PDA

View Full Version : My Wife Rocks!!

6ballsisall
05-26-2006, 07:59 PM
So I take the boat out for a quick spin to get the cobwebs out of it. I back up to the ramp and get it to where the wheels on the trailer are at the waters edge, hop in the boat and let my wife back up the little distance to launch the boat. The plan was for her to hang out back at the parking lot while I run it out a few minutes and then I'd tie it up and come back to the car and back the trailer down. The wife calls my cell from the water and says "I think I can back it down the ramp for you" I smile and say "ok, are you sure???" So I go run the boat out and come back and call her when I am at the marina and tell her to come on down. She pulls to the ramp MANUVEURS around another boat loading and backs it right down the ramp!! Mind you she has NEVER backed a trailer before!!

Yahoo!! Boating with the fam has just gotten so much easier!! I love that woman!! :love: :love: :banana:

lakes Rick
05-26-2006, 08:01 PM
So I take the boat out for a quick spin to get the cobwebs out of it. I back up to the ramp and get it to where the wheels on the trailer are at the waters edge, hop in the boat and let my wife back up the little distance to launch the boat. The plan was for her to hang out back at the parking lot while I run it out a few minutes and then I'd tie it up and come back to the car and back the trailer down. The wife calls my cell from the water and says "I think I can back it down the ramp for you" I smile and say "ok, are you sure???" So I go run the boat out and come back and call her when I am at the marina and tell her to come on down. She pulls to the ramp MANUVEURS around another boat loading and backs it right down the ramp!! Mind you she has NEVER backed a trailer before!!

Yahoo!! Boating with the fam has just gotten so much easier!! I love that woman!! :love: :love: :banana:

Another marijuana induced story here......

6ballsisall
05-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Another marijuana induced story here......

How you doin thar Rick :rolleyes: :wavey:

Footin
05-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Good for her, make sure you reward her tonight.

6ballsisall
05-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Good for her, make sure you reward her tonight.

done deal ;)

lakes Rick
05-26-2006, 08:07 PM
How you doin thar Rick :rolleyes: :wavey:

OK my man. Not been into my boat much, been taking some trips on the fatboy and working on my vert.. Need to finish taking out the V-drive and fix the leak.. Raining here all week and is supposed to be wet all weekend.....

Friends EX girlfriend, who was a dumptruck driver, used to back in all of our trailers at the lake a few years ago.. I mean this gal could drive doubles.. AND she looked like she was a member of the swiss bikini team.. Ole Ingrid, sure do miss her.. And her cosmetically inhanced hooters!!!!!!!!! True story.....

6ballsisall
05-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Rick I think Ingrid and my wife must've been on the same bikini team ;)

Except she doesn't drive trucks 8p

PendO
05-26-2006, 08:12 PM
Congratulations to your wife, that is great ... but man, were you HIGH ON CRACK to let her do that for the first time? Seriously, congrats, boating just got a helluva lot easier for you.

6ballsisall
05-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Congratulations to your wife, that is great ... but man, were you HIGH ON CRACK to let her do that for the first time? Seriously, congrats, boating just got a helluva lot easier for you.

She seemed confident when she called me on the phone. I thought, what the heck, let's see what she's got. She did Great!! I wasn't even on the phone telling her what to do, she figured it out all on her own. AND managed to drive around a few obstacles along the way. :love:

PendO
05-26-2006, 08:19 PM
She seemed confident when she called me on the phone. I thought, what the heck, let's see what she's got. She did Great!! I wasn't even on the phone telling her what to do, she figured it out all on her own. AND managed to drive around a few obstacles along the way. :love:

well, if I ever let my wife back down a ramp somebody get me a drug test - better yet, give me the form and I will check the appropriate boxes:) U da man JR.

bcampbe7
05-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Very cool Jeff!

Congrats Mrs. Randol! :cool: :friday:

Mag_Red
05-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Deb is a GREAT GAL! :friday: Now if I could get my daughter to do the same. Maybe this week-end :D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-26-2006, 09:31 PM
JR, that is just TOO COOL my friend!!! :D :toast: :dance:

atlfootr
05-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Mind you she has NEVER backed a trailer before!!
I love that woman!! :love: :banana:I am the wife of atlfootr and I was just sitting here listening to my hubby read me several posts,
one of which was about backing a boat to the ramp.

Give us women some credit; probably given the opportunity more wives can back a trailer.
I have been doing it for years and I also barefoot ski at 40 miles per hour.

We women are amazing WHEN WE WANT TO BE.....
We got married barefoot skiing, and what woman isn't excited about a wedding
outfit that makes her bottom look bigger!!!! :uglyhamme
GO WIVES ..... YAHOOEEEEEEEEEEE :woohoo:

Tennesseeski
05-26-2006, 10:53 PM
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

Tennesseeski
05-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Now I got to start teaching my new girlfriend how to drive the boat. I will have to save the backing for a few years. Once I get the PP put back in, hope driving will be a bit easier for her! Told her the most important thing IS DON'T RUN OVER ME WHEN YOU BRING THE ROPE!!!! :D

dapicatti
05-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Now I got to start teaching my new girlfriend how to drive the boat. I will have to save the backing for a few years. Once I get the PP put back in, hope driving will be a bit easier for her! Told her the most important thing IS DON'T RUN OVER ME WHEN YOU BRING THE ROPE!!!! :D
This is the first year for my wife pulling me as well.....wish me luck

shepherd
05-27-2006, 07:34 AM
well, if I ever let my wife back down a ramp somebody get me a drug test - better yet, give me the form and I will check the appropriate boxes:) U da man JR.

C'mon, what's the worst that can happen? From the beginning, the rule with my wife was always "do you want to back the trailer down or do you want to drive the boat on?" Women are no less capable of driving a trailer than any man I know, as is apparent from the responses on this forum. Skill comes with practice.

RackAtak
05-27-2006, 09:15 AM
C'mon, what's the worst that can happen? From the beginning, the rule with my wife was always "do you want to back the trailer down or do you want to drive the boat on?"
That was my same question I asked my wife...she choose to drive the boat on. If anyone wants to witness power loading, just watch her drive the boat onto the trailer! :eek:

shepherd
05-27-2006, 10:14 AM
That was my same question I asked my wife...she choose to drive the boat on. If anyone wants to witness power loading, just watch her drive the boat onto the trailer! :eek:

I know what you mean :eek: ............ 8p

PendO
05-27-2006, 11:15 AM
//////////////////////////////////

canadianskier
05-27-2006, 01:42 PM
one of the reasons I bought my `92prostar is so the wife can drive it off and on the trailer. after on full day of practice she is now a pro, now I can go for a quick ski while the kids are in school. And you ought to see her power load what a sight, the time the trailer wheels hit the water and the boat is locked in and coming up the ramp is 45-60sec

jclose8
05-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Backing a trailer isn't exactly rocket science. Why would some of you think it would be difficult for your wife to learn? Do you allow her around a hot stove???!! (oh, never mind.... that's womens work)

My wife backs the trailer up, drives the boat on, docks the boat, pulls skiers, wakeboarders, skis, wakeboards... etc...
ain't no thing.

Ric
05-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Good for you JR
my lady backs a trailer and drives 34 mph slalom course too! It's nice

jpattigr
05-27-2006, 02:50 PM
It drives me nuts watching the clowns that think they have to do it all and only allow their wives / girlfriends to maybe hold the boat at the dock!!

My wife can back it down even when we are towing with our 28ft motorhome, load the boat on a trailer, and drive the in the course. She is equal to me at all these things.

Give them a chance!!!! :twocents:

6ballsisall
05-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Backing a trailer isn't exactly rocket science. Why would some of you think it would be difficult for your wife to learn? Do you allow her around a hot stove???!! (oh, never mind.... that's womens work)

My wife backs the trailer up, drives the boat on, docks the boat, pulls skiers, wakeboarders, skis, wakeboards... etc...
ain't no thing.

Easy JC! :eek: I was just commenting on the fact that my wife has NEVER backed a trailer before in her life and her first shot wasn't in a parking lot but an actual ramp and she did splendid! :cool:

lakes Rick
05-28-2006, 03:44 PM
I am the wife of atlfootr and I was just sitting here listening to my hubby read me several posts,

We women are amazing WHEN WE WANT TO BE.....

Of course you are!!!! I hum your theme song " I am women hear me roar" every year at the boat ramp when I see women plug up, er I mean back the trailers and hold, er I mean drive the boat on the trailer..

Honestly, I don't always hum it, as I am laughing so hard, I can"t....

SkiDog
05-28-2006, 06:03 PM

My hat is off to you! I got my wife to pull my motorcycle trailer to Daytona, ON THE INTERSTATE, one time because I was a little tired. I was even going to switch back when we got close, but I couldn't stand all the caring on about how nervous she was about pulling a trailer! If I tried to get her to back up a trailer you'd thought that I had asked her to kiss a snake or something! Its just a whole lot easier to do it myself! :huh:

jclose8
05-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Easy JC! :eek: I was just commenting on the fact that my wife has NEVER backed a trailer before in her life and her first shot wasn't in a parking lot but an actual ramp and she did splendid! :cool:

Oh, I know.... I wasn't aiming at you in particular, but the attitude in general.

Props to your wife! That is definitely cool. There is something kind of sexy about a very capable woman.

roddydog
05-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Mine Rocks too........................................

But for some different reasons!!!

Man I love that woman!!!

86Craft
05-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Was never a option for my wife to just stand at the dock with a rope in her hand. We get to the ramp, I jump in the boat, she backs me down. When it is time to go, I drop her off, she goes and gets the rig, and hooks the boat up with that latch bar. If never seen this type of trailer, image standing in front of your boat holding a bar while I'm gunning the boat up the bunks right at you, and having to latch the bar
to the eye hook. She runs that outfit better than most of the guys at the ramp. :steering:

atlfootr
05-28-2006, 10:13 PM
She runs that outfit better than most of the guys at the ramp.Three CHEERS for the wives ... :banana: :banana: :banana:
:toast:

djhuff
05-31-2006, 08:52 AM
Nothing worse than sitting in the water watching someones poor helpless looking wife trying to hold the boat to the dock while her husband tries (poorly) to back a trailer down the ramp. then they look at me like I am the rudest boater on the lake when I squeeze between them and the boat on the other dock to get on my trailer that my wife backed down (mind you she was behind the wonderful husband in line, and he's still not iin the water).

Makes me and my wife smile every time it happens, and I'm not quiet about how proud I am of her.

Danimal
05-31-2006, 09:38 AM
My wife also ROCKS. We had to put the boat on the trailer last night in a down pour. She backed the trailer in and she is also not afraid to stand on the ramp and put up that damned suicide bar. She was a little nervous the first time but she is quite used to it now. she's a trooper. On top of all that she is pretty darned good driver. I trust her to give me a pull any day of the week.

And just to show you how cool she really is. As a lot of you know I will most likely be selling my boat. She said that when the new child support order is done in 2 years I can buy a bigger badder boat. She's awesome!! That is when I will start my search for a 1998 30th Anniversary like Farmers.

pkskier
05-31-2006, 10:15 AM
My wife has been backing the trailer for 18 years and if there is someone or something in the way she goes around them. She is also the best boat driver pulling a skier on the lake.

jimmer2880
05-31-2006, 07:20 PM
While My wife can't back a trailer to save her life, she does put the boat on the trailer better than I can. The kicker is, she's only been driving boats for 5 years now, & i've been boating all my life.

She'll also go skiing with me when we're close to the 100 degree rule while everyone else thinks we are nuts! :worthy:

I love my wife!

lakes Rick
06-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Your wives all read this?? Sure seems like alot of BS happening here to maybe get lucky later?????

I sure missing having to talk this way!!!!!!!!

jsonova99
06-01-2006, 05:59 AM
I let my girlfriend try once, and she had the thing totally jacknifed. I had to jump out of the boat run up and do it myself. Something we'll have to work on I guess.

djhuff
06-01-2006, 08:11 AM
She'll also go skiing with me when we're close to the 100 degree rule while everyone else thinks we are nuts!

You're lucky, mine won't even go out unless it is over 75 in the air, then she won't get into the water until it is in the 75 range either. More like a 150 degree rule for her.

pkskier
06-01-2006, 10:08 AM
My wife not only backs the trailer and pulls me skiing as I mentioned earlier, but she also gets up at 6:00 AM on Saturday and Sunday so we can get the best water of the day and she also starts skiing in February with a wet suit when I get started.

tex
06-01-2006, 11:36 AM
pk,
is that her in your aviator? if so, coupled with her driving and backing...she does not rock...she's perfect!

lakes Rick
06-02-2006, 05:07 PM
I let my girlfriend try once, and she had the thing totally jacknifed. I had to jump out of the boat run up and do it myself. Something we'll have to work on I guess.

Only honest "woman" post on here......

PendO
06-02-2006, 08:17 PM

you guys remember when your wife was your girlfriend ... man, things were a bit different then:)

(did I say that out loud?)

lakes Rick
06-02-2006, 11:45 PM
you guys remember when your wife was your girlfriend ... man, things were a bit different then:)

(did I say that out loud?)

Yeah, I even remember when my EX was my wife...... Things certainly were different back then.....

kycat2007
07-22-2006, 09:59 PM
I have to brag a bit about a lady I know. I have known this lady for a bit and knew she was special. I knew she liked the lake but last weekend I got to spend some quality ime with her at the lake.
Should I say possibly as close to perfect as it gets. She can drive a boat as good as most of us men. She took my heart away when we were getting ready to go for a ride and she noticed a Baja zipping thru the water. She says to me is that a Baja. She can ski and she loves the Mastercraft.
When we were done and getting ready to take the boat out she said I will back the trailer and did so on her first try. I have to give her dad some credit for this because he raised her right.

milkmania
07-22-2006, 10:35 PM
I have to give her dad some credit for this because he raised her right.

I would think that would have a lot to do with a lot of women on the lake.
If a girl is raised with the mentality that they can't do something, they lose confidence in themselves, if they are encouraged non stop, they can and do accomplish almost anything:twocents:

rick s.
07-25-2006, 05:43 PM
My wife (of 20 years) suprised the crap out of me by being able to back the boat / trailer appropriately. I had absolutely no idea she would pick this up so quickly.

pram
07-25-2006, 06:01 PM
My wife backs up the trailer on occasion but normally I do it with her in the boat, she fires it up drives it off of the trailer away from the launch and comes back to pick me up on the warf. Drops me off at the warf at the end of the day, I run and grab the trailer and she power loads it and off we go her and the kids in the boat. It is fantastic, sit on the ramp less than a minute loading or unloading. But I tell ya there sure are alot of guys out there that think that their wives can't do a d@mn thing other than hold the boat and wait for them to get back (this has to be a Wally rule :rolleyes: )

whitedog
07-25-2006, 11:48 PM
My wife is rocks too. She can back a trailer, load or unload the boat, pulls skiers including jumpers and footers. Also is the rider in one of the clubs multi engine boats and handles pin pullling for mutliple acts. All from a farm girl who 20 years ago had never been in a boat.

PS she ski's too.

6ballsisall
07-25-2006, 11:50 PM
I would think that would have a lot to do with a lot of women on the lake.
If a girl is raised with the mentality that they can't do something, they lose confidence in themselves, if they are encouraged non stop, they can and do accomplish almost anything:twocents:

TRU DAT!

I bet your one helluva Dad Milky!

badams
07-27-2006, 08:23 PM
My wife backs the boat in and out, pulls me boarding and backs it into the garage. The neighbors just stair. It's hilarious!

jclose8
07-28-2006, 10:03 AM

Yup. Just like I tell my daughter.... "You can grow up to be anything you want (as long as you will accept 20% less pay than an equally qualified male)"

X2M
07-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Yup. Just like I tell my daughter.... "You can grow up to be anything you want (as long as you will accept 20% less pay than an equally qualified male)"

why do women have to accept it?

wakesport
07-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Today's our anniversary. So, what does my wife want to do?

:worthy: Get up at 5:15 am to get the first water. :woohoo:

:steering: She is a great driver and can back the trailer or load the boat. She knows how to do it all.

Plus she skis good too.

slink976
07-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Okay this might be a thread jack but....

My wife rocks too

She bought me a new 2006 X2 a few weeks back!

Footin
07-28-2006, 04:50 PM

My wife rocks too

You win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rixter_69
07-28-2006, 05:45 PM

My wife rocks too

You lucky dog....But can she back it down the ramp? :D

slink976
07-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Okay, you got me on the backing but..... she can pull it on the trailer!

Rixter_69
07-28-2006, 06:34 PM
But still, she she bought you a new X2! You got us all beat dude. :rolleyes:

Okay, you got me on the backing but..... she can pull it on the trailer!

I've got exactly the same deal - when we're done, I jump off the boat, go get the trailer back it down the ramp and then she trailers it like a pro.

We we got out first boat (Ski Centurion), the one time she tried to park the trailer (keep in mind this was 12 years ago) she short cut a corner and ended up putting the (empty) tandem trailer right on a huge log. Freaked her out so much, so she prefers to just drive the damn boat!!!:D OK by me!

One of these days, she'll try it again, but until then, I'm the DD!

Cheers,

rick s.
07-31-2006, 03:10 PM
First (successful) toe side! And smiling! My baby she's got it....

slink976
07-31-2006, 03:18 PM
Nice tell her
Slink say Outstanding Job!!!

rick s.
07-31-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks, and I will tell her tonite....

SkiDog
07-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Well, lets see some pics of these women doing what they do best!
That has to do with boats!:D

wakesport
08-01-2006, 10:25 AM
It's my wife Betsy's birthday today. So, we started the day with an easrly morning ski.

Here's some footage of mostly her skiing. I'm the left foot forward skier.

http://personalpages.tds.net/~wakesport/Florida_d.WMV

jraben8
08-01-2006, 10:50 AM
It's my wife Betsy's birthday today. So, we started the day with an easrly morning ski.

Very nicely done.

tex
08-01-2006, 09:12 PM
8th anniversary today! I can't say enough good things about her. Puts up with my martinis, supports me through my recent job issues, and leg issues. Plus, I met her at the lake and she skis great!!!!!! Did I mention that she's a great mom? Maybe the 197 will get re-broken in!!!!

erkoehler
08-02-2006, 12:09 AM
:D Just thought I'd bump this thread because Jeff is about to be killed by his wife:D

6ballsisall
08-02-2006, 12:10 AM
:D Just thought I'd bump this thread because Jeff is about to be killed by his wife:D

Well I have at least 2 more days left in me. :D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-02-2006, 08:18 AM
Congrats Tex!:)

and my Condolences JR;)

mitch
08-02-2006, 08:30 AM

Nice wake! Is that a wetsuit:confused:

stevo137
08-02-2006, 07:06 PM
My wife rocks too! When we had a boat, she backed the trailer, pulled skiers, and the other stuff. She has been a full time mom for about 15 years but still works her arse off. We started the patio project last weekend. (She's an awesome gardener too)

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/stevo137/Ren001.jpg
We placed about 1,800 lbs of rock over the weekend.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/stevo137/Ren007.jpg

Mag_Red
08-02-2006, 07:42 PM
:eek: Dag gone Steve, you must water that grass every day! Everything down here is brown from the 90 degree temps and the lack of rain. I see the Mrs is doing the patio, so what are you helping with????:D

stevo137
08-02-2006, 07:50 PM
:eek: Dag gone Steve, you must water that grass every day! Everything down here is brown from the 90 degree temps and the lack of rain. I see the Mrs is doing the patio, so what are you helping with????:D
The back yard gets plenty of shade which helps quite a bit. As far as what I'm doing, taking pics of course! :D

Mag_Red
08-02-2006, 08:47 PM
The back yard gets plenty of shade which helps quite a bit. As far as what I'm doing, taking pics of course! :D:purplaugh At a Boy!:D

Rixter_69
08-02-2006, 08:58 PM

Great clips Wakesport! Like the early morning (or is it late evening) glass.

It's a thing of beauty!

Rixter_69
08-02-2006, 08:59 PM

Great clips Wakesport! Like the early morning (or is it late evening) glass.

It's a thing of beauty!

dapicatti
08-02-2006, 09:06 PM

Great footage! What a great way to spend a birthday:cool: