PDA

View Full Version : T-Stat?

Brent
05-29-2006, 09:18 PM
I've change my boat from a closed system to fresh water! The T-stat that I ordered from ski dim Had 3 holes of which I was able to put in 2 screws to secure the T-stat . I was unable to put a screw in the 3rd hole to help secure the T-stat . I sent a picture to ski dim asking if the was correct & got a reply saying all was OK . Well I put the boat in this evening & I had water spewing out of that hole . What size screw do I put in that puppy?

brianaw26
05-29-2006, 09:28 PM
can you circle the hole. I dont know what you are talking about. What screws are you using and where? Did you mean bolts? Did you put on a new gasket? I only use 2 bolts. I have a 351w.

Brent
05-30-2006, 06:40 AM
It is below the "Bolt" that is in the picture & to the right of the paint chip! It has threads on the T-stat side , but not on the block! I reused the gasket (it was in great shape)!

it is a 87 PS 190 with a 351!

Brent
05-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Found a stubby bolt with a 5/16s head & hand turned it too make sure the threads were ok & then tightened properly . While I was at it I put liquid gasket around the old gasket on the T-stat . Ran it on the hose & all seems great.

Thanks for the help. :friday: