PDA

View Full Version : Babe needs help

kycat2007
05-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Hey guys I know some of you have spoken highly of Babe's boat care products. I talked to Deb the owner and she would like some help. She is trying to get the word out about them. I told her that I would ask the Mastercraft users to help. What are some of the sites you frequent that she could advertise on? Do you have a local boat place where you would like to be able to buy her product? All ideas on getting the word out are appreciated.

She also said that they are coming out with a new product really soon that will take out water spots. These are the harder ones that don't come off through normal process.

Let the suggestions flow, all ideas are good,
Thanks
Brad :wavey:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-30-2006, 12:56 PM
wel, the obvious, overtons.com and westmarine.com, and skidim.com cabelas.com bassproshops.com

just some ideas....
:wavey:

oh yea, and BTW, all ideas are not good, just ask TMCno1!! :D

TMCNo1
05-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Huh, what you talkin' 'bout UMP?
My idears don't always work out, you right! Thought "Babes" Seat Soap was something the spouse babe was suppose to wash her bottom with, took 1/2 gallon of 303 to get her pontoons soft again and she ain't but 110 lbs. Really waterproofs too, caught her floating on top of the water in the tub the other night and had to push her over so she could reach the faucet, she had been floating around for 1 hour like a styrofoam cup in Katrina!

rodltg2
05-30-2006, 01:20 PM
where are they based out of? that stuff is hrad to find sometimes. my last batch cam from a boat show..

kycat2007
05-30-2006, 01:25 PM
She said they are based out of CA. They themselves own a Mastercraft and a Nautique.

TMCNo1
05-30-2006, 01:31 PM
Babes advertise in most of the boating and watersports magazines and I think you can order directly from them. I know MC is aware of Babes stuff, as one of the MC regional sales reps. gave us some to try.

kycat2007
05-30-2006, 01:47 PM
I believe Mastercraft sells their own product line but they do speak highly of Babes. She is looking for input on where you guys search for stuff boating related. She would like to know about places where you shop for boat stuff internet and at home. I know you guys can come up with some input. :wavey:

TMCNo1
05-30-2006, 01:58 PM
I have seen more of it in point of purchase displays at boat dealers and marinas.
MasterCraft does have their GMP private label stuff, but someone has to manufacture, package and label it for them. I don't think MC sells much of their GMP stuff unless MC boat dealers are willing to buy and stock it for sale in their stores.ICBW

Jim@BAWS
05-30-2006, 02:17 PM
I will vouch for the products. We bought a bunch at dealer meeting
a couple of years ago. The SPRAY wax (green) works great...on cars also the SPOT Remover works really well and the interior cleaner
my service guys swear buy. The MC GHP aerosol is also a great product
along with the vinyl protectant and cleaner.

I have also heard great things about 303 cleaner and protectant.

All good products

Jim@BAWS

kycat2007
05-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Jim do you stock it at your place. Like I stated before she is looking for dealers etc.

SkiDog
05-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Jim do you stock it at your place. Like I stated before she is looking for dealers etc.

Yea, Jim, What he said. Let us know. I myself will buy some when I come down there for the reunion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H20skeefreek
05-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Two things, have they tried to become a vendor for West Marine? If not, have call 1-800-262-8464 (1800-boating) and ask to speak to someone about becoming a new vendor.

She could also send out some samples of some boot butter for me, if it works, I'll pass along the word. I'm looking for a good binding lube that is biodegradable.

rodltg2
05-30-2006, 08:18 PM
i can carry it in my store, but unless it cleans , seals or shines granite countertops , i dont think ill be selling too much . i have however put in granite at 3 different ski lake homes and about a dozen skiers homes.. so you never know.

Leroy
05-30-2006, 08:20 PM
I think they need a promotion like 303 had with the free samples!

kycat2007
05-30-2006, 10:54 PM
I have sent all of these ideas to Deb. Great products sell themselves and I think this one is no exception. They are targeting boat owners that take great pride in the equipment they use. If any of you have any others please post I will continue to read and pass them on.

Thanks
Brad :)

kycat2007
05-31-2006, 04:22 PM
Deb said they have tALKED TO WEST MARINE but they want to private label and she said no as of right now. She is going through some of the dealers I sent links to and weeding out potential clients.

http://www.babesboats.com/
this is the link to her site

Thanks
Brad

corey
06-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Babes works great, we sell it in store and at waterskis.com, we stock a couple of other brands as well but Babes is our first choice.

07-09-2006, 01:41 PM
I just ordered some Babe's products, so we will see how they work!

JohnnyB
07-09-2006, 01:52 PM
I burned through a bottle of Boat Bright and a bottle of Seat Soap very quickly.....will probably re-order in gallon jugs.

Tip on the seat soap is to make sure to whipe completely dry and then protect with 303.

07-09-2006, 02:14 PM
SO you dont use their "seat saver" then Johnny?

how do you like the boat bright?

Have you tried the "boot butter'?

JohnnyB
07-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Got the boot butter as a gift.....slippery for binding entry, but doesn't seem to dissipate quickly enough in my bindings....back to using 1/2 ivory and 1/2 water in a self-foaming handsoap dispensor.

When it comes to protectants, I'm still a believer in 303....

The boat bright works awesome!!

07-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Got the boot butter as a gift.....slippery for binding entry, but doesn't seem to dissipate quickly enough in my bindings....back to using 1/2 ivory and 1/2 water in a self-foaming handsoap dispensor.

When it comes to protectants, I'm still a believer in 303....

The boat bright works awesome!!
I ordered boat bright and boot butter. I will see how they work!

twinlakes197
07-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Based on the comments in this thread, I bought the line of the Babe's products and gave them a try this weekend. I was impressed. The spot remover, the spray on wax and the seat cleaner were better than expected. I will buy again.

justinlkgb
07-23-2006, 10:49 PM
How about ACE. The helpful place. I've seen 303 there before but they quit carrying it. This was in south central MN, maybe a market there. I would definetly purchase it if it was localy available.

jraben8
07-24-2006, 09:18 AM
I bought some boat bright about a month ago and have become a fan simply for the ease of use. The results were immediate and the gelcoat feels brand new again. Wipe it down after pulling it out and hit it with Babe's when I get home before it gets tucked in.

trickskier
07-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Hey guys I know some of you have spoken highly of Babe's boat care products. I talked to Deb the owner and she would like some help. She is trying to get the word out about them. I told her that I would ask the Mastercraft users to help. What are some of the sites you frequent that she could advertise on? Do you have a local boat place where you would like to be able to buy her product? All ideas on getting the word out are appreciated.

She also said that they are coming out with a new product really soon that will take out water spots. These are the harder ones that don't come off through normal process.

Let the suggestions flow, all ideas are good,
Thanks
Brad :wavey:

Hey Brad,
Will this new product they're going to intoduce take hard water spots off of glass?

6ballsisall
07-24-2006, 09:47 AM
If they want to get more business they should get their site working...........:rolleyes:

I tried to place an order just now but when you input your qty. and tell it to add it to your shopping cart it doesn't do it. :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
07-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Hey Brad,
Will this new product they're going to intoduce take hard water spots off of glass?

Trickskier, until Babes come out with it and if it works on glass, use some Rain-X on your glass surfaces and see if it helps. We have been using it on the '89 since new, once a year and any water spots just wipe off with a damp towel and window cleaner. I have been experimenting with the new Turtle Wax "ICE'' on my dash, deck and hull and any water spots just wipe off with a damp towel.

WakeSeeky
07-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Hey Brad,

If you're referring to Babe's Spot Solver, yes it does remove water spots from glass, although you'll probably want to go over it again with glass cleaner, it leaves the windshield a little streaky. The Spot Solver is, hands down, the best spot remover I have ever used. We have very hard water, and this is the first product I've ever found that actually removes the water spots without leaving a streaky/milky mess on the gel coat. A follow up wipe with Boat Bright and the boat looks like it just rolled out of the showroom. :cool:

3event
07-24-2006, 12:28 PM
I agree with TMCNo1, RainX is fantastic for the windshield. It coats the surface so the water spots don't stick - you can more easily wipe them off. My daily cleanup for the entire boat is wet sponge wipe, then chamois dry - glass doesn't need anything else if treated with rainx.

I use the liquid stuff in a small bottle. One application can last months.

trickskier
07-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Trickskier, until Babes come out with it and if it works on glass, use some Rain-X on your glass surfaces and see if it helps. We have been using it on the '89 since new, once a year and any water spots just wipe off with a damp towel and window cleaner. I have been experimenting with the new Turtle Wax "ICE'' on my dash, deck and hull and any water spots just wipe off with a damp towel.

Thanks #1, I'll give it a try

JohnE
07-24-2006, 05:49 PM
I bought the seat soap based on comments on this forum, and I have to say it works great.

I bought direct from them, but it wasn't as easy as other internet orders. They had to call me for my 4 digit # on cc. I missed their call and had to follow up a day later during normal business hours. Would have been much more convenient if we just did it via e-mail instead of playing phone tag.

I noticed their products in Bart's catalog, of which I just received my first. Ski Ltd. has been swamping me with catalogs for years, so I'd try to get them to carry it. Of course, getting all the local shops to carry it would be great, but I don't know how they'd go about it. Sounds like they need a rep for outside sales to try to get it going more.

John