PDA

View Full Version : Trailer fender

stuttgart
05-29-2006, 10:15 PM
I am looking for a passenger side fender (new or used) for my 1996 MC Prostar 205 single axle trailer, any leads appreciated. Thanks

rtmc1
08-13-2006, 01:00 PM
I know this is an old post, but I have a 96 Prostar 205 and someone stole the fender on the passenger side out of my marina. Did you have any luck finding one?

Thanks - RT

WTRSK1R
08-13-2006, 02:41 PM
In 1999 my trailer got hit while parked at the lake. Thankfully, we were out in the boat so there was no damage to the boat. However, the fender was not as fortunate and it was basically totaled. I went through a local dealer and they were able to order a factory replacement. At that time the tralier was 7 year old since the boat was a 1992. I realize that we are now looking at 10 years since they made your 1996 trailer, but the factory may still be worth a try. Fit perfectly, and the only thing I needed to do was drill the hole for the trailer guide pole. The hole for the tail light was already there. I also had to drill holes for mounting the fender and attach the clearance light, but all of it was pretty trivial. In fact, the hardest part was figuring out what to do with the boat so I could work on the trailer without it. I would ask your dealer to give it a try.

Steve

rtmc1
08-24-2006, 08:06 AM
A local dealer here checked with the factory and they said 2001 is as old of a fender as they would have. They can order the guide pole, but had no suggestions on where to find the fender.

I am going out of town in a couple of weeks so I will have to buy some generic fender from Northern or something. If anyone hears of a good place to get used trailer parts, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

east tx skier
08-24-2006, 10:05 AM
I would check with Dorsey. Here is their online catalog (http://www.trailersbydorsey.com/partscatalogue/2007%20Color%20Parts%20Catalog.pdf). The fenders and steps are listed on page 43. I have bought many of my parts from them when I had to do repairs on my trailer. Their prices have always been extremely reasonable.

BrianM
08-24-2006, 10:31 AM
I am looking for a passenger side fender (new or used) for my 1996 MC Prostar 205 single axle trailer, any leads appreciated. Thanks

My ski partner has a set of fenders for a 97 205 trailer. They are kind of a crean color. MC replaced a badly rusted 2 year old trailer with a galvinized trailer and he was able to keep all of the components (wheels fenders etc) He has them as extras for possible replacement in case of damage so I do not know if he is willing to part with one or not. I will ask and get back with you.

BrianM
08-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Stuttgart,

PM at you. My partner is willing to part with it.