PDA

View Full Version : Newby w/89 Tristar 220 price suggestions & newer model ideas

KJNTriStr
05-30-2006, 08:47 PM
I have an 89 Tristar 220 and its about time to get something newer. Im having trouble on web finding ideas on asking price so thought I would post. Details: 360 hours on engine, Runs strong, new upholstery and carpeting in 03 changing color scheme a bit from all maroon to Maroon and Silver (greyish silver carpet, and details in upholstery also), upgraded rubrail to newer all rubber, took out passenger seat and had custom made rear facing seat, Trailer is original SMP. A little cosmetic work polishing etc and she's a beauty. Bought in TX, all freshwater per owner, ive kept same. Bottom line is get in she cranks right up and boogies.
Also any recommendations on newer used models to look at in 30-40K range best bang for buck? I would like to go saltwater now that I live in SanDiego and closest water is the bay, any recommendations there also appreciated. Thanks. Newby aka... KJNTriStr

kycat2007
05-30-2006, 09:10 PM
I would say ask around $12k and would not go lower than $10k unless you got something really close. The size of the boat is a selling point and the newer interior.
I would say look at the new saltwater series from Mastercraft. There are some nice x series out there that probably could be used in the ocean. It is not a good selling feature for you in the future. I would not buy a boat that had been in the ocean. 8p

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 09:11 PM
I would recommend the saltwater series, or the LQ9 with closed cooling.

KJNTriStr
05-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Thanks much thats about where I was thinking and the reason I will buy another MC. Got into this for about 9K all in at about 12K with upholstery and some new trailer brakes and ive used it for 3-4 years. Ill check out SS's. Wish there were more lakes around here, one of the closest lakes (50 min drive) looks like split pee soup thats why I'm thinkin if I do this I need somethin can handle saltwater.
Whats the bottom line differences on all the new X series 7,8,9 10 etc? Those picklefork X series sure look sweet and at 110K guess they should. Cheers

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 10:29 PM
You should be able to get a picklefork bow for ALOT less than 100k

H20skeefreek
05-30-2006, 11:20 PM
that'd be the x80, there are several picklefork boats for less $$ than that.

bfinley
05-30-2006, 11:37 PM
If you have any pics, I'd love to see the custom made seat. I'm thinking of doing the same thing to my ProSport 205.

KJNTriStr
05-31-2006, 03:13 PM
bfinley... give me a week or so for pict of seat, dont have any laying around but will have some from lake havasu sandbar bachelor party last weekend soon. Dont worry I wont post the XXX's.