PDA

View Full Version : Will I be buying a CC or Bu instead?

6ballsisall
05-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Many remember my episode with Hern Marine (local MC) and the incredibly poor customer service and service work I received from them this spring. (shaft alignment 3/4" off, parts supposedly replaced but used parts still in their, charged and told electrical problem was diagnosed, problem not fixed) and I made a vow I would never give Hern another penny of my money since they told me something must have jarred loose on the drive home from their dealership and they weren't responsible for the poor workmanship.

As many of you know, I am shopping for a new 197/X-7 and have talked with a few dealers within short driving distance from my house. One dealer in my state has something I am very interested in, and in fact had plans to visit today and after seeing it in person, putting a deposit on it. However, I guess Hern in all their infinite wisdom somehow caught wind I was looking to buy and called this dealer in my state and pulled the territory crap and that they cant sell me the boat. They stated since I talked to them 2 years ago at the Cincinnati Boat show I was their's (Herns' buyer) (Nice to know your just a piece of meat eh??)

So as it stands the dealer that has the boat I want is going to do some checking since he now knows about my "experience" with Hern to see if we can put a deal together or not.

I can appreciate the territory thing to some extent but given this circumstance this 2 MC owner (wanting to go on a 3rd) is going to be switching brands if I have no alternative but to buy from my local inept dealer.

So.....in the spirit of UMP's polls what do you think will happen??

bigmac
05-27-2006, 04:24 PM
Many remember my episode with Hern Marine (local MC) and the incredibly poor customer service and service work I received from them this spring. (shaft alignment 3/4" off, parts supposedly replaced but used parts still in their, charged and told electrical problem was diagnosed, problem not fixed) and I made a vow I would never give Hern another penny of my money since they told me something must have jarred loose on the drive home from their dealership and they weren't responsible for the poor workmanship.

As many of you know, I am shopping for a new 197/X-7 and have talked with a few dealers within short driving distance from my house. One dealer in my state has something I am very interested in, and in fact had plans to visit today and after seeing it in person, putting a deposit on it. However, I guess Hern in all their infinite wisdom somehow caught wind I was looking to buy and called this dealer in my state and pulled the territory crap and that they cant sell me the boat. They stated since I talked to them 2 years ago at the Cincinnati Boat show I was their's (Herns' buyer) (Nice to know your just a piece of meat eh??)

So as it stands the dealer that has the boat I want is going to do some checking since he now knows about my "experience" with Hern to see if we can put a deal together or not.

I can appreciate the territory thing to some extent but given this circumstance this 2 MC owner (wanting to go on a 3rd) is going to be switching brands if I have no alternative but to buy from my local inept dealer.

So.....in the spirit of UMP's polls what do you think will happen??If you buy from Hern, do you have to get service done there? IOW, does it matter where you actually buy the boat? I could envision the other dealer and Hern working out some selling arrangement - that happened to my buddy when he bought his X-10 from Midwest MasterCraft at the boat show when he lives about 20 miles from C&C Boat Works.

If those two dealers can't work it out, can you call customer service at MasterCraft about this situation? That might be a route I'd take. If they the three of them can't resolve the situation to your satisfaction, then, well...CC and Malibu make fine boats.

6ballsisall
05-27-2006, 04:30 PM
If you buy from Hern, do you have to get service done there? IOW, does it matter where you actually buy the boat? I could envision the other dealer and Hern working out some selling arrangement - that happened to my buddy when he bought his X-10 from Midwest MasterCraft at the boat show when he lives about 20 miles from C&C Boat Works.

If those two dealers can't work it out, can you call customer service at MasterCraft about this situation? That might be a route I'd take. If they the three of them can't resolve the situation to your satisfaction, then, well...CC and Malibu make fine boats.

If I bought from the dealer I want to buy from it's 1 1/2 hour drive (fine with me) if I buy from Hern its a 45 minute drive. I'd GLADLY drive 1 1/2 hours as Hern won't ever touch any of my stuff again.

The dealer I want to buy from is going to call Hern and work on an arrangment allowing to do what I want to do. He said he might have to transfer the boat over to Hern and let Hern sell it to me. THat won't work for me.... I'd be giving Hern more of my money.

H20skeefreek
05-27-2006, 04:38 PM
I agree with you JR, if Hern was that bad, I wouldn't give him a dime either.

ksdaoski
05-27-2006, 04:44 PM
thats crazy, you should be able to buy a boat from whoever you want to....

tex
05-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Drive to the other dealer with $$$ in hand. I bet that changes their mind.

Farmer Ted
05-27-2006, 05:01 PM
get a post office box in the same town as the dealership you want to buy from

register the boat to the post office box address

once you get the boat, switch the registration to your home address

6ballsisall
05-27-2006, 05:16 PM
get a post office box in the same town as the dealership you want to buy from

register the boat to the post office box address

once you get the boat, switch the registration to your home address

Now that might work!!! :toast: Thanks!!!!

bcampbe7
05-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Jeff, give Greg Clower a call at MasterCraft. As I mentioned on the phone, heis a top notch guy and will get this straightened-out for you.

MC does not, and will not, lose a customer because Hern is pulling the territory crap.

Give him a call on Tuesday. I am sure he will get it worked out for you. :cool:

Leroy
05-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Jeff; I feel for you, the service problems keep coming your way. I think you should be able to buy maybe not anywhere, but any dealer in a 200 mile circle. I don't know how they can divide up their turf to the 45 minute difference.....

Hoosier Bob
05-27-2006, 06:47 PM
I hope the dealer in question is not PineCrest Marine? How was it you purchased the boat you own now from PineCrest but are not a PCM customer. If they do not help then I will purchase parts and supplies online from now on (PCM has always offered exemplary service!). Buy your boat and let them understand that there are regulations regarding prohibitive or disperate treatment of a potential buyer (against the law). Ask them if they are refusing your application? This sounds to be at the dealer level. I cannot believe anyone would commit to a franchise and discover that their point of sale location could only service and sell to the franchised counties. I guess this would also be nice information to know that warranty work is now only to be performed by the dealership that has franchise rights in your area. New boat owners will want to know this as a bunch of us travel with our boats. Nice to know when I go to Lake Cumberland I can't get my boat fixed there due to my zipcode. Wow can they sell me parts without verifying where I live? This is so BS. Are you sure you are telling us everything? Were you dreaming Jeff? Your next step should be MasterCraft. I understand your frustration as there is no boat in their (CC/BU) lineup like an X-7! I find it hard to believe MC is endorsing this behavior! Ask Mike at PineCrest if this is common practice. I can't believe he can't sell you a second boat! I can't believe Hern needs this publicity! This is worse than the Hatfields and McCoys! Maybe he slandered you as well! Great to find this kind of service amongst our MC brothers! My service sucks so I won't let you go anywhere else. How about a phone call apologizing for the misfortune and then a request to "Hern" your business back. Then maybe the dealership takes a good look at their CSI. Then you make the decision without penalty. What a great business practice. Lose the customer not only for your store but for the whole company! :mad: If I see you in a BU I will spend two CHAMBERS! :D They better figure this one out Jeff!

TMCNo1
05-27-2006, 06:52 PM
#1 KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, don't tell anyone about what you want to do and go buy a new MasterCraft!
#2 "
#3 "
#4 Do you get it?

Hoosier Bob
05-27-2006, 07:01 PM
I case you haven't noticed it may be a little late for that number 1! 8p #1 KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, don't tell anyone about what you want to do and go buy a new MasterCraft!
#2 "
#3 "
#4 Do you get it?

shepherd
05-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Without naming names: If a manufacturer of a boat or car wouldn't let me buy from the dealer of my choice, I would buy someone else's product. If all the manufacturers had the same rules, I'd just stick to buying used-new (i.e., 1 or 2 years old). Whatever happened to "the customer is always right?" :mad:

ski_king
05-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Contact MC first thing Tuesday if they don't answer you on here first.

But please hang around here either way you go.

TMCNo1
05-27-2006, 08:39 PM
I case you haven't noticed it may be a little late for that number 1! 8p

I've been through this with several boat owners over the years, from boats to replacement trailers and parts. In most cases Mastercraft already knows of issues with dealers lack of desire to sell or repair boats in the proper manner. They do understand that when a customer has a issue with a dealer, the owner has to do what he has to do and will accomidate the customer rather than lose a customer.

Hoosier Bob
05-27-2006, 09:44 PM
So in your experience have you ever heard of this? Both dealers should be shot! ;) I've been through this with several boat owners over the years, from boats to replacement trailers and parts. In most cases Mastercraft already knows of issues with dealers lack of desire to sell or repair boats in the proper manner. They do understand that when a customer has a issue with a dealer, the owner has to do what he has to do and will accomidate the customer rather than lose a customer.

PendO
05-27-2006, 11:17 PM
I'll sell you my 06 197 and get an 07 on order - otherwise I vote counterclockwise:)

6ballsisall
05-28-2006, 01:36 AM
I hope the dealer in question is not PineCrest Marine? How was it you purchased the boat you own now from PineCrest but are not a PCM customer. If they do not help then I will purchase parts and supplies online from now on (PCM has always offered exemplary service!). Buy your boat and let them understand that there are regulations regarding prohibitive or disperate treatment of a potential buyer (against the law). Ask them if they are refusing your application? This sounds to be at the dealer level. I cannot believe anyone would commit to a franchise and discover that their point of sale location could only service and sell to the franchised counties. I guess this would also be nice information to know that warranty work is now only to be performed by the dealership that has franchise rights in your area. New boat owners will want to know this as a bunch of us travel with our boats. Nice to know when I go to Lake Cumberland I can't get my boat fixed there due to my zipcode. Wow can they sell me parts without verifying where I live? This is so BS. Are you sure you are telling us everything? Were you dreaming Jeff? Your next step should be MasterCraft. I understand your frustration as there is no boat in their (CC/BU) lineup like an X-7! I find it hard to believe MC is endorsing this behavior! Ask Mike at PineCrest if this is common practice. I can't believe he can't sell you a second boat! I can't believe Hern needs this publicity! This is worse than the Hatfields and McCoys! Maybe he slandered you as well! Great to find this kind of service amongst our MC brothers! My service sucks so I won't let you go anywhere else. How about a phone call apologizing for the misfortune and then a request to "Hern" your business back. Then maybe the dealership takes a good look at their CSI. Then you make the decision without penalty. What a great business practice. Lose the customer not only for your store but for the whole company! :mad: If I see you in a BU I will spend two CHAMBERS! :D They better figure this one out Jeff!

HB, Pinecrest is the shiznit in my opinion and yes they are the dealer I have an interest in doing business with again. The problem is I want to buy NEW this time, whereas the last boat I bought from them was used. Territories aren't affected by used boat sales.

6ballsisall
05-28-2006, 01:37 AM
#1 KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, don't tell anyone about what you want to do and go buy a new MasterCraft!
#2 "
#3 "
#4 Do you get it?

TMC are you saying I should take one on the cheek and go bend over the table again at Hern just so I can own another MC?? :confused:

ecelis
05-28-2006, 04:09 AM
I have serious problems with the 'assigned' dealer in my area. I ended up getting service 150 miles away and decided to buy a boat from this dealer. They told me they could not do it because of the territory rule and asked me to try and work things out with the local dealer.
I was very close (2 tests, trade-in arranged and priced, boat ordered in the colors I wanted, etc) to buying a Super Air 220. When the remote dealer heard about this, he pulled some strings and sold me a new X-Star.
Your dealer should be able to pull the same strings. I'm happy they took care of me and that I was able to buy the boat I realy wanted in stead of having to settle for my second choice. I was not looking forward either to removing all the MC stickers from my cars and wakeboards ;)

stevo137
05-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Jeff, Mike at Pinecrest should be able to work things out for you. Perhaps Hern should take a few lessons from PC.
We as customers should not have to deal with the politics.
My call, you buy the boat from Pinecrest.

bigmac
05-28-2006, 09:29 AM
I can understand why MasterCraft wouldn't want dealers advertising or otherwise marketing in another dealer's area - when the dealer network is relatively small, like MasterCraft (compared to, say, motorcycle dealers), those kind of dealer wars can be counterproductive. Likewise, some sort of pricing uniformity would likely be important to keep bigger dealers with greater pricing flexibility from spearing the smaller dealers and driving them out of business. But that stuff seems to me to be internal MasterCraft stuff that the customer should never see, nor be affected by. When those dealer rules that MasterCraft imposes begin impinging on the customer's ability to buy from the dealer he wants, then IMHO it's time to review marketing policies. I realize that "things can be worked out" by calls to MasterCraft, but that shouldn't have to happen. If a dealer isn't actively going outside of his territory to seek my business, then MasterCraft shouldn't care where I buy the boat. And IMHO, they should be concerned when those territory hassles exactly such at JRandol and ecelis describe begin making the customer consider buying a different brand of boat, simply because he can't buy from the dealer he wants to simply because of zip code.

6ballsisall
05-28-2006, 09:43 AM
I can understand why MasterCraft wouldn't want dealers advertising or otherwise marketing in another dealer's area - when the dealer network is relatively small, like MasterCraft (compared to, say, motorcycle dealers), those kind of dealer wars can be counterproductive. Likewise, some sort of pricing uniformity would likely be important to keep bigger dealers with greater pricing flexibility from spearing the smaller dealers and driving them out of business. But that stuff seems to me to be internal MasterCraft stuff that the customer should never see, nor be affected by. When those dealer rules that MasterCraft imposes begin impinging on the customer's ability to buy from the dealer he wants, then IMHO it's time to review marketing policies. I realize that "things can be worked out" by calls to MasterCraft, but that shouldn't have to happen. If a dealer isn't actively going outside of his territory to seek my business, then MasterCraft shouldn't care where I buy the boat. And IMHO, they should be concerned when those territory hassles exactly such at JRandol and ecelis describe begin making the customer consider buying a different brand of boat, simply because he can't buy from the dealer he wants to simply because of zip code.

TRU DAT!!!! :toast:

My friend Bigmac is well spoken!!

For the sake of discussion only. I can see how dealer territories benefit the dealer and MC. But as a consumer I was trying to figure out what benefits a dealer territory has to us, the consumer. Can you think of any? Not trying to start a war here between consumers and the good dealers who hang out on here just trying to educate myself a little further on the subject.

6ballsisall
05-28-2006, 09:44 AM

I'd love to man, but until some things can be straightened out, I don't get the privelege of writing PC a check :rolleyes: :mad:

michael freeman
05-28-2006, 09:55 AM
TMC are you saying I should take one on the cheek and go bend over the table again at Hern just so I can own another MC?? :confused:

Please for everyone's sake, do NOT buy a boat from Hern if this dealership is providing sub-par service!

By not buying a boat you are sending a message to MC that they need to police their dealerships or lose marketshare.

Good dealerships are a part of the product. MC should make their dealerships match the high standards of the MC name. :twocents:

ski_king
05-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Is this (http://www.pcmarine.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=02149164X5K28K2006J8I54 I32JAMQ2221R0&veh=30726&pov=301324) the one you hope to buy?

If so, nice!

6ballsisall
05-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Please for everyone's sake, do NOT buy a boat from Hern if this dealership is providing sub-par service!

Don't worry that wont happen. Between the way Hern handled ( or didn't handle) the screwups on my 95 and then their petty behavior here if there isn't resolve allowing me to purchase from a MC dealer of my choice given these circumstances AND the selling dealer shouldnt be punished by MC there will be a new BU or CC in my garage within the next 10 days......... end of discussion.

6ballsisall
05-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Is this (http://www.pcmarine.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=02149164X5K28K2006J8I54 I32JAMQ2221R0&veh=30726&pov=301324) the one you hope to buy?

If so, nice!

Nope, it's a secret ;)

6ballsisall
05-28-2006, 10:04 AM
By not buying a boat you are sending a message to MC that they need to police their dealerships or lose marketshare.

Good dealerships are a part of the product. MC should make their dealerships match the high standards of the MC name. :twocents:

you are very correct Michael. I am fortunate in the sense that Indy is pretty close to me. Had it have been Hern and no other choice for some distance I'd unfortunately have no other choice but to buy from the BU' dealer which has a pretty good reputation.

bigmac
05-28-2006, 10:43 AM
I can see how dealer territories benefit the dealer and MC. But as a consumer I was trying to figure out what benefits a dealer territory has to us, the consumer. Can you think of any? Not trying to start a war here between consumers and the good dealers who hang out on here just trying to educate myself a little further on the subject.

Some people shop price only without regard to dealer service. In Minnesota there are two dealers. Both are really excellent dealers, but the one in Minneapolis is substantially larger than the dealer up here, so he has more traffic, bigger sales volume of boats, parts, accessories. That puts the smaller dealer at a disadvantage when it comes to discounting boats, parts, accessories. If the larger dealer there were to start advertising up here (only 2 hours north) with bigger selection of floor models and cheaper prices, or if he were to be substantially undercutting the smaller dealer on price because he can afford to, then the smaller dealer might not be able to afford to compete and might drop the MasterCraft line or something. My dealer up here is truly a great dealership, and them leaving the market would be a problem for me and their many other customers, not to mention a problem for MasterCraft, especially now that there is a new Malibu dealership in this same very busy water recreational area, as well as CC, Supra/Malibu, Centurion and several others. I can see why MasterCraft would want to employ some method of minimizing the impact of that kind of thing and not discourage expanding their dealer network.

The trick is in protecting and encouraging the various dealers and helping them stay viable without discouraging the customer. Given your experience, and that of others who have posted on these various dealership threads, I perceive that there may be some glitches in the plan, or its implementation.

Disclaimer: I'm only speaking theoretically here. I have no knowledge whatsoever of relative disparities in resources between the two dealers I mention above. I pose the scenario only as my perception of why there may be some benefit to a "territory" system.

Farmer Ted
05-28-2006, 11:02 AM

I think he meant, go buy a boat from the dealership of your choice but be quiet about it so the dealer that's got their knickers in a twist doesn't hear about it?

stevo137
05-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Don't worry that wont happen. Between the way Hern handled ( or didn't handle) the screwups on my 95 and then their petty behavior here if there isn't resolve allowing me to purchase from a MC dealer of my choice given these circumstances AND the selling dealer shouldnt be punished by MC there will be a new BU or CC in my garage within the next 10 days......... end of discussion.

MC, ARE YOU LISTENING TO THIS?!?
Anyone out there? :confused:

6ballsisall
05-28-2006, 11:17 AM
I think he meant, go buy a boat from the dealership of your choice but be quiet about it so the dealer that's got their knickers in a twist doesn't hear about it?

Whats wierd is I never told Hern (2 years ago) i'd be "shopping." Heck 2 years ago I didn't have a problem with Hern and would have bought from them.

bradamerry
05-28-2006, 12:14 PM
I don't see how ANYBODY can tell you where or when to buy a boat. Well maybe the wife???? :confused: Buy the boat from who want to and piss on the rest of them!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

stevo137
05-28-2006, 12:41 PM
I can understand the territory agreement but this is a different case. I just find it hard to believe that this isn't resolved and the customer has to put up with this.

bradamerry
05-28-2006, 01:35 PM
I can understand the territory agreement but this is a different case. I just find it hard to believe that this isn't resolved and the customer has to put up with this.
There is a MC dealer in Bossier City, but I'm going to Monroe to buy mine. I do understand I'm buying a used boat, but I still wouldn't buy from the guys in Bossier City.. Nobody would tell me where I had to spend MY money...

Farmer Ted
05-28-2006, 01:42 PM
There is a MC dealer in Bossier City, but I'm going to Monroe to buy mine. I do understand I'm buying a used boat, but I still wouldn't buy from the guys in Bossier City.. Nobody would tell me where I had to spend MY money...

I think it makes a huge difference if the dealership's flag model is MasterCraft

the dealers #1 priority here seems to be Dutchman and last time I looked Dutchman doesn't have many boats......

the other guy.....well he's got MC as a headliner but apparently he's got soo much money the bank won't let him deposit any more so he doesn't like to call potential customers back?????

what's the word on the new ride? we got fried on friday, been hiding inside all weekend trying to get un-burnt!

bradamerry
05-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Thursday I think..............

TMCNo1
05-28-2006, 03:18 PM

No, I am not saying that!
What I am saying, is if you want a Mastercraft and the dealer you would normally do business in your area is not the dealer you are pleased with, then find a dealer in another area and buy a MC and just keep it quiet. Don't tell the whole world, what you want to do, are going to do and have done. The territory problem is more to the effect that dealers should not go outside their assigned area to advertise, promote and sell new boats into another dealers territory, but what can prevent a customer from going to another dealer and buying or ordering a boat, because of differences with his local dealer.
Maybe some dealers here on TT can educate us all on what the MC policy truely is, or even MasterCraft themselves!

6ballsisall
05-28-2006, 03:33 PM
No, I am not saying that!
What I am saying, is if you want a Mastercraft and the dealer you would normally do business in your area is not the dealer you are pleased with, then find a dealer in another area and buy a MC and just keep it quiet. Don't tell the whole world, what you want to do, are going to do and have done. The territory problem is more to the effect that dealers should not go outside their assigned area to advertise, promote and sell new boats into another dealers territory, but what can prevent a customer from going to another dealer and buying or ordering a boat, because of differences with his local dealer.
Maybe some dealers here on TT can educate us all on what the MC policy truely is, or even MasterCraft themselves!

Ok, well interesting enough I didn't post anything here or tell anyone from Hern I was looking elsewhere. How they found out I wanted to buy one from Pinecrest is beyond me.......

Footin
05-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Hey Jeff, have PC take the boat out and put 2 hours on it and sell it as a used boat.

6ballsisall
05-28-2006, 03:37 PM
Hey Jeff, have PC take the boat out and put 2 hours on it and sell it as a used boat.
Yo! Are you overseas now?

Footin
05-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Sitting in my hotel in Berlin right now.

roddydog
05-28-2006, 03:46 PM
You gotta be *&%king kidding me!!!!!
THUCK FEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
buy from whomever you want to, how can they possibly stop you????
Or as someone may have mentioned already, if Hern will give you the same deal as PCM then buy from Hern, say "thanks a lot, and by the way, you'll NEVER see me again"!!!!!

6ballsisall
05-28-2006, 04:28 PM
You gotta be *&%king kidding me!!!!!
THUCK FEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
buy from whomever you want to, how can they possibly stop you????
Or as someone may have mentioned already, if Hern will give you the same deal as PCM then buy from Hern, say "thanks a lot, and by the way, you'll NEVER see me again"!!!!!

The thing is it's not about a price war. Its that Pinecrest has a boat I am interested in and I had great luck with them on my last used purchase. I worked with Scott and he was great to work with. Regardless of if Hern could get the exact same price and boat I still wouldn't do it. Its about the principle really. Secondly, if Ibought from Hern i'd be tied to having them do my service work. Based on their skilz from my prior experience I wouldn't recommend they touch my worst enemies Mastercraft.

6ballsisall
05-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Sitting in my hotel in Berlin right now.

Hows the weather over there??

Footin
05-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Jeff, have you questioned Hern about their phone call to PC and why they did it?

Footin
05-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Hows the weather over there??

Cloudy, windy and about 55.

6ballsisall
05-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Jeff, have you questioned Hern about their phone call to PC and why they did it?

Nah I thought about calling them but decided I'll try MC direct on Tuesday.

Footin
05-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Nah I thought about calling them but decided I'll try MC direct on Tuesday.

Good move.......

6ballsisall
05-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Cloudy, windy and about 55.

Bummer! No chance of skiing then :confused:

Footin
05-28-2006, 04:33 PM
No, no skiing. I got here about 6 pm (noon your time) and the week will be pretty busy. I am ready to come home now.

6ballsisall
05-28-2006, 04:34 PM
No, no skiing. I got here about 6 pm (noon your time) and the week will be pretty busy. I am ready to come home now.

Take care man! I am taking my little one out to go swimming in the lake in a few. We'll be thinking about you. Be safe over there!

Footin
05-28-2006, 04:36 PM
Thanks my friend.

daveg
05-28-2006, 04:41 PM
This issue is just too much and I had to weigh in. Granted, I am not a MC owner, but, looking at this issue from the outside...I would tell Hern to shove it, particularly for first providing LOUSY service, and then for trying to dictate that you HAVE to buy from them again. Its your hard earned money, and you should make the decision where you want to buy and who you want to buy from. I really don't get that whole territorial thing!

MC is a great company and makes a fine product, but, its kind of galling when they or their dealers dictate where you HAVE to buy just because of your zip code. How is Hern (or MC by association) ever going to get the message and improve their service and business tactics if they FORCE people to do business with them. Let them lose some business and let the message boards fill up with this kind of talk. I bet their service and attitude will improve dramatically in a very short time!! By the way, I grew up in Fishers where PCM has one of their dealerships, so they have to be fine folks :D !

SkiDog
05-28-2006, 05:52 PM
When I bought my X-30, I was aware that there was a dealer in Jaxsonville, Fla.; (NOT LIQUID SPORTS) and all I ever heard was how bad they were! I made up my mind, used boat or new, I wasn't buying from them! Also, another dealer WILL sell you a boat even if its not in your 'territory' so to speak. They just have to know that you are not happy with the dealer thats close to you, and they should pass that on to Vonore. Service might become an issue for you, but if you're like me, you won't mind driving a little futher to get the service you deserve! Hell' I used to drive 4 hours to get my boat serviced! :twocents:

Footin
05-28-2006, 05:55 PM
In the worst case I think you will have to write a letter explaining why you will not buy from Hern and you will buy from PC. I do not think MC will stand in the way.

PendO
05-28-2006, 06:02 PM
I thought he was buying a used boat from Erk? This thread is gonna turn into a freight train ...

bigmac
05-28-2006, 06:11 PM
This issue is just too much and I had to weigh in. Granted, I am not a MC owner, but, looking at this issue from the outside...I would tell Hern to shove it, particularly for first providing LOUSY service, and then for trying to dictate that you HAVE to buy from them again. Its your hard earned money, and you should make the decision where you want to buy and who you want to buy from. I really don't get that whole territorial thing!

MC is a great company and makes a fine product, but, its kind of galling when they or their dealers dictate where you HAVE to buy just because of your zip code. How is Hern (or MC by association) ever going to get the message and improve their service and business tactics if they FORCE people to do business with them. Let them lose some business and let the message boards fill up with this kind of talk. I bet their service and attitude will improve dramatically in a very short time!! By the way, I grew up in Fishers where PCM has one of their dealerships, so they have to be fine folks :D !

This sort of territoriality imposed on dealers is not uncommon in the recreational vehicle market when the dealer network is small and sales volumes relatively low. Harley Davidson is well-known for draconian dealer policies, for example, and I'd be surprised if some similar policies weren't in effect for some of the other boat brands as well.

Not excusing - the bottom line is that MasterCraft has at least a few pi$$ed-off customers over this issue, which certainly suggests that perhaps the policies might need some reconsideration.

bigmac
05-28-2006, 06:14 PM
In the worst case I think you will have to write a letter explaining why you will not buy from Hern and you will buy from PC. I do not think MC will stand in the way.

Ultimately, I'll also bet they won't. But the point IMHO is that that seems like an awful lot of hoops to jump through for the privilege of spending $50,000.

Footin
05-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Ultimately, I'll also bet they won't. But the point IMHO is that that seems like an awful lot of hoops to jump through for the privilege of spending $50,000.

I agree, kinda sad he may have to do this to spend this kinda doe.

Footin
05-28-2006, 06:17 PM
I wonder if "someone" will kill this thread on Tuesday.

roddydog
05-28-2006, 08:57 PM
The thing is it's not about a price war. Its that Pinecrest has a boat I am interested in and I had great luck with them on my last used purchase. I worked with Scott and he was great to work with. Regardless of if Hern could get the exact same price and boat I still wouldn't do it. Its about the principle really. Secondly, if Ibought from Hern i'd be tied to having them do my service work. Based on their skilz from my prior experience I wouldn't recommend they touch my worst enemies Mastercraft.
Get your point. Got to PCM explain your situation and have your cash ready. I still don't see how, or why, they wouldn't sell you a boat!!

Unheard of up here! I could go anywhere I wanted to and if that dealer sold MC's and I wanted the one they had.................DONE DEAL!!! :mad:

Bert
05-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Jeff, give Greg Clower a call at MasterCraft. As I mentioned on the phone, heis a top notch guy and will get this straightened-out for you.

MC does not, and will not, lose a customer because Hern is pulling the territory crap.

Give him a call on Tuesday. I am sure he will get it worked out for you. :cool:
Just the thought of having to justify my dealer of choice to MC would have me looking at the other brands. I went 600 miles to get a new MC since we didn't have a real dealer in the area back then and still don't. A real dealer being one that provides service and not just a boat sale.

bigmac
05-28-2006, 11:34 PM
Get your point. Got to PCM explain your situation and have your cash ready. I still don't see how, or why, they wouldn't sell you a boat!!

Unheard of up here! I could go anywhere I wanted to and if that dealer sold MC's and I wanted the one they had.................DONE DEAL!!! :mad:

The out-of-your-area dealer COULD sell the boat, but he's got to kick back a little somethin' to the local dealer (a little bird told me...). If the local guy makes a stink, the OOA dealer risks his holdback from MC on future boats. Naturally, if PCM can sell the boat in THEIR area and NOT have to split it with another dealer, they'd rather do that.

The issue is probably more applicable in situations where a guy wants a boat that the local dealer doesn't have, and adjacent dealers work it out -- sort of like car dealers do. If the boat purchaser wants to freeze the local dealer out from ANY part of the sale - well, that's a problem...if the OOA dealer sells the boat anyway, without the split, he's bucking MasterCraft and risking a lot...

Anyway, that's why an OOA dealer might not want to sell the boat, I suspect, and I suspect those same rules apply where you live too...

Farmer Ted
05-28-2006, 11:39 PM
The out-of-your-area dealer COULD sell the boat, but he's got to kick back a little somethin' to the local dealer (a little bird told me...). If the local guy makes a stink, the OOA dealer risks his holdback from MC on future boats. Naturally, if PCM can sell the boat in THEIR area and NOT have to split it with another dealer, they'd rather do that. And if the OOA dealer sells the boat anyway, without the split, he's risking a lot...

The issue is probably more applicable in situations where a guy wants a boat that the local dealer doesn't have, and adjacent dealers work it out -- sort of like car dealers do. If the boat purchaser wants to freeze the local dealer out from ANY part of the sale - well, that's a problem...

Anyway, that's why an OOA dealer might not want to sell the boat, I suspect, and I suspect those same rules apply where you live too...

so why can't the custome just fax several dealerships letting them know the make, model, prefered options and color and let the dealerships bid for the customers business?

seems like the fiscally prudent thing to do?

bigmac
05-28-2006, 11:41 PM
so why can't the custome just fax several dealerships letting them know the make, model, prefered options and color and let the dealerships bid for the customers business?

seems like the fiscally prudent thing to do?All those dealers would have to kick back to the local dealer if they got the sale (sounds like something out of the Sopranos) and that would cut into their margin.

stevo137
05-28-2006, 11:49 PM
One of the problems you have here is that there may be a few MC dealers who want to "own you" and when you go elsewhere they get upset.
I can't believe this, again, is anyone out there! :confused:
The man just wants to buy a new MC from the dealer of his choice.
I love editing. :D

6ballsisall
05-29-2006, 11:28 AM
The out-of-your-area dealer COULD sell the boat, but he's got to kick back a little somethin' to the local dealer (a little bird told me...). If the local guy makes a stink, the OOA dealer risks his holdback from MC on future boats. Naturally, if PCM can sell the boat in THEIR area and NOT have to split it with another dealer, they'd rather do that.

The issue is probably more applicable in situations where a guy wants a boat that the local dealer doesn't have, and adjacent dealers work it out -- sort of like car dealers do. If the boat purchaser wants to freeze the local dealer out from ANY part of the sale - well, that's a problem...if the OOA dealer sells the boat anyway, without the split, he's bucking MasterCraft and risking a lot...

A little birdy told me the same thing. I don't want to put Pinecrest in a situation which could jeapordize their relationship with MC nor do I want to put them in a situation where they have to give some of their profits to Hern because Hern owns my zip code.
The frustrating thing is not only do I suffer because of Hern's inept methods of doing business, MC, and Pinecrest suffer as well. I plan to make a call to MC Tuesday afternoon when I have some time to do so. If this is true as mentioned above that seals the decision for me. I'll either buy used MC (which the wife doesn't really want, she wants warranty etc..) or I'll be in a CC or Bu' in short order.
I still can't get over Hern calling PC and bellyaching because they "own me." Hern doesn't even have a boat I am interested!

Hoosier Bob
05-29-2006, 11:42 AM
MasterCraft has shown they have the nads to allow this forum simply because they believe there product, system and dealer base is the best in the land bar none. This being said I think all will be taken care of at some point in the near future. I think we all agree that Hern does not deserve your business while PIne Crest Marine has earned your loyalty. This may be a rare occurance for Hern but that should not limit the customer's ability to buy from whomever they choose. My guess is a silent deal will be struck between PC amd MC and PC and Hern will 50/50 and said dealings will be noted. Simple lesson in numbers that said dealer/manufacturer should understand: Happy customer tells 1-2 people and an unhappy customer tells EVERYONE!
On this forum the happy customers reach out to thousands and MC undersands this. Can't wait for Mag Mania in June! Hopefully I will get to ski behind a 197 MC Jeff! :confused:

Farmer Ted
05-29-2006, 11:46 AM
too bad you can't buy factory direct!

I still say go the PO Box route and buy it as a company boat for your waterski school.......

just don't take it to Hern for service....

I'd also find the specifics of your new Ski Nautique so when you call MC HQ you can quote how much CC is going to cost and the options so they realize that a piece of the market is about to sail away.

6ballsisall
05-29-2006, 11:49 AM
I'd also find the specifics of your new Ski Nautique so when you call MC HQ you can quote how much CC is going to cost and the options so they realize that a piece of the market is about to sail away.

Already done ;)

6ballsisall
05-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Can't wait for Mag Mania in June! Hopefully I will get to ski behind a 197 MC Jeff! :confused:

Are you coming to MM2 next weekend HB????

Whatever I get, your welcome to ski with me anytime dude!! :steering:

Hoosier Bob
05-29-2006, 11:54 AM
I may make a day trip! Long trip for a day but who knows? :D Are you coming to MM2 next weekend HB????

rodltg2
05-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Are you coming to MM2 next weekend HB????

i went thorught this as well , when i was looking to replace the TT. i found a 197 i liked at a dealer about an hour away and they couldnt sell it to me. i wasnt upset at the local dealer but they only had a an x-7 all black which i didnt really want..

6ballsisall
05-29-2006, 12:03 PM
I may make a day trip! Long trip for a day but who knows? :D

SCHWEEET!! I've been dying to meen the infamous HB in person!! The wife, daughter and I will be heading down Saturday AM and staying til Sunday afternoon. Hope to see you there!! :banana:

Footin
05-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Jeff, who is the CC dealer near you?

6ballsisall
05-29-2006, 12:12 PM
Jeff, who is the CC dealer near you?

There is one that just opened show in Cincinnati, I can't remember the name of it though.

Footin
05-29-2006, 12:13 PM
I hope it does not come to that, I'll keep lookin for a gently used MC.

Erkle........find this boy a barely used boat!

6ballsisall
05-29-2006, 12:15 PM
I hope it does not come to that, I'll keep lookin for a gently used MC.

Erkle........find this boy a barely used boat!

He found me one and I am considering it. The wife really wants warranty though.

Footin
05-29-2006, 12:16 PM
What did he find? gotta a link?

6ballsisall
05-29-2006, 12:18 PM
What did he find? gotta a link?

You've seen them. X7????

rodltg2
so on a used boat, there are no dealer territory issues

6ballsisall
so on a used boat, there are no dealer territory issues

Correct. No issues on used boats.

Hoosier Bob
05-29-2006, 12:20 PM
What if you use my address Jeff? I hear you and the wife are having problems so you need a place to stay? ;)

Footin
05-29-2006, 12:21 PM
A gently used X-7 would be sweet!! But the other boat (the secret one) would be nice too. I am very interested to see what MC says on Tuesday and to see if this thread is deleated by "the man".

6ballsisall
05-29-2006, 12:21 PM
What if you use my address Jeff? I hear you and the wife are having problems so you need a place to stay? ;)

Hmmmmmmmm....... There's always more than one way around the mountain! I may need your address HB. :D

rodltg2
05-29-2006, 12:23 PM
im sure you can find a used one with a warranty. my TT came with one . my local dealer has an 05 TT you could get.

6ballsisall
05-29-2006, 12:29 PM
im sure you can find a used one with a warranty. my TT came with one . my local dealer has an 05 TT you could get.

Thats a little far for me Rod! Think you could tow it out here with your 172?? :D

Hoosier Bob
05-29-2006, 12:30 PM
I think they will let it fly as long as we do not start recommending boats (ROD :D ). This is a thread that is better to solve than delete. I think MC can only come out of this one better off. Sounds like this problem has existed for awhile. Dealers need to understand that if splits are to be had due to a franchising agreement they need to keep it quiet. I would say that if a customer in my territory had an issue with me and purchased elsewhere I would like the opportunity to recapture that customer. $$ would come to me even though I did not sell the product which would imply a service is do the customer. Even if you go with PCM and Hern gets their unearned $$ they owe it to you the customer to provide some service. Free maintanence, gift certificate etc.... If I was Hern I would pass on my $$ for the dis-service I have given in the form of store credits, service etc... I would put those $$ to use and show that I have not recieved the $$ do to a zipcode but that I have earned them. Then you might find a way to praise both stores. :twocents: A gently used X-7 would be sweet!! But the other boat (the secret one) would be nice too. I am very interested to see what MC says on Tuesday and to see if this thread is deleated by "the man".

Footin
05-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Road Trip!!!!

6ballsisall
05-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Road Trip!!!!

Tell you what, you drive it, take pics and I'll live vicariously thru the pics. ;)

jlf
05-30-2006, 08:28 AM
If I remember correctly this has been discussed before on here and I believe that is was stated basically there are exceptions to every rule. I know in my case I had some serious issues with the selling dealership I used first, I purchased a second boat and I did not use the dealership that was closest to me. In fact I still do not do any business with the dealership that is closest to me. If you want a MC, don't settle for anything less. MC will not lose a sale because of a territory issue. It sucks you want to spend 50,000 or better and you have to jump through a few hoops to get to spend your money. I imagine if you make a phone call to Vonore, you'll get this straightened out and pretty quickly I bet too.

Flatwaterfooter
05-30-2006, 08:45 AM
To my understanding this is a free country and you should be able to buy from who you want to as long as it is your money.

bigmac
05-30-2006, 08:54 AM
To my understanding this is a free country and you should be able to buy from who you want to as long as it is your money.

But also as a free country, the out-of-area dealer can refuse to sell a boat to anyone. Their motivation to do so might be the penalties that a particular manufacturer could impose on them if they sell a boat to a customer from outside their territory, as part of the dealership agreement that they signed.

bcampbe7
05-30-2006, 09:25 AM
This thread started out on, what I believe was, the right track.
I understand Jeff's frustration 100%.
However, when another manufacturer is recommended I have to step in and push the "magic" buttons.

Let's please keep this on the right track.

Hoosier Bob
05-30-2006, 09:28 AM
I think it recovered nicely Beau. Some were mentioned but I do not believe considered. ;) Even Rod is out looking for a used 197 as we speak (for Jeff). You have to like that! :D
However, when another manufacturer is recommended I have to step in and push the "magic" buttons.

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 09:32 AM

No worries Beau. I respect your role and know you'll do whats right for MC and for the members. Thanks for all you do!

MYMC
05-30-2006, 09:42 AM
But also as a free country, the out-of-area dealer can refuse to sell a boat to anyone. Their motivation to do so might be the penalties that a particular manufacturer could impose on them if they sell a boat to a customer from outside their territory, as part of the dealership agreement that they signed.
And there it is in a nut shell... Jeff is free to buy from whom he chooses, just as any dealer makes the decision to sell to whomever they choose. Exceptions can be made but they few and far between and must be documented...of course none of this is "Jeff's problem" these issues are resolved between the two dealers and MasterCraft corp.

Hope that helps to clear the muddy water.

stevo137
05-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Jeff, Mike at Pinecrest should be able to work things out for you. Perhaps Hern should take a few lessons from PC.
We as customers should not have to deal with the politics.

MYMC, that was exactly my point in this post and I hope it works out that way for Jeff...

TMC
05-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Hey JR:

Can you PM me a number where we can reach you? We want to work with you on resolving this current frustration. Hopefully you will give us that chance.

Thanks.

-JB

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Hey JR:

Can you PM me a number where we can reach you? We want to work with you on resolving this current frustration. Hopefully you will give us that chance.

Thanks.

-JB

PM sent. Thanks dude! :wavey:

LakePirate
05-30-2006, 10:38 AM
I hope all ends well there JR

sizzler
05-30-2006, 10:39 AM
good news the cavelry has arrived...........

go jeff :firejump:

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 10:40 AM
good news the cavelry has arrived...........

go jeff :firejump:

Thanks Siz!

All I want to do is buy a boat not stir up trouble :cry: :cry:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-30-2006, 10:41 AM
Well, I figured I better show my face here.....after all, I am under pressure to save the day. I have been thinking about this and trying to figure out a way that my superhero powers can solve this. But I think JR already kinda used them. My only superhero power is the TMC POLL, and JR used it wisely! and it looks like its getting some results, and some recognition from TMC. so lets all hope this whole thing works out well for JR and MC, and we can all live happily ever after :D

....uh...so if things work out....uh....can I take credit for it being solved by my superhero powers...?......HEY! its kinda by proxy
:uglyhamme

Good luck JR and MC. I think you will all come out of this smelling like a rose! :)

well, except for No1, he never smells good, so he's bound to stink something up. 8p

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Well, I figured I better show my face here.....after all, I am under pressure to save the day. I have been thinking about this and trying to figure out a way that my superhero powers can solve this. But I think JR already kinda used them. My only superhero power is the TMC POLL, and JR used it wisely! and it looks like its getting some results, and some recognition from TMC. so lets all hope this whole thing works out well for JR and MC, and we can all live happily ever after

....uh...so if things work out....uh....can I take credit for it being solved by my superhero powers...?......HEY! its kinda by proxy

Good luck JR and MC. I think you will all come out of this smelling like a rose!

well, except for No1, he never smells good, so he's bound to stink something up. 8p
AH.........UMP you made me laugh on a Tuesday/Monday after a long weekend! You da man!!

Notice you got some votes on here UMP! :wavey:

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 10:58 AM
JR,

I'm checking on those two you asked about last night......will call you in a bit.

05-30-2006, 10:59 AM
AH.........UMP you made me laugh on a Tuesday/Monday after a long weekend! You da man!!

Notice you got some votes on here UMP!
THANKS JR!!! I know I got some votes man! and I am STOKED about it! :headbang: Its all my bruthas keepin the faith for the UMP! :toast: They think I am the Fasizzle da Schnizzle or whatever thats called.... :o
:D

05-30-2006, 11:00 AM
JR,

I'm checking on those two you asked about last night......will call you in a bit.
Figures Rudy Russo would show up ;) 8p

stevo137
05-30-2006, 11:00 AM
JR,

Atta' boy! ;)

Kevin 89MC
05-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Wow, just got online since the weekend, hopefully this all works out for the best! Out of curiosity, does anyone know if CC and 'bu dealers (and others) have the same "rules"? Not trying to stir the pot, just curious.

05-30-2006, 11:11 AM
I dont know about that, but Mesa/Boogie amplifiers have those strict dealer rules. and they arent allowed to discount their prices either, the all sell at list price or they lose their franchise. They are strict, and the dealers dont break the rules. Interesting in this day and age of commerce and marketing.

ntidsl
05-30-2006, 11:13 AM
yeah I've been out of town all weekend too...looks like jeff had a rough and very frustrating one...sounds like it all got situated though...and ump showed up like wonder dog...what a cool thread!!!

Everything good Jeff?

6ballsisall
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if CC and 'bu dealers (and others) have the same "rules"? Not trying to stir the pot, just curious.

Yes they do.

6ballsisall
yeah I've been out of town all weekend too...looks like jeff had a rough and very frustrating one...sounds like it all got situated though...and ump showed up like wonder dog...what a cool thread!!!

Everything good Jeff?

Nope not yet.......hopefully YET being the operative word.

ntidsl
05-30-2006, 11:15 AM
bu has the same rules...i looked at a response lxi and the florida dealer wouldnt even talk price with me...and my local dealer is full of hoochie smokin, drinkin loosers and never called me soooo...luckily I now have a 197 and couldn't be happier...everything happens for a reason!

ntidsl
05-30-2006, 11:16 AM
good luck man...we are all pulling for you obviously...

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 11:17 AM
bu has the same rules...i looked at a response lxi and the florida dealer wouldnt even talk price with me...and my local dealer is full of hoochie smokin, drinkin loosers and never called me soooo...luckily I now have a 197 and couldn't be happier...everything happens for a reason!

But the question unanswered is, are the hoochies hot??? :D

ntidsl
05-30-2006, 11:19 AM
hoochie as in stuff you roll up and smoke...not slimmies...my god jeff your mind is always on slimmies!!!

they are waste cases everyone of them

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 11:25 AM
hoochie as in stuff you roll up and smoke...not slimmies...my god jeff your mind is always on slimmies!!!

they are waste cases everyone of them

Hey it's summer Man! Can't help myself. Glad you clarified the Hoochie scenario for me! :D

Did you guys go down to Warsaw this past weekend?

ntidsl
05-30-2006, 11:29 AM
yeah was there all weekend, since friday am...until my fuel filter clogged and shut me down...i was wore out anyway...waiting for my filter to get on the water...or i could just fill up i guess...only filters the bottom half of the tank anyway!

where were you besides on the computer?

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Jeff's new boat???????????

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 12:04 PM
where were you besides on the computer?

Hung out at home. Took a drive up to Indian Lake, OH to let new owner test drive the 95. I think I bust my spleen! Talk about rough water, the poor 95' hasn't ever been used in water that rough! I hope the new owner takes as good as care of her as I did. :(
Party'd at our house Sat. night and did chores the rest of the weekend.

Looking forward to the clinic next week!! :guitar:

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Jeff's new boat???????????

Maybe so! ;)

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Maybe so! ;)

Let's do it :) Can't beat those colors or options :D

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Let's do it :) Can't beat those colors or options :D

Ok, whip out your Credit Card and go for it!! :uglyhamme

05-30-2006, 12:22 PM
So is erk exempt for the "territory-customer" thang? or are your close enough to be in his market area JR?? :confused:

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 12:25 PM
So is erk exempt for the "territory-customer" thang? or are your close enough to be in his market area JR?? :confused:

None of the above! ;)

RobertT
05-30-2006, 01:10 PM
I think this situation has been discussed at length before. As consumers, we are a little spoiled and rightfully so. We think we should be able to buy from who we want, when we want. The customer is always right. Territories are there to protect the dealer, not the consumer.

We are used to shopping everything. When we cannot shop prices, I think we automatically feel like we are getting screwed...even if its a great deal. I know I feel that way. MC nor the dealers want every boat purchase to end up in a price war with the nearest dealer. I understand that.

However, when a dealer performs so poorly or unethically that a potential customer is willing to go out of their way to buy from another, it is my humble opinion that MC or any other manufacturer should go WAY out of their way to make it happen. If its a price shopping issue, that's one thing. However, in all of the discussions about this issue on this board and many others that I have followed it was NEVER about price.

The territory issue should be completely transparent to the purchaser. Period.

Again, just my opinion, but if I were MC I would have a policy in which a dealer could send in a request to sell to an out of town buyer. The written request would need to indicate exactly what the reasons were. Every one of them should be approved instantly. After the sale, MC should review those rare instances with both dealers and make a determination. If a dealer takes advantage of the situation, it will be found out fairly quickly. On the other hand, and most importantly, MC would see in writing if a dealer sucks and could deal with that situation accordingly.

Maybe they already do something like this, I don't know, but I do know that I would not have had the patience that Jrandol does. Picturing you with 50k in your hand wanting to give it to a MC dealer and having doors shut in front of you just drives me nuts.

Granite_33
05-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Hung out at home. Took a drive up to Indian Lake, OH to let new owner test drive the 95. I think I bust my spleen! Talk about rough water, the poor 95' hasn't ever been used in water that rough!

One of two lakes in OH that you take your boat on a windy day to swamp it.

The other being Grand Lake St. Marys.

Indian lake is actually better known for tearing props and outdrives off with all the submerged stumps.

yikes........

Rockman
05-30-2006, 06:21 PM
HB, Pinecrest is the shiznit in my opinion...

Sorry guys, not in mine.

Rockman
05-30-2006, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=jrandol]The thing is it's not about a price war. Its that Pinecrest has a boat I am interested in ...QUOTE]

That should be enough. Who has the boat you want? If the local dealer doesn't have thee one you want...tough! Sucks to be them!

Rockman
05-30-2006, 06:28 PM
JR,

Use my address and I can even offer to pick it up for you...for a few pulls! :D

east tx skier
05-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Jeff, hopes it all works out for you. Beau, thanks for being the heavy. TMC, thanks for TCB.

Still in England.

tex
05-30-2006, 08:17 PM
eastie, we miss you back in the long star state!

Hoosier Bob
05-30-2006, 08:20 PM
When I saw Doug posting I turned out the lights, turned off the radio and got back in bed! :o

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Yo all! I got a favorable vmail today from Mastercraft and I am so happy to say I won't have to change my religion! I deliver my boat this week and am narrowing my search down on my next ride. Just got home to find lightning struck between two houses across the street and we don't have internet now! Houses are fine as are the neighbors but a gorgeous oak tree lost its life.
Posting from my blackberry is less than enjoyable but wanted to get on and thank everyone for their support and especially beau for doing a fine job moderating. Thanks to Mastercraft for standing behind their product and their loyal customers! Can't wait to get my new ride!!

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Fire up the lap top and look at those pics!

stevo137
05-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Ah yes, good news! I knew a great company like MC would pull through to satisfy the customer.
I hope to ski behind that beauty one day J.
What an exciting time for you!
Can't wait to see what you get. ;)

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 09:03 PM
One of two lakes in OH that you take your boat on a windy day to swamp it.

The other being Grand Lake St. Marys.

Indian lake is actually better known for tearing props and outdrives off with all the submerged stumps.

yikes........

Yep I figurd that out when we got out on it! The whole time un between trying to avoid kidney damage I was sweating bullets about underwater obstacles! How deep is that lake?

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Fire up the lap top and look at those pics!

I am trying! Its wierd my BB gets good signal at home but my Verizon card for my laptop doesn't. Go figure!?

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 09:10 PM
I am trying! Its wierd my BB gets good signal at home but my Verizon card for my laptop doesn't. Go figure!?

Excuses.....go sit on the roof, see what kind of signal you get.

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 09:11 PM
I wonder if Mastercraft would set me up as the dealer in cincy? I would be all over it if the numbers worked!

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Can I come work for you :uglyhamme

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Excuses.....go sit on the roof, see what kind of signal you get.

Yeah right! And get struck by lightning? Thanks friend! Jeez!

Hoosier Bob
05-30-2006, 09:15 PM
I knew that was coming! How about anyone with three letters or less in their nickname or name can apply? ERK, UMP, BOB, DUH! 8p Can I come work for you :uglyhamme

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Can I come work for you :uglyhamme

Sure! If you sell boats and don't go to band camp all the time!

TMCNo1
05-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Go to hear, I figured if MC got involved and understood your situation they would work it out for you.

Hoosier Bob
05-30-2006, 09:51 PM
We are throwing a lot of credit towards a dealer base that has chosen to hire Target rejects! ;)
I just had to ERK! :D Go to hear, I figured if MC got involved and understood your situation they would work it out for you.

tex
05-30-2006, 10:04 PM
where is erk working?

Lance
05-30-2006, 10:05 PM
So what happens to the person that doesn't have the patience to endure this crappy treatment from a dealer and is not on this forum with friends in the right places...do they then have to buy from the poor dealer.

I am glad this ended well but this was a point solution for 1 person. What is the solution for this whole class of problems and what is being done to correct the poor performance of Hern?

I say as consumers not only do we have the right to speak with our dollars but we actually have a responsibility to do so as that is the only vote we have. Letting the dealers work out a backroom deal is not a solution in my book as it still puts some of the purchaser's money in the poor dealer's hands.

My wife is getting tired of our 20 year old MC but I just don't see buying a new one strictly due to the dealership issue. Thankfully my boat is old (and simple) enought that I can do the work myself with a little help from SkiDim occasionally so don't have to deal with the idiots at the dealership in my area.

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Tex, I am working with Chicago MasterCraft.

tex
05-30-2006, 10:10 PM
That is great to hear!

Hoosier Bob
05-30-2006, 10:11 PM
I think the way it should work is that both dealers go by the honor system and split on out of area customers. The problem is that the dealers in question decided to bicker rather than bite the bullet and accept the split then they informed the potential customer of a no sale due to the split. This should never happen and of course I am guessing. PCM should have said you live where and prepared to make the check out and Hern should have said thank you very much, I do not deserve this, you keep it. Both could have worked this out but the fact remains I have seen everything MC and PCM have done but not much from the soul that needs saving? :confused: Just a thought!So what happens to the person that doesn't have the patience to endure this crappy treatment from a dealer and is not on this forum with friends in the right places...do they then have to buy from the poor dealer.

I am glad this ended well but this was a point solution for 1 person. What is the solution for this whole class of problems and what is being done to correct the poor performance of Hern?

I say as consumers not only do we have the right to speak with our dollars but we actually have a responsibility to do so as that is the only vote we have. Letting the dealers work out a backroom deal is not a solution in my book as it still puts some of the purchaser's money in the poor dealer's hands.

My wife is getting tired of our 20 year old MC but I just don't see buying a new one strictly due to the dealership issue. Thankfully my boat is old (and simple) enought that I can do the work myself with a little help from SkiDim occasionally so don't have to deal with the idiots at the dealership in my area.

Hoosier Bob
05-30-2006, 10:14 PM
Erk if I had the Jack I would buy ten from you! Lottery? 8p Tex, I am working with Chicago MasterCraft.

Granite_33
05-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Yep I figurd that out when we got out on it! The whole time un between trying to avoid kidney damage I was sweating bullets about underwater obstacles! How deep is that lake?

The open / ski area is anywhere from 5 feet to 8 feet.

The rest of the lake though is anywhere from 3-5 feet..... :eek:

Some areas go deeper, but those are few and far between

Granite_33
05-30-2006, 10:48 PM
I was going to post a comment on this whole dealer thing earlier.

Beginning in '05, I started looking for a new or used X-9 or PS 209 with tower.

I visited the cincy boat show and stopped by the Hern booth. Got a personal tour of a loaded, tricked out PS 209 w/ tower from Zane Schwenk, we sat and talked about it for a while. They took the personal info and away I went thinking nothing more of it.

About a month later I started looking harder and found some '04 model year closeouts. Found 1 in Wisc, 1 in Mich, both at dealerships.

I called them both and discussed the boats.

Next thing you know, I get a call from Hern, telling me that they have the boat I am looking for..............low and behold it was the one in Wiscsonsin.....imagine that.......... :rolleyes:

I spoke with Hern and they told me that the dealerships have strict territories.....turns out that the Wisc dealer called them. The folks at Hern also gave me the shpeel that local dealers do a better job of servicing your boat, since you bought it from them, and you get priority, etc, etc.
Nevermind that I would be taking the boat to Michigan and would never have it serviced at Hern anyway, so the whole service / support thing never even registered with me to begin with (Note to dealers.....any dealership selling better service cause you bought the the boat there should learn salesmanship and service skills. A strong, competent service center is one of your best sales tools no matter who brings a boat through the door)

Unfortunately, I was immediately turned off to that deal.

I ended up with the X-9 that the Mich dealer had........after he called and discussed it with Hern also...............

You would think that the dealer would take it as a sign...............lookin for a sign? Theres your sign.......no one wants to buy a boat from you cause your service is bad......

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Bob to your comment about the dealer split that was me stoping the deal at that point. Pcm right away offered to do that but I said no way. I wasn't going to let hern earn another penny off me given my last visit there plus that is bs if pcm had to do all the work to get the sale and hern basically collected royalties. Pcm deserves a lot of credit and in my eyes I have been really pleased with them from our last purchase thru now. I straight up eye to eye asked Scott tonight if hern in anyway got a piece of this and he said it was only a pcm sale.

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 10:58 PM
I was going to post a comment on this whole dealer thing earlier.

Beginning in '05, I started looking for a new or used X-9 or PS 209 with tower.

I visited the cincy boat show and stopped by the Hern booth. Got a personal tour of a loaded, tricked out PS 209 w/ tower from Zane Schwenk, we sat and talked about it for a while. They took the personal info and away I went thinking nothing more of it.

About a month later I started looking harder and found some '04 model year closeouts. Found 1 in Wisc, 1 in Mich, both at dealerships.

I called them both and discussed the boats.

Next thing you know, I get a call from Hern, telling me that they have the boat I am looking for..............low and behold it was the one in Wiscsonsin.....imagine that.......... :rolleyes:

I spoke with Hern and they told me that the dealerships have strict territories.....turns out that the Wisc dealer called them. The folks at Hern also gave me the shpeel that local dealers do a better job of servicing your boat, since you bought it from them, and you get priority, etc, etc.
Nevermind that I would be taking the boat to Michigan and would never have it serviced at Hern anyway, so the whole service / support thing never even registered with me to begin with (Note to dealers.....any dealership selling better service cause you bought the the boat there should learn salesmanship and service skills. A strong, competent service center is one of your best sales tools no matter who brings a boat through the door)

Unfortunately, I was immediately turned off to that deal.

I ended up with the X-9 that the Mich dealer had........after he called and discussed it with Hern also...............

You would think that the dealer would take it as a sign...............lookin for a sign? Theres your sign.......no one wants to buy a boat from you cause your service is bad......

I was serious when I said I wonder if I could get the MC dealership in the area. I think a ton of the product and the business. I know in my little neck of the woods there are over 100 comp boats on our lake and less than 10 are MC. Most are new or newer malibus. Tons of potential for the right MC dealership!

Hoosier Bob
05-30-2006, 10:58 PM
I have nothing to say that is not positive. That being said it is nice to know that if PCM is given a future lead by me they will deliver no matter where they live. Did you have Steve do the financing? :confused: Bob to your comment about the dealer split that was me stoping the deal at that point. Pcm right away offered to do that but I said no way. I wasn't going to let hern earn another penny off me given my last visit there plus that is bs if pcm had to do all the work to get the sale and hern basically collected royalties. Pcm deserves a lot of credit and in my eyes I have been really pleased with them from our last purchase thru now. I straight up eye to eye asked Scott tonight if hern in anyway got a piece of this and he said it was only a pcm sale.

05-30-2006, 11:00 PM
We are throwing a lot of credit towards a dealer base that has chosen to hire Target rejects!
I just had to ERK!

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

HB, you rule!!!

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 11:03 PM
So with all this PCM talk, am I completely out of the question over at Chicago MasterCraft or what?

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 11:05 PM
I have nothing to say that is not positive. That being said it is nice to know that if PCM is given a future lead by me they will deliver no matter where they live. Did you have Steve do the financing? :confused:

Talked to Steve the other day via phone. He said no problem just needs two days. No deal is on the table yet because I need to get my boat delivered before going to the table. I will check dealer and Steve to compare rates.

BTW nice one hb about erk!

That was funny!

Hoosier Bob
05-30-2006, 11:07 PM
It was not nice, but funny. If Erk had actually sent me any shirts I have already paid for I would have held back! ;) Talked to Steve the other day via phone. He said no problem just needs two days. No deal is on the table yet because I need to get my boat delivered before going to the table. I will check dealer and Steve to compare rates.

BTW nice one hb about erk!

That was funny!

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 11:08 PM
So with all this PCM talk, am I completely out of the question over at Chicago MasterCraft or what?

Erk you not feeling the luv tonight my brutha?

Chill man I am playing this one level headed.

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 11:09 PM
Erk you not feeling the luv tonight my brutha?

Chill man I am playing this one level headed.

You know that used X7 is pimpin :)

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 11:11 PM
It was not nice, but funny. If Erk had actually sent me any shirts I have already paid for I would have held back! ;)

If it makes you feel any better I got mine almost two weeks ago and they are nice! Erk done well with these!

Erk! Ship the man his shirts!

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 11:13 PM
You know that used X7 is pimpin :)

Erk you really are earning the name boat pimp!!!

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 11:15 PM
Boat chopper, boat pimp......I don't care.

ABC

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Boat chopper, boat pimp......I don't care.

ABC

You lewn qwuick gwasshoppa. Now you must lewn advance selling skills. Make pwospect believe they made decision to buy you pwoduct without having them feel you twying to sell them.

Hoosier Bob
05-30-2006, 11:22 PM
All joking aside if I were a "First Timer" Erk would be an excellent choice to buy from. Passion, drive and a huge TMC support group. If the customers can't see that they are either blind or not going to appreciate all we have here! Keep pushing Jeff Erk! No sale is ever over! ;) Boat chopper, boat pimp......I don't care.

ABC

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 11:26 PM
All joking aside if I were a "First Timer" Erk would be an excellent choice to buy from. Passion, drive and a huge TMC support group. If the customers can't see that they are either blind or not going to appreciate all we have here! Keep pushing Jeff Erk! No sale is ever over! ;)

I'm going to call his wife tomorrow, once I convince her, he will follow :)

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 11:26 PM
All joking aside if I were a "First Timer" Erk would be an excellent choice to buy from. Passion, drive and a huge TMC support group. If the customers can't see that they are either blind or not going to appreciate all we have here! Keep pushing Jeff Erk! No sale is ever over! ;)

Tru dat on all accounts!

Chicago MC better not let erk go to band camp. They will be missing their MC closer.

You know hb erk could have had me at hello if he offered up some MC coozies for you and I! Lol!

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 11:27 PM
Tru dat on all accounts!

Chicago MC better not let erk go to band camp. They will be missing their MC closer.

You know hb erk could have had me at hello if he offered up some MC coozies for you and I! Lol!

I told you I would have to boat in KY for Mag Mania June edition....isn't that better than coozies?

bcampbe7
05-30-2006, 11:27 PM

Erk is going for the jugular! If you convince her, you have sold yourself a boat!

bcampbe7
05-30-2006, 11:28 PM
I told you I would have to boat in KY for Mag Mania June edition....isn't that better than coozies?

You coming down this weekend?

05-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Hey Erk, see JR said to ship the Tshirts!! :D SEE!!! :wavey:

Hoosier Bob
05-30-2006, 11:31 PM
I guess if I have something to wear I could make it? ERK? :confused:

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 11:31 PM
You coming down this weekend?

You'll have to get your answer from JR????????

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 11:32 PM

Dude cmon! Coozies? You forget I am the guy you called while I was in a drive in liquor store!

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 11:34 PM
You'll have to get your answer from JR????????

Patience gwashoppa. You can always ride down with us erk.

05-30-2006, 11:35 PM
I guess if I have something to wear I could make it? ERK? :confused:
Erk holding out on you too HB? :confused:

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Patience gwashoppa. You can always ride down with us erk.

Only way I go to KY this weekend is on a boat delivery.... :D

I'll hook you up with the coozies, MasterCraft key chains, and fill the cooler.

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Guys, tomorrow AM, me and the USPS are having a get together.

Hoosier Bob
05-30-2006, 11:38 PM
So does that mean Jeff gets some more cool crap and UMP and I get screwed? :confused: Guys, tomorrow AM, me and the USPS are having a get together.

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 11:39 PM

Erk I wouldn't have guessed you to be that type of a fella!!

05-30-2006, 11:40 PM
What are you doing, having a coffee & pie social or what?

;)

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 11:40 PM

Easy there.....

05-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Yea me too JR,

HB, are you sure Erk didnt say anything odd about Tex's pics? :confused:

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 11:43 PM
Only way I go to KY this weekend is on a boat delivery.... :D

I'll hook you up with the coozies, MasterCraft key chains, and fill the cooler.

You know you want to come down.... Get in the car and drive 5 hours to me. You can get a fee ride the rest of the way.

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 11:46 PM
Yea me too JR,

are you sure Erk didnt say anything odd about Tex's pics? :confused:

Haven't seen it. A bit limited posting from BB

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 11:46 PM
You know you want to come down.... Get in the car and drive 5 hours to me. You can get a fee ride the rest of the way.

I'm supposed to be at a family graduation party on Saturday, and the only way to get out of it is "work". Jrandol has the opportunity to provide me with that "work".

6ballsisall
05-30-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm supposed to be at a family graduation party on Saturday, and the only way to get out of it is "work". Jrandol has the opportunity to provide me with that "work".

Oh I see. You want me to be the guy that helps you break apart your family because you are addicted to selling boats. Who's selling the crack here erk? MC or you? Isn't it kind of ironic you want to miss a big family get together to sell me something designed to be something a family can enjoy together?

Erk we need to work on those priorities buddy! Tisk tisk

erkoehler
05-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Oh I see. You want me to be the guy that helps you break apart your family because you are addicted to selling boats. Who's selling the crack here erk? MC or you? Isn't it kind of ironic you want to miss a big family get together to sell me something designed to be something a family can enjoy together?

Erk we need to work on those priorities buddy! Tisk tisk

nah, its all good with the family :) I'm a work aholic anyways.....plus, it would give me the chance to foot with you guys before I go off to Maine.

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 08:58 AM
nah, its all good with the family :) I'm a work aholic anyways.....plus, it would give me the chance to foot with you guys before I go off to Maine.

Is band camp still there or did it float away? :confused:

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 08:59 AM
What are you doing, having a coffee & pie social or what?

;)

ROTFLMAO!!! :uglyhamme

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 09:00 AM

Dude if you can close her on a deal than hats off to you! It was the best sale of my life getting her to say yes to me!

Workin' 4 Toys
05-31-2006, 12:09 PM
When I saw Doug posting I turned out the lights, turned off the radio and got back in bed! :o
Way to Jack HB.... LMAO.....

05-31-2006, 12:16 PM
So does that mean Jeff gets some more cool crap and UMP and I get screwed? :confused:
Looks like it HB. Unless JR makes that a negotiating point in his deal that we get our T shirts from Erk. :rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
05-31-2006, 01:19 PM
UMP and I get screwed? :confused:
That sounds kinda personal BrokebackBob.....:rolleyes:

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 01:21 PM
Update: Jason B. from MC called me today just to confirm all was going smoothly with my upcoming purchase of a MC.

Talk about incredible service and concern on MC's part! I am very impressed and eager to be in a new MC!! :firejump:

Footin
05-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Hey Jeff, are we going on a road trip to pick one up?
I told you I would ride along and I was not kiddin.

erkoehler
05-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Anytime now......

erkoehler
05-31-2006, 01:23 PM

No, no road trip!

Footin
05-31-2006, 01:24 PM
Erkle, just beacuase you cant seal the deal, don 't mean we cant go pick one up.

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 01:25 PM

Appreciate the offer. Who knows we might need to do that for Erk's sake :D

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 01:26 PM
Erkle, just beacuase you cant seal the deal, don 't mean we cant go pick one up.

Whether Erk does seal the deal or not he deserves a heckuva lot of credit. He is a persistent bugger! :worthy:

Footin
05-31-2006, 01:26 PM
Appreciate the offer. Who knows we might need to do that for Erk's sake :D

I will be home Friday night (late) I will call you once I get back in the States after dinner.

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 01:27 PM
I will be home Friday night (late) I will call you once I get back in the States after dinner.

Good deal! :wavey:

Footin
05-31-2006, 01:30 PM
Headed out to dinner now and the to the ballet (my boss told me something about girls dancing so should I assume this is the ballet?)

bcampbe7
05-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Headed out to dinner now and the to the ballet (my boss told me something about girls dancing so should I assume this is the ballet?)

I think the ballet in Amsterdam is different than the ballet in the States! :eek:

Workin' 4 Toys
05-31-2006, 01:53 PM
Maybe you are going to vote.
Word to the wise, poke all the way through, you don't want any "hanging chads"....

Footin
05-31-2006, 05:31 PM
Back at the hotel, ballet was closed, open tomarrow.

6ballsisall
05-31-2006, 06:56 PM
Back at the hotel, ballet was closed, open tomarrow.

Dude your in RUSSIA!! You need to be drinkin the good Vodka my friend!! :friday: