PDA

View Full Version : MC Jump Boat Doesn't Hold 80 HP

fletch_n_me
10-11-2004, 09:12 PM
I owe a big apology to JIMN who told me not to try an 80 HP Merc on the jump boat that I restored. First off, this boat is frickin Christine as it has been stolen, dropped, dragged, repainted, mounted, cavitated and nearly sunk with a broken transom. I will send pics but it did fine up to about 34 MPH but gave it more and it cavitated violently, porpoised and slammed nose first causing fractures in the transom. Listen to JIMN. I had an extra outboard in the shed and looky where it got me. Back to the DAMN DRAWING BOARD AGAIN. I don't even want this thing anymore. about 5 large for a free boat so far and I am still going. Inboard for life.

Jason

H20skeefreek
10-11-2004, 10:12 PM
I owe a big apology to JIMN who told me not to try an 80 HP Merc on the jump boat that I restored. First off, this boat is frickin Christine as it has been stolen, dropped, dragged, repainted, mounted, cavitated and nearly sunk with a broken transom. I will send pics but it did fine up to about 34 MPH but gave it more and it cavitated violently, porpoised and slammed nose first causing fractures in the transom. Listen to JIMN. I had an extra outboard in the shed and looky where it got me. Back to the DAMN DRAWING BOARD AGAIN. I don't even want this thing anymore. about 5 large for a free boat so far and I am still going. Inboard for life.

Jason

I'll take it off your hands.....won't even charge you to haul it away.

jimmer2880
10-12-2004, 07:25 AM

Jason
After the "pucker factor" wore off... It sounds like you had a "fun" ride. Glat nothing was hurt other than your pride.

Still waiting to see some pics.

BriEOD
10-12-2004, 03:51 PM
Hang in there! You'll get it worked out.

OhioProstar
10-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Reminds me of the 14 foot John boat that my buddy and I stuck a 40 hp outboard on. Man was that a scary ride at full throttle.

Tom Wortham
10-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Fletch,
Have covered all the threads on this one. Need to see some pics. :popcorn:

OhioProstar
10-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Good point Tom....we haven't seen the "mystery" boat yet.