PDA

View Full Version : Once again...

blackbeauty02
05-29-2006, 12:29 AM
...I need your opinions/advice. As you all know from my annoying previous posts I'm having transmission problems. I replaced the transmission cooler and flushed and refilled the fluid. Well my boat is still slipping. It runs smooth for about an hour and then it will start slipping. So looks like I'm going to have to rebuild my transmission or buy a new one. What do you think I should do? First (cheapest but longest downtime) I found a place that has a repair kit for $260. I have two friends who think they can repair it (they've repaired transmissions before and they think this one will be easy b/c it's simple...just forward and reverse; no gears). Two (most expensive but quickest), or I can buy a new transmission with a warranty on it...rip out mine and throw the new one in. Three (middle on both respects) or I can take it to a transmission shop and have them repair it and maybe have a short warranty. What would you do?

JDK
05-29-2006, 12:39 AM
I vote solution #1.
These transmissions are simple, and if your 2 pals are confident, just do it.....and don't forget the brown pops for your buds.

JimN
05-29-2006, 12:45 AM
I would weigh the two less expensive options. Ask if the shop has repaired a lot of them and if they haven't, look online- there are several places who do it for people who send their unit in and the rebuilt one ships out in about a week. I know, you don't want to be without the boat for a long time but some of these places are very good and it'll probably be worth it.

blackbeauty02
05-29-2006, 01:23 PM
thanks guys. i'm gonna look around and see how much i can get a repaired one and see how much i can get back by sending mine back and getting the core charge. I'll probably go with the repair kit. we should be able to pull it and have it fixed within a week.

6ballsisall
05-29-2006, 01:25 PM
www.fantasticfinishmarine.com

Done Deal!