PDA

View Full Version : carb drips at idle

Bobby
05-27-2006, 07:46 PM
I noticed that the carb drips gas at idle, which is probably why it doesnt want to idle. I have it down to about 900-1k rpm before it sputters out and dies. I just now noticed that it drips at idle from one of the ports. Does this mean that I must now reset the float? I made sure it was perfectly parallel to the bottom of the bowl but it still drips. Also - I think I may have forgotten to put in the check ball in the acceletor pump nozzle structure - what effect would that have and where could I get one easily?

Hunterb
05-29-2006, 12:28 PM
You need the check-ball. Is this a 4160 carb? If you can see fuel dripping at idle it is probably coming from the accelerator pump. You need to get the ball in there and make sure there is some (small) clearance between the pump actuating arm and the cam on the throttle shaft. When you say it won't idle is it dripping so much fuel that it floods?

A little more info would make it easier to help out. Check the two things above and see how it runs.

Good luck

Bruce

Bobby
05-30-2006, 12:07 AM
it doesnt really matter anymore since it backfired so hard that it blew the carb to pieces. I'm just gonna get a new one and stop trying to fix this one.