PDA

View Full Version : Crusader Engine Oil Drain

pmott
05-30-2006, 11:53 PM
Has anyone changed the oil in the Crusader salt water series engine? If so, how did you do it? There isn't a hose on the drain pan like on the Indmar engines. There are only two hard lines, one is the dip stick and the other is a 1/8 hard line that runs to the top of the engine and has a rubber plug on it. I have an oil change pump but it wasn't designed to fit either of these lines. Any help would be appreciated.

88 PS190
05-31-2006, 12:18 AM
convert your oil change pump by adding a different diameter hose so it fits.

or add a very skinny hose that will go down your dipstick hose into the oil pan and pump it out.

You can also buy the bottom drain hose kit.

BeavenX5
05-31-2006, 09:37 AM
Did the oil change on my Predator last year with the boat still in the water and using a pump designed to go through the dipstick. It was easy and worked great. Just make sure the oil is still warm. My pump reservoir can hold only 4.5liters of oil so you might have to stop and empty it before you get all the oil out.

zberger
05-31-2006, 09:43 AM
Did the oil change on my Predator last year with the boat still in the water and using a pump designed to go through the dipstick. It was easy and worked great. Just make sure the oil is still warm. My pump reservoir can hold only 4.5liters of oil so you might have to stop and empty it before you get all the oil out.
I've used those before, they work well.

got mine from www.griotsgarage.com

not sure if they still sell it or not tho.