PDA

View Full Version : Weeds--- 88 Prostar

ksdaoski
05-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Hello-
the boat is fairly new to me, as is the lake I'll be using it at. Last night, took my bosses boat out, an 18' Sea Ray. TONS OF WEEDS! Weeds were so bad in some spots, that it was getting wrapped around the prop, had to stop and pull them off.

Made me think about the intake on the Prostar. I'm at work, so I can't check, but is there a screen or anything to keep weeds, etc out? Something I should do to prevent weeds from keeping up the intake?

Thanks

88 PS190
05-26-2006, 02:40 PM
I'd have to look, we have no weeds.

bigmac
05-26-2006, 02:48 PM
Hello-
the boat is fairly new to me, as is the lake I'll be using it at. Last night, took my bosses boat out, an 18' Sea Ray. TONS OF WEEDS! Weeds were so bad in some spots, that it was getting wrapped around the prop, had to stop and pull them off.

Made me think about the intake on the Prostar. I'm at work, so I can't check, but is there a screen or anything to keep weeds, etc out? Something I should do to prevent weeds from keeping up the intake?

ThanksOn my Maristar, no particular intake screen, but weeds do accumulate in the intake side of the transmission cooler. If your lake has a lot of weeks, better be sure to pull the lower hose off the tranny cooler and check for weeds. MasterCraft, in their late model owner's manuals, recommends doing that check every time you go out...

Kevin 89MC
05-26-2006, 02:57 PM
Pull the hose off the through-hull fitting for the water pickup. There is a screen (really a metal plate with holes in it) that can get clogged up. I've cleaned mine a few times. Keep an eye on your temp gauge.