PDA

View Full Version : Mead Mini WestCoastReunion

Ryan
05-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Calling all Vegas MC owners! Or anyone else for that matter. WakeSeeky and I are planning to get together at Lake Mead on Sat 6/10 up around Echo Bay.

More details to come, I'm going out there for a houseboat trip and need to confirm where we will be that day.

"Echo Bay Marina is one of my favorites. Although a bit farther to drive to, it gets you up in the less populated Overton Arm. On weekends and holidays this is very noticeable. Echo Bay is about 41 miles from Henderson. Follow directions to Callville Bay Marina turnoff, then continue on North Shore Drive another 23 miles (about 34 miles from Hwy 146) to the Echo Bay Marina Turnoff, then turn right."

WakeSeeky
05-27-2006, 12:08 PM
What Ryan said. We launched from Echo last Sunday. Water was a balmy 80 degrees. :cool: Come on out and enjoy!

vegashomeexpert
05-27-2006, 12:23 PM
The operative word is "launched"! I see that sky below your foil! We will make it happen!

WakeSeeky
05-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Awesome! Three MCs puts us well on our way to mini-reunion status. :cool:

And I should clarify, that is a friend in the picture, I can only claim credit for pushing the button on the camera. 8p

Ryan
05-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Sounds Good!!!

BUMP

WakeSeeky
05-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Another BUMP....And since the weather was lousy this weekend, I had plenty of time to go through recent pictures. This one is me up by Echo a week ago, making a rather more feeble attempt at jumping. :D

SkiDog
05-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Another BUMP....And since the weather was lousy this weekend, I had plenty of time to go through recent pictures. This one is me up by Echo a week ago, making a rather more feeble attempt at jumping. :D

Wakeseeky, did you see the tread I started earlier today about the standup hydrofoils? Check out www.foilboarding.com. Looks pretty cool!

WakeSeeky
05-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Skidog, I haven't seen those in person, just pictures, but they do look like fun. I would love to try one, but I think I'd probably just faceplant from higher up. :rolleyes: :D

Ryan
06-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Well, I don't have any accurate locations. Our plan is to head straight east out of the bay and set anchor on the shore over there. We may move a little North or South one or two of the days, but should be straight East of Echo Bay.

vegashomeexpert
06-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Well, I don't have any accurate locations. Our plan is to head straight east out of the bay and set anchor on the shore over there. We may move a little North or South one or two of the days, but should be straight East of Echo Bay.
Hi Ryan: Lot of nice beaches over there and to the north. Most face the main water though so you get some boat waves. Remember that the wind comes from the south. You can get a sheltered one if you are lucky. Wakeseeky invited us. Hope you don't mind. Weather is supposed to be great! :banana:

Ryan
06-06-2006, 10:54 AM
The invite is for anyone that can make it out. The more the better. :headbang:

WakeSeeky
06-06-2006, 11:01 AM
I know if you go north a bit there are some coves out of the wind, I don't recall seeing much of that to the south unless you go quite a ways, but we only get up there a few times a year, so I could be forgetting something. Vegas is right, in that arm you'll get the wind from the south.

Weather should be great, and we are working on getting the water nice and warm this week. :D

vegashomeexpert
06-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Met Ryan and his crew and Wakeseeky and her crew yesterday. Great time! Ryan, you have some awsome houseboating buddys! My stomach muscles are a little sore today from laughing at the tube wars. Those girls are a blast! Hope they all survived OK. At least there was no blood! Sorry no pics but I'me sure the stories were good last night. :D

WakeSeeky
06-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Awesome to see you both out there, that was a lot of fun even with the wind! Sorry we had to bail out early, we needed to evacuate our wounded. :D

Ryan it was great to meet you and you have a beautiful boat! Vegas, good to see you again and you also have a beautiful boat, although I might be prejudiced on that one. ;) Next time, though, let's put in for less wind, shall we? :rolleyes:

vegashomeexpert
06-12-2006, 10:02 AM
When the wind comes up, the tubes and surfer come out. No rain, no rainbows! Sorry we only saw you in passing but there is always next time. :)

Ryan
06-13-2006, 03:24 PM
The MiniWestCoast Reunion was a success! We all made it in spite of the crazy wind.

Andrea, I wish we had gotten a group pic before you had to leave. It was great to meet you and Jeff. Thanks for taking the effort to hunt us down among all the coves.

Jeff, thanks again for taking the girls tubing and for the limo-ride to the marina. Mostly, thanks for finding the slalom course, it made the 5:00am daily dawn patrol more worthwhile. We had a blast once the owners straightened it after the wind. Speaking of wind, I can see now why the 23 footer is the vegas boat of choice, and also why Andrea foils. One of the forks on my wakeboard rack broke in half from all the pounding. The FourWinns that was with us destroyed a prop, but I got lucky and came out unscathed.

Man-alive, red is getting closer and closer to black as my favorite MC color. VegasHomeExpert and Ryan below:

Ryan
06-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Our cove, south of Glory Hole.

WakeSeeky
06-13-2006, 04:19 PM
Great pics! I am sorry we left early, but I wanted to get my bro back to something stronger than Advil. He's still flat on his back. :(

That's the first time I've seen a course set up at Mead, glad the wind let up enough for you guys to enjoy it. It was really nice to meet you and I wish we'd had more time.

And since we missed the photo op, and since I promised, here's a picture of our boat on the other side of the channel from where you camped. Obviously I can't claim credit for taking the picture, but I do like it. :D

mitch
06-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Great pics! I am sorry we left early, but I wanted to get my bro back to something stronger than Advil. He's still flat on his back. :(

That's the first time I've seen a course set up at Mead, glad the wind let up enough for you guys to enjoy it. It was really nice to meet you and I wish we'd had more time.

And since we missed the photo op, and since I promised, here's a picture of our boat on the other side of the channel from where you camped. Obviously I can't claim credit for taking the picture, but I do like it. :D

Wakeseeky, Is that you? Great pic, and that is some serious

Ryan
06-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Wakeseeky, Is that you? Great pic, and that is some serious

I'm pretty sure that's not Wakeseeky. I'm guessing she is in the driver's seat of that X30.

WakeSeeky
06-14-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm pretty sure that's not Wakeseeky. I'm guessing she is in the driver's seat of that X30.

Yes, that would be me watching in awe. I'm getting a bit less air than that. :D

bcampbe7
06-14-2006, 03:28 PM
That's pretty awesome!
By the looks of the picture, and your head-tilt, it appears that the person is flying over your boat! :eek:

WakeSeeky
06-14-2006, 03:41 PM
That's pretty awesome!
By the looks of the picture, and your head-tilt, it appears that the person is flying over your boat! :eek:

He is. :cool: