PDA

View Full Version : Mastercraft trailer pole gaurds

kycat2007
05-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Hey guys,
When I bought the bought from the previous owner he gave me the Mastercraft foam fender covers but he told me that they do not stay on and will blow off. I figured you guys have the answer on how to make them stay on or do you not use them?

Brad :worthy:

Cloaked
05-28-2006, 09:32 PM
Hey guys,
When I bought the bought from the previous owner he gave me the Mastercraft foam fender covers but he told me that they do not stay on and will blow off. I figured you guys have the answer on how to make them stay on or do you not use them?

Brad :worthy:Mine have stayed on through rapid acceleration and other similar scenareos... :D

I presume that your are referring to the guide pole covers..... Yep! Use them or ship them to me.... ;)

Put 'em on and use them... no probs here...

dichdoc
05-28-2006, 10:52 PM
on my 84 the trailer poles have an inner pipe and then a "outer pipe" that will turn on the inner pipe. My foam covers are on tight and have survived Montana "reasonable and prudent" speeds. Is it possible you're missing the outer pipe make the diameter smaller? TB

86Craft
05-28-2006, 10:56 PM
on my 84 the trailer poles have an inner pipe and then a "outer pipe" that will turn on the inner pipe. My foam covers are on tight and have survived Montana "reasonable and prudent" speeds. Is it possible you're missing the outer pipe make the diameter smaller? TB

That is what it sure sounds like. They went on tight on my 86 trailer and I never have gave them another thought.

atlfootr
05-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Mine work great, always have.
I do sometimes take them off when not in travel mode, (@ home)
the florida sun is killer on the color red. :)

bigmac
05-29-2006, 12:15 AM
I use zip ties at the top and bottom of each cover, where it's gathered at the elastic.

bigmac
05-29-2006, 12:17 AM
I use zip ties at the top and bottom of each cover, where it's gathered at the elastic. I also riveted a dock pipe cap onto the pole, which secures it a heckuva lot better and is a heckuva lot softer than the plastic cap that MC puts on there.

bigmac
05-29-2006, 12:17 AM
I use zip ties at the top and bottom of each cover, where it's gathered at the elastic. I also riveted a dock pipe cap onto each pole, which secures it a heckuva lot better and is a heckuva lot softer than the plastic cap that MC puts on there.

Tennesseeski
05-29-2006, 11:33 AM
So how do you do yours bigmac??? :D I use mine most all the time and I have never had a problem with any of the three boats I have had and used them on.

bigmac
05-29-2006, 11:36 AM
So how do you do yours bigmac??? :D I use mine most all the time and I have never had a problem with any of the three boats I have had and used them on.Sheesh :rolleyes:

Sorry about that. Not sure how that happened - I meant to post it 5 times... :)

6ballsisall
05-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Never had a problem on my boat with them coming off. Perhaps they are the wrong size for your guide poles?

Tennesseeski
05-29-2006, 11:39 AM
:D It's all good. I'm just messin.

SkiDog
05-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Thats a great way to get your post count up!!!!!!!! :D

bigmac
05-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Thats a great way to get your post count up!!!!!!!! :D

Well, this pole-cover information is crucially important. It can't be repeated enough... :D

Tennesseeski
05-29-2006, 11:45 AM
True dat!! :cool:

The Governor
05-29-2006, 10:43 PM
Mine work great, always have.
I do sometimes take them off when not in travel mode, (@ home)
the florida sun is killer on the color red. :)

Are you from Winter Haven? I saw a boat just like your on the Chain last weekend pulling one of those flying tubes.

skitilldark
05-29-2006, 11:15 PM
I have little caps on the tops of my poles that seem to keep them from riding up and off. Don't know if these are available for yours or not but I guess they are holding mine on.