at slower speeds. Felt good though, not bad, just slower than last year. I felt more in control. maybe the speed will come with time...