PDA

View Full Version : mc stickers

blackbeauty02
05-31-2006, 01:10 AM
where can i find mc stickers for the side of my boat? 92 prostar 205. I'm gonna take the old ones off. buff the **** out of it and put new ones on

erkoehler
05-31-2006, 01:13 AM
where can i find mc stickers for the side of my boat? 92 prostar 205. I'm gonna take the old ones off. buff the **** out of it and put new ones on

Are you looking for the "stock" stickers, or an updated look? If you want stock, I heard that Jim@BAWS bought out the majority of MasterCraft's "old" stickers.

blackbeauty02
05-31-2006, 01:20 AM
i dunno. prob an updated look. what do the updated stickers look like?

erkoehler
05-31-2006, 07:48 AM
You could put the drip molded MasterCraft decals on it....those would look sweet :)

ski_king
05-31-2006, 08:00 AM
Stick with the originals, they look best in my opinion and will keep the resell value up.
Check with your local dealer or Jim@BAWS (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=357) (as eric said), he gave me a good deal on some decals.

If you strike out there, check out ebay. There are a few on there selling replacement oem's, but they usually do not match or have the quality of the oem's.

Tennesseeski
05-31-2006, 08:45 AM
Everyone is different, but I like the new model dripmold letters myself. As a matter of fact, I am getting some put on my 95 in a week or two. The newer model ones can be ordered from any mastercraft dealer and probably shipped anywhere. The new model ones are a bit more costly however. The price I was quoted was $135.00 each big side MASTERCRAFT one, $43.00 each for the model designator PROSTAR 205(will have a V at the end but you just leave that off when you put them on) and $77.55 for the rear transon one that says MASTERCRAFT
WORLD RECORD TOW BOAT

The original sticker for the transom cost about me about $50.00 from the dealer last year when I had one put on my 93. Not sure what the others cost as I didn't price them. You may have to shop around as they are hard to find sometimes. The old style transom one reads world record SKI boat instead of TOW boat.

Like I said though, I like the new look better. Someone on here put a set of the dripmolded ones on a early 90's boat and had pics, but I don't remember who it was. :twocents:

Tennesseeski
05-31-2006, 03:05 PM
BUMP for you blackbeauty02

88 PS190
05-31-2006, 03:12 PM
You can also have the lettering replicated in new vinyl graphics at any sign making / graphics shop, then apply the decals.

Someone here posted the Adobe Illustrator files for the later 80's boats, but perhaps someone has that file for your model in which case you would only need to bring in a color choice and the files and they'd prepare them for you.

JohnnyB
05-31-2006, 07:37 PM
My decals came from Bay Area Watersports...there was a posting in April on the sight....they bought several pallets of leftovers from Mastercraft. You may also have luck calling Rambo Marine.

Here's the Bay Area Watersports thread:
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/s...ighlight=decals

Here's a thread on finding 88 tristar decals, Rambo Marine is mentioned:

Here's some info on decals for an 87:

Here's some info on getting custom cut ones:

Crash
06-02-2006, 01:53 PM
Old vs. new decals. Considered both before getting the new ones. Decided to update my PS with current decals.

Ryan
06-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Old vs. new decals. Considered both before getting the new ones. Decided to update my PS with current decals.

Nice decals Crash! Welcome to the Club de Chrome.

PS nice teak work!

Wes
06-02-2006, 02:40 PM
The new style looks great, I have had no luck finding original side decals for my 93. (tried BAWS) I got a transom decal from Rambo last year, unfortunately I waited until last week to put it on, and it just ripped (a little too old). But after seeing the new style, I think I will switch.

tex
06-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Beware of the new drip mold style. If you bump them against the rubber on a dock-they rip or scratch very easily. I hate them. They look great, they just don't perform well. they will even come off if you drive too hard.

Ryan
06-02-2006, 02:52 PM
The main side decals like mine (chrome fading to grey w/black double border) are part #758020. Your dealer can match the rest of the set to that. You can also get them in white with double black border.

There is another set from 98-99 that were chrome with the skier cutting in the M. They are a little smaller font size if these are too gawdy. I never could find the part # though.

Jorski
06-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Wes...sent you an email.

Crash
06-02-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm suprised by your comments. The drip mold is sooo much thicker than the paper thin vinyl I thought they'd have more regidity and wear better. Not what I would have expected. I'll try not to test them :)

Beware of the new drip mold style. If you bump them against the rubber on a dock-they rip or scratch very easily. I hate them. They look great, they just don't perform well. they will even come off if you drive too hard.

tex
06-02-2006, 03:37 PM
They are thicker but the material is tackier(word?). That makes them grab a hold of the rubber on the docks. I just ski at a place where mine come in touch alot.

Wes
06-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Got it thanks Jorski,

Wes

Ryan
06-02-2006, 06:23 PM
They are thicker but the material is tackier(word?). That makes them grab a hold of the rubber on the docks. I just ski at a place where mine come in touch alot.

I was wondering what you might have snagged yours on. I was thinking of nails etc... I suppose with how hot it gets in TX vinyl on rubber could stick like 2 sec superglue.

I've tugged at the edges of my decals to see if they are as loose as others have mentioned. They aren't moving a bit. Maybe mine were put on better by the expert adhesive installation technician, ehem, me.

Ryan
06-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Here's a new one. This jus showed up on Ebay. The new paint job looks good, - I'm always sqetchy on why they did it (hull damages?).
I personally think the main sides are too low and the transom decal is too high. Interesting nonetheless, it's the first time I've seen drip-molded decals on a boat older than 92. What do you guys think?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4646425185&fromMakeTrack=true

mitch
06-03-2006, 02:53 PM

U let your boat actually touch a dock?? :eek:

Tennesseeski
06-04-2006, 08:23 AM
:( Sometimes it happens to the best of us!!! I just try to use the rubber baby buggy bumpers to keep mine off best I can.

WTRSK1R
06-04-2006, 09:07 AM
If anyone is interested, I picked up new stickers for the side of my 1992 from Jim at BAWS over the winter. My intent was to hang on to them until I really needed to replace the ones on my boat, but since I traded it in yesterday on my new 197, I no longer have a need for them. If no one has any interest, one may end up on my Windshield, but I would rather see them on someone's boat who will appreciate the OEM stickers. They are the White with a Black shadow and the split down the middle of the logo. Here is a photo of the originals that were on my boat. I am willing to sell them for exactly what I paid Jim, $50 plus about $4 for shipping. PM me if anyone has any interest.

Steve

Crash
06-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Here's a new one. This jus showed up on Ebay. The new paint job looks good, - I'm always sqetchy on why they did it (hull damages?).
I personally think the main sides are too low and the transom decal is too high. Interesting nonetheless, it's the first time I've seen drip-molded decals on a boat older than 92. What do you guys think?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4646425185&fromMakeTrack=true

I share your comments on 'why did they need to repaint vs. just removing oxidation'?

In regards to the drip-molded on older than 92, I think it looks fine, should have been placed a little higher though. I give accolades to anyone who has pride in thier boat and gives it TLC to make it look as good as it can for what it is (reglardless of brand).