PDA

View Full Version : Where to store cockpit table top in X30???

prostar205
05-26-2006, 05:14 PM
I lost a little storage room in my boat when I installed my stereo. I had to move the 3-vent heater box to under one of the bow storage areas. Thus, everything in that area moved and so on and so on with the other storage areas in the boat. Therefore, the location that I once used to storage the top of the cockpit table is now occupied by life jackets. I was wondering if anyone has devised a way to strap the top of the table to the port side rear ballast tank. It fits there perfectly but I need a way to keep it from flopping around. Or, does anyone have any other suggestions on where to keep this item. I am open for suggestions.

Thanks,

PS205 (Tom)

Mag_Red
05-26-2006, 06:24 PM
I lost a little storage room in my boat when I installed my stereo. I had to move the 3-vent heater box to under one of the bow storage areas. Thus, everything in that area moved and so on and so on with the other storage areas in the boat. Therefore, the location that I once used to storage the top of the cockpit table is now occupied by life jackets. I was wondering if anyone has devised a way to strap the top of the table to the port side rear ballast tank. It fits there perfectly but I need a way to keep it from flopping around. Or, does anyone have any other suggestions on where to keep this item. I am open for suggestions.

Thanks,

PS205 (Tom)I say leave it at the dock or in the garage. :D Do you really use it that much???

Footin
05-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Or maybe you could surf on it?

Mag_Red
05-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Is it small enough to strap it to the backside of the Engine cover??

prostar205
05-27-2006, 12:41 AM
You guys are killin' me.

The day I leave it in the car or at the slip will be the day the wife wants to use it. That is not happenin'. As I mentioned, it fits great pushed up against the port side rear ballat tank. I just have to figure out how to get a couple of tie downs (bungee cords) in that area to hold it secure.

AZHAWK
05-27-2006, 01:32 AM
prostar- I had the same problem last week when i installed my stereo upgrades. I had the table resting next to the port side ballast tank with a couple of those generic 4 pack life vest bags snugged in to hold it in place. That worked just fine until i lost that storage area to the new sub box. Now I have it laying face down under the port side seating area right where the seat flips up to access the larger storage area. I covered it with a towel and slid it toward the rear of the boat as far as it would go. It stopped at about where the speaker is. It works for now. Not as good as the rear ballast location, but hey, we plan on using the subs more than the table. :D -AZHAWK

Jim@BAWS
05-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Take stainless steel screws and anchor them into the hard plastic ballast tanks. Place a velcro tab to the table that you never use and one on the tank...if you think your boat was possed before just wait until you mount this table holder...watch out.

Cockpit table...is this a party barge or a skiboat
:uglyhamme

Jim@BAWS

PS Please do not do what I just told you to do...please

Thanks,

PS205 (Tom)

prostar205
05-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Thanks Jim.

That is a great idea. I am going out right now with my DeWalt 18V cordless drill and some #10 SS screws and do exactly what you outlined.

BTW - the boat is an X30 and yes, its a party barge. We actually use the table alot.

Anyone else have any "GOOD" ideas like Jim's?????

BigBarney
05-27-2006, 10:54 PM
I screwed some small "D" rings into the plastic engine side cover. 4 to be exact making a perfect square a little larger than the table. I use 2 bungee straps in an "X" manner to keep it secure. No problems. BTW, the table is a big PLUS whenever you and the wife go out alone :D

bcampbe7
05-27-2006, 10:58 PM
I screwed some small "D" rings into the plastic engine side cover. 4 to be exact making a perfect square a little larger than the table. I use 2 bungee straps in an "X" manner to keep it secure. No problems. BTW, the table is a big PLUS whenever you and the wife go out alone :D

Is it that sturdy?!?!

Were you on Tims today?
We sayed in our little cove most of the day. We did venture over to the marina but that was it. The main channel was rough, especially in a PS190.

BigBarney
05-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Not out on the lake today. The house is scheduled to be done sometime next month. Wife says middle of June - I think the end of June is more realistic.

rick s.
05-30-2006, 01:23 PM
I keep my cockpit table in the port-aft storage locker. It is right next to the engine-wall, and wedged in with the obligatory orange 4-pack coastguard approved lifejacket package. It is a perfect fit!